carrierlist.co : Today's task recruitment is very competing, that is certainly for you to function prudently in fact it is not only a difficult activity. carrierlist.co will provide you with probability to get it done and that means you could create the right decision in superior technique to receive rapid and better effect. Like that you'll receive better prospective client along with less hazardous reside sometime soon. Town of Knightdale North Carolina is among the businesses you can have confidence in to present your household suited in addition to much better are living in the future. Subscribing to tag heuer could make people capable to attain your objective less difficult along with help make your wish become a reality.
To help to make the corporation imaginative and prescient vision as well as mission occurs genuine; Town of Knightdale North Carolina can be open intended for fresh location while Position as Limited Service Firefighter Companies Town of Knightdale North Carolina in Knightdale, NC in January 2018 throughout Knightdale, NC start from January 2018. All people who's considering stuffing this particular nonincome producing, please engage in that Position as Limited Service Firefighter Companies Town of Knightdale North Carolina in Knightdale, NC in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Knightdale, NC. It truly is recommended for those participants to ready most essential demands due to this work recruitment treatment, for the reason that practice need someone to allow suitable spec the organization wishes for this placement. If you believe you are one which could fill the particular standards, you can attempt to see more info about Position as Limited Service Firefighter Companies Town of Knightdale North Carolina in Knightdale, NC in January 2018 January 2018 in Knightdale, NC below..
Limited Service FirefighterCompany Town of Knightdale North Carolina
Location Knightdale, NC
Update 9 Day ago
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Limited Service Firefighters will only be tasked with the duties listed below which they have been trained and certified to perform:
- Drives fire apparatus in a safe and efficient manner to emergency and other non-emergency locations.
- Operates the fire apparatus in a safe and efficient manner including but not limited to the pump, the generator, and hydraulic ladders.
- Responds promptly and efficiently to fire, rescue, hazardous materials, and medical alarms both on and off duty.
- Uses the apparatus, hoses, ladders, fire suppression tools, rescue tools, and medical equipment to mitigate the incident efficiently when on the scene.
- Responsible to accept command during an emergency operation or any other position within the Incident Command System as directed.
- Conducts programs for groups of people and in schools, businesses, and nursing homes on topics pertaining to fire extinguishers, fire training, fire and life safety, and emergency management.
- Maintains fire hydrants on an annual basis.
- Tests hydrants by checking the static, residual, and flow pressure.
- Inspects hydrants.
- Fixes problems found during the inspection of the hydrant when possible or contacts the proper department for repairs.
- Maintains equipment on apparatus to include daily, monthly, and annual testing.
- Tests and rotates hose.
- Tests ladders annually.
- Performs tests on any equipment where warranted.
- Inspects fire apparatus on a daily basis.
- Cleans, washes, and waxes apparatus as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that the apparatus is repaired properly.
- Checks fuel and water levels in fire apparatus.
- Completes daily, monthly, and annual reports on the testing of fire and medical equipment based on the National Fire Protection Association standards and the North Carolina Office of EMS standards.
- Checks medical equipment and oxygen bottle.
- Checks Automatic Electronic Defibrillator to ensure that the battery is charged.
- Ensures that the fire building and lawn is ready for public inspection at all times.
- Vacuums and cleans building.
- Responsible for daily upkeep of building and the grounds.
- Maintains daily maintenance records and completes maintenance and equipment reports.
- Completes the required minimum of 72 hours per year of daily training on fire and medical procedures.
- Responsible for assisting in training new personnel.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to the Fire Captain.
- Employee has regular exposure to dangerous situations under adverse conditions including smoke, heights, fire, fumes, heat, cold, emergency driving, etc.
- Employee exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions, both hot and cold weather.
- Employee is frequently exposed to dangerous situations with medical emergencies.
- Must be able to work shifts that are up to 24 hours in length.
- Must be able to respond to call backs on days off to assist with emergency situations.
- Must be able to wear and work in fire department breathing apparatus and protective clothing.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and performing repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
JOB CONTEXT: This position works shifts on an as needed basis. Limited Service Firefighters are eligible to respond to calls for service when off duty and will be compensated at their normal rate of pay. Position works less than 1,040 hours per year. Weekends and evening work are required. Position is classified as a Limited Service Employee. The stress level of the job is moderate to high.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Three years full-time firefighting experience or its equivalent of combined training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of fire department policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of fire ground procedures including ICS, fire streams, forcible entry, fire behavior, water supplies, salvage, ventilation, and overhaul.
- Knowledge of emergency medical care procedures.
- Knowledge of command procedures.
- Knowledge of sprinkler systems.
- Knowledge of alarm and communication procedures.
- Skill in use of assigned equipment.
- Ability to meet and deal courteously and tactfully with the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, representatives of emergency agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to deal effectively with emergency situations.
Possession of valid North Carolina class B driver's license
North Carolina Firefighter Level II Certification
North Carolina EMT-B Certification
OSHA Mandated Blood Borne Pathogens Training
North Carolina Hazardous Materials Level I Operations Certification
ICS 100, 200; NIMS 700, 800 Incident Command Certificates
The Town of Knightdale is an equal opportunity employer.