carrierlist.co - Today's career recruitment can be quite competitive, that is certainly why should you work wisely and it's not just a challenging action to take. carrierlist.co will give you probability to practice it therefore you could create the correct decision with much better technique to find rapid and also greater outcome. Because of this you'll get far better potential customer and more secure stay later on. City of Sacramento is just about the companies you could trust to present your family appropriate as well as much better live later on. Subscribing to this business is likely to make people able to attain your own objective easier and help to make your current fantasy be realized.
To help to make this company eyesight along with assignment arrives legitimate, City of Sacramento will be available pertaining to completely new situation because Position as Program Specialist Companies City of Sacramento in Sacramento, CA in January 2018 in Sacramento, CA begin from January 2018. Everyone who's keen on stuffing this specific empty, make sure you be involved in this particular Position as Program Specialist Companies City of Sacramento in Sacramento, CA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Sacramento, CA. It's encouraged for all players to organize just about all required specifications for this career recruitment treatment, as the method requires one to offer ideal standards the corporation desires because of this situation. If you're that you'll be the one which could complete the actual spec, you can search to learn further information about Position as Program Specialist Companies City of Sacramento in Sacramento, CA in January 2018 January 2018 in Sacramento, CA below..
Program SpecialistCompany City of Sacramento
Location Sacramento, CA
Update 8 Day ago
The Department of Public Works is seeking a Program Specialist for the Recycling and Solid Waste (RSW) Division. This position is primarily responsible for managing the division's operating and capital budgets, coordinating budget preparation, administering approved budgets, monitoring expenditures; projecting year-end expenditures and revenues; analyzing costs, projecting trends in expenditures and revenues; justifying projections and explaining variances; coordinating/participating in year-end closing process and rate-modeling; and supervising professional, technical, and clerical staff.
The incumbent manages performance measures for divisional operations and develops and maintains informational and statistical reports regarding operational performance, goal attainment, and service levels compared to industry standards.
This position will work closely with the division management and professional staff, as well as other city departments, providing support for routine financial operations, complex operating and capital project budget issues, and business process development and enhancement.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in budget management, public finance, and policy, and will possess strong organizational skills and exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with employees, upper management, and customers.
Under general direction the Program Specialist plans, directs, and supervises all of the activities of a major department or Citywide program or project with moderate visibility and impact; conducts studies and makes recommendations; monitors program compliance; represents the department in contacts with media, internal and external agencies, and organizations.
This advanced journey level class in the professional series is populated with multiple incumbents. The Program Specialist is distinguished from the next lower class of Program Analyst in that the Program Specialist manages multiple programs or moderately visible programs with greater department or Citywide impact. This class is distinguished from the next higher classification of Program Manager in that the Manager is responsible for administration and management of programs and projects with high visibility and substantial Citywide impact.
This class is distinguished from the class of Administrative Officer in that the latter is responsible for all internal administrative functions for a department.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
General direction is provided by a department or division head. Some assignments require responsibility for direct or indirect supervision of lower level professional, technical, and clerical personnel. Some positions function as internal consultants and require coordination among multiple divisions in a department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, coordinates, and administers, a project or program with department or Citywide impact; supervises, trains and evaluates the work of professional, technical and clerical staff.
- Confers with department heads, division managers, members of professional staff, and other officials concerning the administrative needs and requirements related to the program or project; represents the program in contacts with news media, business and civic organizations, other City departments, and various outside public and private agencies.
- Interprets new policies, procedures, and regulations, and develops new or amended programs or projects as need dictates, monitors program objectives to assure compliance with State and administrative regulations and program guidelines.
- Conducts studies and surveys, performs research and analysis and prepares recommendations for department management; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness and outcomes; creates and implements program policies and procedures; develops guidelines, forms and related documents.
- Reviews grant opportunities; compiles and analyzes information for preparation of grants, contracts and agreements; negotiates terms; implements, monitors and prepares reports on conduct and performance of grants.
