carrierlist.co - Today's job recruitment is incredibly aggressive, that's why you need to operate properly which is not really a tough course of action. carrierlist.co will provide you with chance to do it so that you could produce the suitable conclusion throughout superior technique to acquire rapid and also greater end result. Doing this you're going to get much better possibility as well as less dangerous reside in the foreseeable future. TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY is amongst the businesses that you can confidence to present your family ideal in addition to better stay down the road. Joining this provider could make you in a position to attain your current aim less difficult and help make ones fantasy becoming reality.
To help make the organization eye-sight along with mission happens true; TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY can be wide open intended for fresh position while Position as DPS - DLD - DLD Hrly Customer Svc Rep II Companies TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY in Bryan, TX in January 2018 within Bryan, TX originate from January 2018. All people who's enthusiastic about filling up this specific empty, remember to take part in this particular Position as DPS - DLD - DLD Hrly Customer Svc Rep II Companies TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY in Bryan, TX in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Bryan, TX. It's advised for all those players to arrange most needed prerequisites just for this task recruitment course of action, because the procedure will be needing someone to allow ideal standards how the firm would like for this placement. If you are that you are the one which can populate this options, you can test you just read further information about Position as DPS - DLD - DLD Hrly Customer Svc Rep II Companies TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY in Bryan, TX in January 2018 January 2018 in Bryan, TX below..
DPS - DLD - DLD Hrly Customer Svc Rep IICompany TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Location Bryan, TX
Update 8 Day ago
: TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
: Office and Administrative Support
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
State Job Code: 0132
Salary Admin Plan: A
Salary (Pay Basis)
: 12.97 - 12.97 (Hourly)
Number of Openings
: Sep 19, 2017, 9:14:16 AM
: Oct 3, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
SUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS: Work In Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. In order to complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
Performs moderately complex clerical work as a temporary, hourly employee in a Customer Operations Field Office of the Driver License Division. Answers general questions pertaining to applications for various types of driver licenses. Determines the legal needs and requirements of driver license and identification card applicants. Performs routine office support functions in a Driver License office. Meets and screens applicants, administers written and visual tests, prepares application forms and collects license application fees. Answers general information questions pertaining to driver license laws and driver licensing procedures, safety responsibility laws and procedures, other Department services and services available at other state agencies, and other traffic laws. Administers driver license tests. Receives and responds to telephone inquiries from the general public. Work is performed under supervision with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
The following Military Occupational Safety codes are generally applicable to this position. Applicants must fully complete summary of experience to determine if minimum qualifications are met. 36B, 0100, 0111, 3A1X1, 3M0X1, 3A
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meets and deals with the general public in professional and courteous manner; answers general questions pertaining to applications for various types of driver licenses and identification cards, questions pertaining to traffic laws, driver license, commercial driver license, and safety responsibility laws, driver education, driver improvement, insurance requirements, voter's registration, organ donation, Department employment, and other Department and state agency services.
2. Determines the legal needs and requirements of driver license and identification card applicants. Screens application forms to ensure applicant qualification.
3. Makes and properly interprets National Driver Records (NDR), Problem Driver Pointer System (PDPS), and Commercial Driver License Information System (CDLIS) and other external system inquiries to determine applicants' eligibility for licensing.
4. Collects appropriate license fees and prepares receipts; ensures and accepts accountability that monies received balance with receipts issued; captures photograph of applicants, their signatures, and their fingerprints.
5. Checks accuracy of original, renewal, and duplicate license applications, driver education certificates, school attendance forms, insurance documents, registrations, and notarizes forms; ensures source document data input to basic state records is correct to prevent future master record changes; and verifies and scrutinizes documents presented for authenticity.
6. Advises applicants of suspensions, cancellations and revocations, and advises how to qualify.
7. Administers and grades written and oral driver examinations. May interpret for foreign language speaking applicants. Schedules applicants for driving tests. Operates automated testing machines to measure driver license applicants' knowledge of traffic laws and driving practices. Utilizes computers and digital imaging workstations for capture of applicants' portrait, thumbprint, and signature.
8. Screens application forms to ensure applicant qualification; administers oaths as necessary.
9. May administer road skills (drive test) examinations. [Must have a valid State of Texas driver license to perform this duty]
10. May travel as required to work in other Driver License Offices and/or to and from Headquarters for training.
11. May set up, close, and program office machines in preparation or close of day’s activities.
12. May make minor repairs to testing devices and other office equipment. Prepares, cleans, and maintains work area and testing devices daily.
13. Performs related duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
Education - Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent OR must be currently enrolled in high school. Must meet minimum age requirement of seventeen (17) years of age.
Experience - Previous work experience in the Driver License Division is preferred.
Licensure and/or Certification - If driving is required, must possess a valid driver license.
Regulatory Knowledge - Working knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly assimilate information related to TXDPS, State, and Federal regulations, legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures. Knowledge of general business office procedures, proficient in English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and arithmetic. Ability to make arithmetical computations.
Interpersonal Skills - Must exercise excellent interpersonal skills – position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working/professional relationships with internal and Internal customers.
Organizational and Prioritization Skills - Must be organized, flexible, and able to prioritize in a multi-demand and constantly changing environment. Demonstrated ability to meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy or timelines; ability to work independently; and to understand and effectively apply complex oral and written instructions and procedures. Ability to prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and reports. Ability to
organize and/or maintain files in alphabetical, numerical, chronological, and/or categorical order.
Presentation/Communication Skills - Must be able to effectively communicate. Must be able to produce clear, concise, and professional documents, vouchers, and forms.
Analytical Reasoning/Attention to Details - Must demonstrate an ability to examine data/information, discern variations/similarities, and be able identify trends, relationships and causal factors, as well as grasp issues, draw accurate conclusions, and solve problems.
Technology (Computers/Hardware/Software/Operating Systems) - Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Ability to use standard office equipment such as a calculator or adding machine, automated equipment and software, copier, facsimile, and folding or labeling machines.
Confidentiality and Protected Information - Must demonstrate an ability to responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information and situations, and adhere to applicable laws/statutes/policies related to access, maintenance and dissemination of information.
Safety - Must be able to work in safe manner at all times, avoiding shortcuts that have potential adverse results/risks, and must be able to comply with safety standards and best practices.
Travel and/or Schedule - Must be available to work over ISD Spring Break period and over the holiday following Thanksgiving through New Year’s (some Federal and State holidays not included). Must be available to work forty (40) hour work weeks during the weeks of June 1 through August 31. This position requires occasional start and end time as early as 7:00 a.m. and as late as 7:00 p.m.
PHYSICAL and/or ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those encountered and/or necessary for the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Environment: Office, outdoors, and vehicle
- Ambulatory skills, e.g. stand, walk, sit
- Hand-eye coordination and arm/hand/finger dexterity
- Ability to speak, hear, and exercise visual acuity
- Ability to transfer weights of fifty (50) pounds anticipated for this position
- Driving requirements: Occasional (up to 10%)
DPS employee who is selected for a position in their current salary group with a new state title may receive an increase up to 3.4%.
Salary is contingent upon qualification and is subject to salary administration and budgetary restrictions.
Additional $200/per month for working in a "metro" location. The metro amount will be factored into the hourly rate.
Applicants will be required to sign an HR-99A release form as they will be asked to demonstrate their lifting abilities at the time of interview.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE DO NOT ACCEPT TELEPHONE CALLS. ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
State of Texas retirees may be rehired for full-time, non-commissioned positions only under very specific circumstances.