carrierlist.co - Today's career recruitment is quite aggressive, that may be why should you function wisely and it is an excellent difficult action to take. carrierlist.co will provide you with probability to practice it therefore you would be able to make the best choice inside greater technique to obtain speedy and also greater result. Because of this you will get far better possibility as well as safer live in the future. University of Arizona is probably the businesses you can confidence to provide your household suitable along with much better stay down the road. Becoming a member of this provider will make anyone able to attain ones goal less complicated along with make ones dream becoming reality.
To help to make this company eyesight as well as vision comes true; University of Arizona is usually open up regarding brand-new placement because Position as Library Information Associate (Multiple Positions) Companies University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ in January 2018 throughout Tucson, AZ begin as January 2018. Everybody who's considering filling that nonincome producing, you need to attend this kind of Position as Library Information Associate (Multiple Positions) Companies University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Tucson, AZ. It can be advised for everyone members to prepare all necessary demands just for this task recruitment procedure, because practice need that you provide suited spec that this corporation would like just for this situation. If you believe that you'll be this can easily complete the particular specs, you can search to see more information about Position as Library Information Associate (Multiple Positions) Companies University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ in January 2018 January 2018 in Tucson, AZ below..
Library Information Associate (Multiple Positions)Company University of Arizona
Location Tucson, AZ
Update 7 Day ago
The incumbent in this position assists customers with basic research needs, providing information, reference, technology assistance and interlibrary loan support that facilitates customer access to the collections of the University of Arizona Libraries.
The LIA also coordinates the work of student employees, including after-hours training and supervision. The LIA provides excellent customer service while also serving on both departmental and library-wide projects and assignments. As needed, the LIA performs all work necessary to meet the changing needs of the Libraries’ customers. As a result of those needs, work patterns and schedules often change.
Access & Information Services ( AIS )
AIS provides seamless access to technology, information and reference services independent of time, location and format. AIS facilitates the use of the physical and digital collections at the University of Arizona Libraries, while maintaining a safe, disruption free learning environment and actively pursuing and implementing new services to meet the needs of our core customers.
Visit the visit University Libraries website to learn more about us.
Because we seek a workforce with diverse perspectives and experiences, we encourage applications from individuals with demonstrated knowledge of and relevant abilities working with culturally diverse communities. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs.
The University of Arizona is an equal opportunity employer providing equal opportunity for women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ ASU / NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
As a nationally recognized leader, the University of Arizona strives to look forward. Listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States, the University provides strategic programs to enhance the lifecycles of a multigenerational workforce.
This award-winning portfolio includes consecutive Seal of Distinction awards for its exemplary Work-Life practices from WorldatWork, along with the 2017 Gold Healthy Arizona Worksite award, presented by the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health. For more information about the collaborative culture and innovative service offerings at the University of Arizona, visit Why UA? .
Duties & Responsibilities
Customer Service and Library-wide and Department Leadership Participation:
- Provides customers with reference, technology and circulation assistance (in-person and online via chat, SMS and email), including locating library information, resources, materials and services; negotiating overdue accounts and answering billing and collections questions; and troubleshooting software, computers, laptops (including reimaging laptops), projectors and other emerging technology. Provides leadership including solving problems and making non-routine decisions using sound judgment, following through to solve public desk issues, and coordinating the work of and supervising student employees.
- Ensures safety of library customers and employees and security of library materials through application of library and University policies and procedures. Acts as a liaison with University Police Department (in regards to reporting criminal activity or emergency situations), Campus and Library Facilities (in regards to building problems), Library Systems (in regards to library equipment problems), and as needed Risk Management (in regards to reporting incidents) during evening and weekend hours. As needed, responsible for opening/closing and securing various UA Libraries.
- Utilizing multiple complex systems, responsible for accurately searching incoming Interlibrary Loan requests during scheduled and unscheduled shifts, facilitating customer access to materials owned and not owned by the University of Arizona Libraries.
- As needed, facilitates meetings, makes presentations, participates in decision making and completes assignments, including shared responsibility for data collection, needs assessment and analysis to demonstrate quality of work and to continually improve customer access while creating, maintaining and updating documentation of work processes. This includes the ability to think holistically and respond to user needs by carefully analyzing information in support of continual service improvement. Works collaboratively with other individuals and departments both virtually and in-person to support the organization’s goal of improving the overall “user experience.”
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and inclusive environment, one that values and leverages the benefits of diverse perspectives
- Positive attitude and strong demonstration of Our Values: Collaboration, Continuous Learning, Diversity, Innovation, and Integrity.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision, demonstrating organizational skills, initiative, use of good judgment and solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including the ability to work with diverse people and serve a diverse population, as well as taking a proactive approach to meeting customer need, coordinating with peers in order to effectively meet customer need, and initiating effective interventions that result in customer satisfaction.
- Ability to deal with difficult customer interactions and work with outside departments to follow university policies and procedures in reporting building incidents and criminal activity.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal skills in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced/multi-tasking environment, responding positively to unanticipated changes while exhibiting follow through and flexibility. This involves the ability to work proactively and constructively to identify, define and solve problems with customers and colleagues within and outside the department.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills as the work environment and customer needs change.
- Skill in interviewing customers regarding reference service and sources to better understand customer need.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree AND two years related library experience; OR six years related library experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- Broad understanding of various types of reference sources (e.g., library catalog, indexes, web-scale discovery services, search engines, virtual and print resources) and their appropriate use, including understanding the differences between primary and secondary resources.
- Experience providing reference assistance and knowledge of and skill in usage of various research methodologies.
- Demonstrated use of Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite (current version) and knowledge of specialized software (e.g., AutoCAD, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud Products, N6 or SPSS ).
- Familiarity with library technology, including demonstrated skills in troubleshooting hardware, software and equipment, and ability to acquire new technology skills (e.g., Virtual Reality, 3D or other makerspace technology).
- Skill in managing a service, including organizing, training and supervising the work of others and experience in coaching and mentoring.
- Skill in facilitating meetings and delivering presentations.
- Experience utilizing integrated Library and Course Management Systems including record interpretation (e.g., Innovative Interfaces, Ex Libris and Desire2Learn).
- Previous experience and working knowledge of issues pertaining to circulation and specialized library areas such as Fine Arts, Music, Science-Engineering, Health Sciences, Special Collections and Archives.
- Process Improvement, Cost and Systems Analysis, and Project Management skills and experience.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
Full Time/Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Administrative and Professional
Yes - Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay
$30,248 - $36,618
Type of criminal background check required:
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)