carrierlist.co : Today's job recruitment is quite competitive, that may be why you need to operate prudently in fact it is not only a difficult activity. carrierlist.co offers you possiblity to get it done so you can create the suitable selection inside superior strategy to get swift and also superior consequence. That way you're going to get better prospect as well as less hazardous stay sometime soon. Prince George's County Public Schools is one of the firms that you could have confidence in to give your household ideal as well as much better live in the foreseeable future. Subscribing to this business is likely to make people competent to attain the objective much easier and help make ones dream becoming reality.
To create the organization eye-sight along with vision arrives genuine; Prince George's County Public Schools will be start regarding fresh position as Position as Administrative Secretary I Companies Prince George's County Public Schools in Prince George's County, MD in January 2018 throughout Prince George's County, MD start from January 2018. Anyone who's enthusiastic about answering that vacant, make sure you take part in this Position as Administrative Secretary I Companies Prince George's County Public Schools in Prince George's County, MD in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment in Prince George's County, MD. It's advised for all those contributors to ready just about all important requirements for this employment recruitment course of action, since the course of action requires that you give suitable specification that the organization wants due to this location. If you think that you are the one that can fill your standards, you can look at to learn further information about Position as Administrative Secretary I Companies Prince George's County Public Schools in Prince George's County, MD in January 2018 January 2018 in Prince George's County, MD below..
Administrative Secretary ICompany Prince George's County Public Schools
Location Prince George's County, MD
Update 4 Day ago
Hourly Range: $21.59 - $42.05 (external candidates may not be placed above Step 6 $28.68 due to contractual requirements)
CLOSING DATE: October 11, 2017
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Receives telephone and personal callers, and screens those, which in his/her judgment, can be handled by other offices, and tactfully refers them as appropriate;
- Acts as intermediary for superior in contacts with school and central office personnel, parents, the public, private and other government agencies;
- Explains and interprets administrative decisions and policies to others; answers varied inquiries or complaints and resolves problems requiring adaptation of rules, regulations and precedents; transmits and explains orders and instructions;
- Maintains superior's calendar and schedule certain appointments and conferences without prior clearance;
- Makes necessary arrangements for conferences, including space, time, people, and assembles background material for such;
- Receives and reads incoming correspondence, reports and other written materials; screens out items that he/she can handle and forwards the rest to the superior or their subordinates with necessary background materials;
- Prepares memoranda and correspondence for review and signature of superior on a variety of assigned subjects;
- Maintains control records on incoming correspondence and action documents;
- Follows up on work in process to insure timely reply or action;
- Reads outgoing correspondence for procedural and grammatical accuracy, and consults with superiors on matters relating to conformance with policy, factual correctness and adequacy of treatment;
- Assigns, supervises and coordinates the work of subordinate employees; develops office forms and procedures, when necessary; and
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Thorough knowledge of responsible secretarial duties and office management practices;
- Thorough knowledge of office terminology, good English usage and letter writing style;
- Thorough knowledge of the organizational structure, programs, policies and functions of the Prince Georges County School System;
- Ability to exercise good judgment in applying a wide range of operating procedures and policies;
- Ability to carry out administrative work;
- Ability to pass pre-employment exam; take and transcribe dictation at a high rate of speed;
- Ability to follow complex oral and written directions; ability to meet top level officials and others with tact and diplomacy and able to get along well with and establish good working relationships with others;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complex clerical records and prepare reports from such records;
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions in accordance with laws, ordinances, regulations and established procedures; and
- Ability to work independently in absence of detailed instructions.
High School diploma required; Associates degree from an accredited college or university preferred; five (5) or more years of administrative or secretarial experience, preferably in a professional environment providing administrative support to an executive; experience in Human Resources a plus .
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, sit, and use fingers, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, the ability to adjust focus, and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Direct Deposit is expected as a condition of new hire employment.
Based on the settlement agreement reached in Administrator, Wage and Hour Division, U.S. Department of Labor v. Prince George's County Board of Education, OALJ Case No. 2011-LCA-00026, PGCPS is ineligible to sponsor foreign nationals for U.S. employment under any temporary or permanent visa program. As a condition of employment, all applicants for employment must be qualified to work in the United States without sponsorship by PGCPS. If you are not work-authorized and would require PGCPS to sponsor you for a work visa you will not be considered for employment.