carrierlist.co -- Today's career recruitment is very competing, that is for you to do the job prudently and it is not just a challenging activity. carrierlist.co will provide you with chance to practice it which means you could make the proper conclusion in superior strategy to receive swift as well as far better effect. Because of this you will get greater potential customer and more secure live in the foreseeable future. Avid4 Adventure is just about the firms you could rely on to offer your family appropriate in addition to much better stay sometime soon. Signing up for this company will always make a person in a position to reach your current goal much easier and produce your own fantasy be realized.
To help make the organization perspective as well as assignment occurs accurate; Avid4 Adventure is actually open up pertaining to completely new placement since Position as Adventure Day Camp Instructor Companies Avid4 Adventure in Moraga, CA in January 2018 throughout Moraga, CA begin from January 2018. All people who's enthusiastic about stuffing this specific nonincome producing, you need to attend this Position as Adventure Day Camp Instructor Companies Avid4 Adventure in Moraga, CA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment in Moraga, CA. It truly is encouraged for many players to get ready all necessary requirements due to this work recruitment procedure, as the course of action will be needing someone to provide suited specs that the corporation wishes because of this position. If you think you are the one that can easily load this options, you can search to learn more information about Position as Adventure Day Camp Instructor Companies Avid4 Adventure in Moraga, CA in January 2018 January 2018 in Moraga, CA below..
Adventure Day Camp InstructorCompany Avid4 Adventure
Location Moraga, CA
Update 8 Day ago
Multi-Sport Camps: During a week of multi-sport, instructor pairs guide campers through one adventure activity each day which can include: climbing or stand-up paddleboarding, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing and kayaking. On rock climbing and mountain biking days, instructors will partner with Specialist Instructors, who have advanced skills in each adventure sport.
Single Sport Camps: Instructors facilitating single-sport programs work with campers on one of our core sports for the entire week, including white water kayaking, SUPing, survival skills, rock climbing, mountain biking, and bike-park riding. Activities take place on and off-site, depending on program and camp location.
As a Day Camp Instructor, you will become part of a team of outdoor professionals who receive support and mentorship from our camp leaders, grow their teaching skills, and enjoy a community of peers who live the values our camps teach. The ideal candidates are detail oriented, highly organized, and ready for action. Applicants must also have significant experience leading children and experience in at least one of our core sports. Just as important, being an Avid4 Adventure Day Camp Instructor means being ready to inspire youth to live an active, outdoor lifestyle and have a summer full of fun!
All day camp instructor applicants will complete a general online application. During the interview process, we will determine which type of day camp and role is the best fit with your background.
- Provide age and developmentally- appropriate instruction in mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing, Leave No Trace principles, and team building.
- Co-lead activities on or off-site (dependent on camper age group and program)
- Drive campers in 15 passenger van and trailer when leading off-site programming. (Van driving training will be provided).
- Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs.
- Serve as a role model for campers in appropriate behavior, language, attitudes, and activities.
- Provide guidance, supervision, safety and comfort for participants during all activities.
- Thoroughly understand emergency action plans and help implement procedures if necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of equipment, and report any damages to Camp Director.
- Maintain excellent communication between campers, parents, and staff.
- Participate in staff meetings and program meetings.
- Take an active role in the continual evaluation of campers, programs, and staff.
- Adhere to all of the policies and procedures of the American Camp Association.
- Other duties as requested by the Camp Director.
- Minimum age to apply is 19 years old. Due to insurance and driver needs, many of our new staff will need to be over 21 years old.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Significant personal or teaching experience in at least 1 of the following sports: climbing, biking, kayaking, canoeing, stand-up paddle boarding, survival skills, outdoor education.
- Experience leading youth and a passion for working with kids.
- First Aid certification:
- Wilderness First Aid (WFA) or higher is required for most Avid instructors. Instructors working only with our 3-6 year old programs only need Community/Basic First Aid, but are encouraged to obtain a WFA in order to fill in for older age camper programs.
- CPR certification:
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association prior to camp start date (cannot be a 100% online course).
- Valid Driver's License is highly preferred.
- High levels of organization, communication, and judgment.
- Outdoor activities require ability to bike, hike, climb and kayak at a level that affords an appropriate margin of comfort while instructing students.
- Work takes place in outdoor environments in variable, sometimes extreme, weather conditions.
Training is June 2-9. During training, you are paid a training wage, which is the minimum wage in the geographic location in which the training occurs.
Typical Camp Schedule: 39.25 hours/week. Monday 7:30 am - 3:45 pm; Tuesday - Friday 8:00 am - 3:45 pm.
Camp start/end dates vary by location.You will have the chance to indicate your availability and location preference in our online application.
Compensation: Varies based on certifications and experience. View compensation table
Application Process :
As you can tell by now, we take hiring really seriously. Our staff (YOU) are the most important part of our camps. Please read the below application process thoroughly. We value your time, and want to move you through this process as quickly as possible.
Within the application you will be able to indicate all relevant sport and age group experience. If selected for an interview and hired for a position, we will determine how your skill set best fits available positions. However, instructors need to remain flexible. You will be asked to work in various day camp programs throughout the summer, based on enrollment.
- After reviewing your online application, you will either be notified by email if we decide not to move forward, or we will schedule an in-person, group interview or an individual web interview if you live outside of the area.
- Our team will do a thorough reference check with no less than 3 references. Two of these references must be with previous employers.
- Applicants given a job offer must also successfully complete the following:
- Background checks
- Employee paperwork submitted within 2 weeks of being offered employment.
- I am 19 years of age or older.
- I am legally allowed to work in the United States.
- I have not been convicted of any felonies.
- I have never been convicted of, nor am presently under investigation for any matter related to child abuse, sexual misconduct or violence.
- I love kids, camp and sunshine!