carrierlist.co - Today's career recruitment is quite aggressive, that may be why should you function wisely and it is an excellent difficult action to take. carrierlist.co will provide you with probability to practice it therefore you would be able to make the best choice inside greater technique to obtain speedy and also greater result. Because of this you will get far better possibility as well as safer live in the future. Everett Public Schools - WA is probably the businesses you can confidence to provide your household suitable along with much better stay down the road. Becoming a member of this provider will make anyone able to attain ones goal less complicated along with make ones dream becoming reality.
To help to make this company eyesight as well as vision comes true; Everett Public Schools - WA is usually open up regarding brand-new placement because Position as PARA EDUCATOR - ELL Companies Everett Public Schools - WA in Everett, WA in January 2018 throughout Everett, WA begin as January 2018. Everybody who's considering filling that nonincome producing, you need to attend this kind of Position as PARA EDUCATOR - ELL Companies Everett Public Schools - WA in Everett, WA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Everett, WA. It can be advised for everyone members to prepare all necessary demands just for this task recruitment procedure, because practice need that you provide suited spec that this corporation would like just for this situation. If you believe that you'll be this can easily complete the particular specs, you can search to see more information about Position as PARA EDUCATOR - ELL Companies Everett Public Schools - WA in Everett, WA in January 2018 January 2018 in Everett, WA below..
PARA EDUCATOR - ELLCompany Everett Public Schools - WA
Location Everett, WA
Update 4 Day ago
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding the value of providing instructional and other direct services to all students. Understanding the roles and responsibilities of certificated/licensed staff and para educators.
- Knowledge of patterns of human development and learning, as well as milestones typically achieved at different ages and risk factors that may prohibit or impede typical development.
- Ability to practice ethical, professional, and legal standards of conduct, including the requirements of confidentiality. Ability to communicate with colleagues, follow instructions, and use problem-solving and other skills that will enable the para educator to work as an effective member of the instructional team.
- Ability to provide positive behavioral support, management, and discipline techniques to motivate and assist students.
- Knowledge of the legal issues related to the education of students with disabilities and their families. Awareness of diversity among the students, families, and colleagues with whom they work.
- Knowledge and applications of the elements of the effective instruction and assessment and the use of technology to assist teaching and learning under direction of certificated/licensed staff in a variety of settings.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow health, safety, and emergency procedures of the district.
- Knowledge of learning and instructional styles appropriate to assigned grade levels and individual students. Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics; or knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness, as appropriate.
Skills in written and oral communications; completing assigned tasks in a timely manner; handling confidential matters; operating a PC (personal computer) utilizing related software programs; learning and interpreting assignments, procedures, rules, and regulations; encouraging and tutoring students.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of staff, students and the public in a multi-cultural environment; follow written and oral instructions.
- Assists students in one-to-one and small group settings to provide additional learning support for instructional areas, including reading, math, vocabulary, writing, library, and special needs.
- Assists students in dealing with conflict, expressing themselves in appropriate ways, and improving their behavior.
- Assists teachers in the preparation of learning materials, including making copies, bulletin boards, and visual learning aids.
- Coordinates activities and meets with teachers on a regular basis.
- Administers tests and evaluates student progress in reading, math and language arts; grades assignments and tests, as directed.
- Assists teachers in the maintenance of student records and grades.
- Assists teachers with parent conferences and parent contact; and participates in parent involvement activities.
- Supervises students and enforces assigned area rules; corrects students as necessary to maintain a safe environment; oversees student activities and safety in assigned area.
- May answer phones, assist visitors, maintain records, operate office equipment, collect and distribute materials, inventory, and order and process materials.
- May assist students with special needs, skills improvement, behavior techniques, and other activities; escort students to and from locations.
- Uses computers and related technologies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) and have completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education (72 quarter credits or 48 semester credits), or have obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree or have successfully passed the ParaPro Assessment developed by the Educational Testing Service.
- Certification in CPR and first aid.
- Some positions may require a valid Washington State driver's license or evidence of mobility.
- Paraeducator Competencies
EMPLOYMENT INFO / APPLY TO:
Work is typically performed in and around a student learning environment; some positions may require precise control of fingers and hand movements; may be required to balance and crouch, crawl, bend, or kneel; stand for prolonged periods; be exposed to high noise levels; experience a multitude of demands and changing priorities with frequent interruptions.
For Special education paraeducators with the exception of Resource Room: The job duties/responsibilities of this position have been identified as high risk (reasonably anticipated to have exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens). Employees in this position are required to complete annual Bloodborne Pathogen (HIV/Hepatitis B) renewal training and are eligible to receive Hepatitis B immunizations paid for by Everett Public Schools.
Apply online at www.everettsd.org at Employment. Only completed applications will be screened. Complete applications must be on file in Human Resources by 4:00PM on the closing date.
$15.64 - $19.91; 2017-18 EAP Salary Rates
4.0 Hours/Day; 194 Days/Year.