carrierlist.co : Today's work recruitment is very competing, that is certainly why should you do the job wisely in fact it is an excellent difficult activity. carrierlist.co gives you possibility to take action so that you would be able to help make the correct decision in better technique to get fast as well as much better consequence. That way you will definately get superior probability as well as less hazardous stay sometime soon. Department of Homeland Security is just about the corporations that you could have confidence in to present your household appropriate along with greater stay in the foreseeable future. Becoming a member of the corporation could make you competent to achieve ones goal simpler in addition to make the aspiration become a reality.
To help to make this company eyesight in addition to vision occurs genuine; Department of Homeland Security will be available with regard to brand-new location while Position as Customer Representative Companies Department of Homeland Security in Carson City, NV in January 2018 inside Carson City, NV start from January 2018. Anyone who's considering filling up this particular vacant, you need to engage in this specific Position as Customer Representative Companies Department of Homeland Security in Carson City, NV in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment within Carson City, NV. It really is advised for those members to get ready almost all required specifications with this task recruitment treatment, for the reason that procedure will require you to definitely give ideal specs the company wants just for this place. If you think that you're one that can fill up the particular options, you can search to learn more information about Position as Customer Representative Companies Department of Homeland Security in Carson City, NV in January 2018 January 2018 in Carson City, NV below..
Customer RepresentativeCompany Department of Homeland Security
Location Carson City, NV
Update 5 Day ago
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) of the Department of Homeland Security is seeking a limited number of applicants for temporary, full time jobs in
Carson City, NV
. All candidates should possess strong computer, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. Eighteen years of age and US Citizenship required. Selected candidates will be required to complete a background investigation which includes fingerprinting. FEMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salaries are comparable to local pay rates.
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
Responsibilities In this position, you will serve as a call center Customer Representative; as such completes the initial disaster assistance registration procedure: processes a variety of claims or requests for disaster assistance; and/or provides various types of information regarding available programs to people applying for disaster assistance by telephone after a Presidentially-declared disaster.
Typical work assignments include:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for persons inquiring about disaster assistance by telephone. Conducts telephone interviews with disaster victims who have been affected by a declared disaster.
- Assists applicants by telephone and in person, determines applicant needs, and provides instructions and referrals to appropriate disaster programs, community resources, and other Federal agencies, as appropriate.
- Provides information and explanations of Housing Assistance, Other Needs Assistance Grant, and other programs to applicants.
- Conducts verification activities to determine eligibility of applicants for disaster assistance through direct contact with applicants, in order to gather and disseminate information.
- Processes applicant cases, re-certifications, audits, and recoups and lodging reimbursement from disaster assistance applicants.
Supervisory status No
Promotion Potential 00
Who May Apply This job is open to… All U.S. Citizens
Resumes will be reviewed daily for consideration. Please ensure that the resume you submit upon application is the one you would like reviewed. Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- Professional experience servicing customers and providing customer support for an organization/business.
- Proper telephone etiquette to provide excellent customer service for an organization/business
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Experience fluently communicating, comprehending, and translating Spanish and English to include speaking, reading and writing is preferred but not required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your application must show that you meet all requirements for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position.
Qualifications NOTE: Qualifications are based on breadth/level of experience. In addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from MM/YY to MM/YY) and the number of hours worked per week if part time. As qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, failure to provide this information may result in disqualification. Applicants are encouraged to use the USAJOBS Resume Builder to develop their federal resume. For a brief video on How to Create a Federal Resume, click here.
Current or former FEMA Reservists/DAE employees: To accurately credit your experience for these intermittent positions, make sure to list the dates (from MM/YY to MM/YY) of each
- Local hire positions are full time, temporary, non-benefited positions.
- To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, DHS requires every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully pass a background investigation for Public Trust as a condition of placement into this position. This may include a credit check after initial job qualifications are determined ( Mythbuster ), review of financial issues, such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs. For more information on background investigations for Federal jobs please visit the OPM website at https://www.opm.gov/investigations/background-investigations/ .
- If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, fine, or imprisonment.
- DHS uses E-verify, an internet based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify , including your rights and responsibilities.
- This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. If you are qualified, you may be referred to a hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
- Your resume
- Your responses to the job questionnaire
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.