carrierlist.co : Today's employment recruitment can be quite aggressive, that is certainly why should you work sensibly which is an excellent tough thing to do. carrierlist.co will give you probability to get it done so you would be able to make the suitable conclusion in greater technique to get quick as well as much better effect. That way you will get much better potential customer along with more secure live down the road. University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is just about the corporations that one could confidence to present you and your family suited along with greater reside later on. Joining the corporation will make a person able to get to your own purpose much easier and produce ones dream become a.
To help to make the corporation vision along with vision comes true; University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is usually wide open intended for brand new situation while Position as Psychologist-44 Weeks Companies University of Massachusetts Dartmouth in North Dartmouth, MA 02747 in January 2018 inside North Dartmouth, MA 02747 begin with January 2018. Everyone who's interested in stuffing that empty, make sure you participate in this specific Position as Psychologist-44 Weeks Companies University of Massachusetts Dartmouth in North Dartmouth, MA 02747 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside North Dartmouth, MA 02747. It truly is recommended for everyone contributors to prepare most needed needs just for this career recruitment course of action, for the reason that method need that you offer suitable standards which the business wishes just for this situation. If you're that you're this could fill this standards, you can test you just read more info about Position as Psychologist-44 Weeks Companies University of Massachusetts Dartmouth in North Dartmouth, MA 02747 in January 2018 January 2018 in North Dartmouth, MA 02747 below..
Psychologist-44 WeeksCompany University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
Location North Dartmouth, MA 02747
Update 5 Day ago
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION : Provide group and individual counseling and psychotherapy to students. Provide psychoeducational workshops, presentations and training programs. Supervise, trains and evaluate interns. Consult with faculty, staff, administrators, parents, and outside medical and mental health professionals. Provide crisis intervention.
Follow the University's best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide developmental, personal, vocational and educational counseling or short-term psychotherapy as required.
- Facilitate support and personal growth groups.
- Initiate and implement effective outreach programs, presentation and workshops to meet special interests and developmental needs of students.
- Assist with selection, training, supervision, back-up coverage and evaluation of doctoral and masters-level interns.
- Serve as a professional consultant to students' parents, outside agencies and hospitals, and to students' other health care providers.
- Serve as a professional consultant to faculty, administrators, staff and student groups on matters related to students' well being or the design and implementation of strategies for making the campus environment conducive to interpersonal learning and personal growth.
- Administer and interpret an array of psychological tests. Assess study skills and learning disabilities of individual students.
- Serve as referral resource to community mental health and social services providers for faculty, staff and students.
- Consult and assist in various skill training programs for counseling center interns, residence hall advisors, orientation leaders, and other university employees.
- Cover assigned daily walk-in periods, intake appointments and crisis intervention as assigned.
- Contribute to staff in-service training.
- Assume administrative duties as required by the Director.
- Serve on university committees and work groups as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION : Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology
EXPERIENCE : Demonstrated (over 3 years) clinical experience including 1 academic year in a college or university counseling center.
OTHER : Licensed in Massachusetts as a psychologist. (Licensure as psychologist in another state considered acceptable at time of hire. Massachusetts license must be obtained within 6 months.) Available for weekend/evening hours as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of clinical and counseling psychology as applied to the developmental needs and issues in a university setting.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of psychological testing.
- Thorough knowledge of mental illness and diagnostic categories. Familiarity with medications used to treat depression, anxiety and attention deficit disorder.
- Thorough knowledge of the developmental issues of 17 to 25-year-olds.
- Ability to instruct others in psychological theory and technique. Ability to instruct others in an array of self-management skills
- Ability to adhere to professional ethical code of conduct. Ability to utilize clinical supervision and consultation appropriately. Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with other offices and outside agencies.
- Knowledge of developmental theories and personal and group psychotherapy
- Ability to provide accurate diagnostic evaluations and appropriate psychiatric referrals
- Current knowledge of psychotropic medications and psychological, cognitive and vocational testing
- Crisis intervention skills
- Sufficient knowledge and experience to supervise doctoral level interns
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE : Psychologist (44 week position)
DIVISION: Student Affairs
BARGAINING UNIT: ESU, Cat. 15
DEPARTMENT : Counseling Center
FLSA STATUS : EXEMPT
EEO STATUS : 3.9
JOB CODE : 167
REPORTS TO : Director of Counseling
SUPERVISES : Interns
MINIMUM STARTING -SALARY WILL BE PRO-RATED DUE TO 44 WEEK SCHEDULE
SALARY : http://www.umassd.edu/hr/policiesandlaws/unioncontracts/
**TIME OFF BETWEEN JUNE AND AUGUST**
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline for INTERNAL applicants is June 8, 2017.
The review of applications will begin June 9, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.