carrierlist.co -- Today's career recruitment is extremely aggressive, that is for you to operate smartly and it is not a challenging activity. carrierlist.co provides you with opportunity to take action therefore you can produce the proper choice with better strategy to find quick and superior effect. Like that you'll get greater probability in addition to less dangerous live down the road. City of Carlsbad, CA is probably the firms that one could rely on to present your self suitable and also greater are living later on. Becoming a member of the corporation can make a person in a position to achieve your current target simpler and also help to make your own aspiration become a.
To make the business imaginative and prescient vision in addition to vision will come genuine; City of Carlsbad, CA is actually available with regard to new position seeing that Position as POLICE COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR I - ENTRY Companies City of Carlsbad, CA in Carlsbad, CA in January 2018 with Carlsbad, CA begin with January 2018. Every person who\'s enthusiastic about filling this specific vacant, remember to participate in that Position as POLICE COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR I - ENTRY Companies City of Carlsbad, CA in Carlsbad, CA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment within Carlsbad, CA. It can be suggested for those players to organize just about all required demands for this work recruitment procedure, because the course of action will require one to allow suited specs how the corporation needs due to this location. If you are you are this can easily fill the actual spec, you can try to see more information about Position as POLICE COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR I - ENTRY Companies City of Carlsbad, CA in Carlsbad, CA in January 2018 January 2018 in Carlsbad, CA below..
POLICE COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR I - ENTRYCompany City of Carlsbad, CA
Location Carlsbad, CA
Update 4 Day ago
The Police Communications Operator I announcement will remain open until 150 applications are received or until October 13, 2017, at 5:00 p.m., whichever occurs first, after which time the job announcement will be expired. Communications Operator I is an entry level class in the Communications Operator series and employees assigned to this class normally have little experience involving police work. Communications Operators I are normally considered to be in a training status to develop the skills, abilities and responsibilities of the next level in this series. Within one year from date of hire, employee should successfully complete the 120-hour basic dispatcher course and demonstrate the required competencies for successful job performance. Upon meeting these qualifications, employees will be re-assigned to the next higher class, Communications Operator II.
Testing: Complete and pass the CritiCall Dispatcher Exam , which consists of several modules, keyboarding, data entry, memory recall, reading comprehension, spelling and sentence clarity.
Oral Panel Appraisal Interview: Appraisal of general experience, education, judgment, problem solving ability and communication skills. Those candidates who are categorized as "Highly Qualified" will continue in the selection process.
Background Appraisal Interview: Completion and review of detailed Personal History Statement. Candidates meeting the basic criteria will continue with a background investigation.
Candidates meeting the basic criteria will continue with a background investigation.
Comprehensive Background Investigation: A detailed investigation of the candidate's personal history and suitability for employment as a law enforcement officer based on the job dimensions identified by POST. This investigation includes a lie detection polygraph screening.
Captains' Interview: Personal interviews with the Captain of Field Operations and the Communications Manager.
Final Steps: Psychological and medical evaluations before hire are required. The Chief of Police may select/appoint any individual who has successfully completed the process. Appointments are probationary for one year.
Closing date: October 13, 2017 or 150 applicants (whichever occurs first)
CritiCall Testing: Week of October 30, 2017 (times TBD)
Panel interviews: Week of November 13, 2017 (dates/times TBD)
Due to the high number of applicants, there may be future testing dates assigned to this recruitment cycle (dates/times TBD).
- Receive routine and emergency calls and dispatch police units using a virtual telephone, computer equipment and/or a two-way radio console as well as a keyboard and mouse, trackball or foot pedal.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, such as receive, document and disseminate information accurately in both written and oral form, enter information into and retrieve information from computer systems and read information from multiple computer screens.
- Document facts accurately, legibly, and completely during multiple/emergency call situations, coordinate activities within the City departments as well as with other emergency service and other government jurisdictions.
- Monitor other radio frequencies, dispatching appropriate emergency units when necessary.
- Take and evaluate reports, handle complaints, and requests for service over the phone and in person.
- Elicit information, quickly and accurately analyze situations and choose an effective course of action for both emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Provide responsive, high quality service to City employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner, screen and refer selected problems to appropriate supervisor.
- Use computer terminals to inquire, enter and check data in local, state, and national information databases.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of radio/dispatch equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Basic organization and functions of municipal police and fire departments.
- Basic emergency (911) system functions and operations, basic geography of the City of Carlsbad and San Diego County.
- Familiarity with the Police Department's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Effectively operating telephone, radio, computer terminal and other related equipment or systems in the Communications Center.
- Eliciting from, and explaining information effectively and accurately to, a wide variety of callers.
- Providing excellent customer service both in person and on the phone to every caller, regardless of who they are.
- Providing information relevant to maintaining the safety of field personnel, communications, analyzing situations accurately, reasoning clearly, and adopting effective courses of action even during times of stress or life-threatening peril.
- Learn to operate radio, telephone, and computer terminal equipment, and properly dispatch emergency units under extreme pressure.
- Learn to handle multiple situations on a simultaneous basis.
- Learn to understand, interpret and process radio traffic and telephone calls despite considerable background noise, static and interference.
- Keep a spirit of collaboration and cooperation within the Communications Center, regardless of the amount of stress/activity going on and establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Remain calm and communicate precisely and clearly in emergency situations.
- Exercise sound judgment in making priority decisions.
- Read maps, grids and written instructions.
- Deploy emergency equipment within specific guidelines.
- Learn and articulate rules and procedures involved in release and maintenance of police records and files.
- Document facts accurately, legibly and under pressure during multiple emergency call situations; understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Perform duties effectively with a minimum of supervision.
Experience & Education:
Any combination equivalent to the experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
To be considered, applicants must submit a City Application and Supplemental Questionnaire. Candidates whose applications indicate education and experience most directly related to the position will be invited to participate in the selection process. All notices will be sent via e-mail.
Unless otherwise noted, a passing score must be achieved at each step of the selection process in order to have your name placed on the eligibility list for hiring consideration.
Please note - A typing certificate is required. If invited to continue in the recruitment process, you must bring a typing certificate to the written test. 40 WPM is the minimum requirement.
Pre-Employment Backgrounds Investigation
Successful candidates must undergo a thorough background investigation. There are certain types of conduct which are automatic grounds for disqualification.