carrierlist.co : Today's work recruitment is quite competing, that may be why should you work prudently and it's not a tricky thing to do. carrierlist.co gives you opportunity to get it done so that you could make the best conclusion inside better technique to acquire swift and much better consequence. This way you will get better probability along with more secure reside in the future. City of Visalia, CA is amongst the corporations you can rely on to offer your household suitable as well as much better live later on. Getting started with the corporation can make people competent to achieve your current objective much easier along with make your own dream be realized.
To produce the corporation eye-sight along with vision happens true; City of Visalia, CA is wide open intended for brand new location as Position as FIREFIGHTER PARAMEDIC TRAINEE/FIREFIGHTE... Companies City of Visalia, CA in Visalia, CA in January 2018 in Visalia, CA begin from January 2018. Everyone who's keen on stuffing this kind of nonincome producing, you should participate in this kind of Position as FIREFIGHTER PARAMEDIC TRAINEE/FIREFIGHTE... Companies City of Visalia, CA in Visalia, CA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Visalia, CA. It can be encouraged for those members to organize almost all essential specifications for this career recruitment method, since the process will need someone to offer ideal spec the business wishes just for this location. If you are that you will be one which can load the actual options, you can search you just read further information about Position as FIREFIGHTER PARAMEDIC TRAINEE/FIREFIGHTE... Companies City of Visalia, CA in Visalia, CA in January 2018 January 2018 in Visalia, CA below..
FIREFIGHTER PARAMEDIC TRAINEE/FIREFIGHTE...Company City of Visalia, CA
Location Visalia, CA
Update 30 Day ago
TITLE: FIREFIGHTER PARAMEDIC TRAINEE (Monthly Salary $3,761.23-$4,728.47)/FIREFIGHTER PARAMEDIC (Monthly Salary $5,589.31-$7,013.27)
Under general supervision, responds to emergencies and administers advanced life support to sick or injured persons within the scope of Paramedic certification. Fights fires and participates in fire prevention; drives, operates and maintains fire apparatus; station maintenance and training activities in support of overall Department objectives. Performs related responsibilities as required.
This is the journey level in the Firefighting series which requires prior training and experience in the fire service. The Firefighter/Paramedic position is distinguished from that of Firefighter because of its responsibility to perform advanced life support techniques and maintain Paramedic certification as well as the full range of fire suppression and fire prevention activities and possession of a State of California Firefighter I Certificate. The position is distinguished from the position of Fire Engineer in that it does not require the technical expertise to operate all firefighting equipment including the aerial platform, and does not normally act in a lead capacity.
Examples of Duties:
- Responds to fire alarm and other emergency situations.
- Drives and operates fire equipment, apparatus and other vehicles.
- Performs with firefighting team under direction of scene commander; connects and lays hose lines; enters burning buildings and other areas with hose lines; operates nozzle and directs water stream; operates fire extinguishers; operates and climbs ladders; performs forcible entry when necessary and ventilates buildings.
- Performs rescue operations and assists in emergency care of sick and injured persons in the capacity of a Firefighter/Paramedic and provides appropriate advanced life support treatment as per local, state, and federal protocols.
- Performs overhauling, salvage and clean-up operations.
- Inspects, cleans and services firefighting equipment; conducts fire hydrant maintenance and flow tests; maintains clean and orderly conditions in and around fire station, including yard maintenance.
- Inspects public and commercial buildings for fire prevention purposes; identifies code and ordinance violations and potential firefighting problems; reports violations to appropriate lead inspector or supervisor; prepares pre-fire plans for high-risk buildings and areas.
- Participates in a variety of special drills and training activities.
- Maintains and submits records and report of inspections, training, work activities and others as required.
- Participates in other Department programs such as community education, volunteer training activities, airport operations, bicycle licensing, weed abatement, weather and radiological monitoring.
- Performs, initiates and participates in special department projects or programs as required.
- Performs related duties as required.
This position reports to Fire Captain and does not supervise.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Appropriate methods of patient care utilized within the Paramedic scope of practice.
- Standard fire fighting operations, procedures, equipment and safety precautions.
- Fire chemistry.
- Federal, state and governmental agency laws and regulations pertaining to emergency preparedness, emergency service, fire safety and occupancy loads.
- Safe driving procedures.
- Rapid and appropriate physical and mental response to emergency situations.
- Public contact.
- Public presentations to groups.
- Maintain and service firefighting apparatus and equipment.
- Lift and carry heavy equipment and people; endure periods of extreme heat and physical exertion; enter burning areas and other hazardous situations.
- Administer first aid, advanced life support, and CPR in emergency situations.
- Maintain accurate and orderly records.
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- Follow verbal and written directions.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other employees or general public.
- Drive and operate firefighting apparatus and equipment used in the Department.
- Learn city streets and addresses.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skill and ability. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skill and abilities would be:
Firefighter Paramedic Trainee and Firefighter Paramedic require:
- Graduation from high school or G.E.D. Associate's Degree in Fire Science or related field is desirable.
- Graduation from a Firefighter Academy.
- Possession of California or National Registry of Paramedic License.
- Must obtain local accreditation through CCEMSA (Central California Emergency Medical Services Agency) within three (3) months from appointment.
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License, Class B within one year from date of appointment.
- Possession of valid ACLS, PALS and CPR card by time of appointment.
- Possession of valid California Physical Ability Test* (CPAT) certificate by date of appointment. Certificate must be dated within one year of filing deadline.
- One (1) year experience as a Paramedic.
- Obtain State of California Firefighter I Certificate within one year from date of appointment.
- Entry level requires either six (6) months full-time paid work experience and/or one (1) year reserve/volunteer service in fire suppression. Lateral requires two (2) years full-time paid work experience in fire suppression.
- Possession of State of California Firefighter I Certificate by time of appointment.
*All candidates must possess a valid CPAT prior to being considered for hire . The process of obtaining the certificate takes approximately eight (8) weeks. For information about the process and CPAT testing locations and dates, visit the California Fire Foundation website www.cffjac.org/go/jac/cpat/ . Information regarding financial assistance can be found on the website or by calling (800) 890-3213.
Lift and carry heavy equipment and transport people; endure periods of extreme heat and physical exertion; enter burning areas and other hazardous life threatening situations.
Application and supplemental materials will be evaluated and applicants who appear to be most qualified will be invited to participate in a job related interview and/or practical examination process. Successful candidates may be required to pass a background investigation, physical examination, and/or drug screen.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this classification and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.