- Identifies program, project or system enhancements; selects and coordinates installation of new and revised programs and systems.
- Provides exceptional customer service to those contacted in the course of work.
- Other related duties may also be performed; not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual holding this classification.
- Principles and practices of public administration and governmental finance, budgeting, and accounting.
- Procurement methods.
- Research techniques, methods and procedures.
- Methods and practices of modern office management.
- Principles and practices of program management and administration.
- Technical report writing.
- Methods of analysis.
- Principles and practices of supervision.
- Managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Customer service, including dealing with people under stress, and problem solving.
- Use of computers, computer applications, and software.
- Effectively plan, develop, and implement a comprehensive program with a broad scope and high degree of complexity.
- Supervise and direct professional, technical, and clerical staff.
- Analyze fiscal problems and make sound policy and procedural recommendations.
- Make effective presentations to public officials, committees, and outside agencies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public.
- Prepare technical and analytic reports.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Make program or project changes based on analysis of results, new legislation, or departmental changes.
- Meet multiple deadlines.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Four years of progressively responsible professional-level administrative experience.
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business or public administration or a closely related field.
Note: It is highly desirable the required years of professional-level experience be attained in a governmental jurisdiction.
Proof of Education:
Proof of education such as college transcripts and degrees must be submitted to the City of Sacramento Employment Office in person, as an attachment(s) to the online application, or fax to (916) 596-1556 by the final filing deadline. If submitting in person or via fax, please include your name and Recruitment # 001799-17-PW-SW on your documents.
An applicant with a college degree obtained outside the United States must have education records evaluated by a credentials evaluation service. This evaluation must be submitted before you will be considered for any positions.
Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the required education on a year for year basis.
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License at the time of appointment. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Please note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders.
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) – All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application to the Employment Office by the final filing deadline;
- Employment applications must be submitted online; paper applications will not be accepted.
- Employment applications will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified:
- If applicants do not list current and past job-related experience in the "Work Experience" section. Note: Qualifying experience is based on 40 paid hours per week (pro-rated if less than 40 hours/week).
- If "see resume" is noted in the "Work Experience" section; a resume will not substitute for the information required in the "Work Experience" section.
- Proof of required education and/or degree equivalency must be submitted online with your application, delivered in person, or sent to the Employment Office by fax or mail by the final filing deadline.
2. Supplemental Questionnaire: (Pass/Fail) – In addition to the City of Sacramento employment application, all applicants must complete and submit online responses to the supplemental questionnaire to the City of Sacramento Employment Office by the final filing deadline:
- Responses to the supplemental questionnaire must be submitted online; paper questionnaire will not be accepted.
- Incomplete supplemental questionnaire will not pass the review process; omitted information cannot be considered or assumed.
- A resume will not substitute for the information required in the supplemental questionnaire.
- Possession of the minimum qualifications is not necessarily a guarantee of further advancement in the selection process.
3. Screening Committee : (Pass/Fail)– Human Resources will evaluate employment applications for the minimum qualifications stated on the job announcement.
4. Conviction Questionnaire : Human Resources will notify candidates who met the minimum qualifications by email to complete and submit the "Conviction Questionnaire". The notification will provide each candidate with instructions on how to sign into his/her GovernmentJobs account and retrieve the "Conviction Questionnaire". Promptly follow the instructions and respond to the questionnaire within three (3) business days from the date of the email notification . Failure to complete this step by the deadline will result in your application not being forwarded to the hiring department for further consideration.
5. Interview Process : Human Resources will forward qualified applications to the hiring department. Those determined to be the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an interview process.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process:
- Please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/Home/ApplicationGuide for a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to the application process.
- Visit the City of Sacramento Human Resources Department website at http://www.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Career-Opportunities ;
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- Call the Human Resources Department at (916) 808-5726; or
- Visit the Human Resources Department at Historic City Hall, 915 I Street, Plaza Level, Sacramento, CA 95814.