carrierlist.co - Today's career recruitment is quite aggressive, that may be why should you function wisely and it is an excellent difficult action to take. carrierlist.co will provide you with probability to practice it therefore you would be able to make the best choice inside greater technique to obtain speedy and also greater result. Because of this you will get far better possibility as well as safer live in the future. State of North Carolina is probably the businesses you can confidence to provide your household suitable along with much better stay down the road. Becoming a member of this provider will make anyone able to attain ones goal less complicated along with make ones dream becoming reality.
To help to make this company eyesight as well as vision comes true; State of North Carolina is usually open up regarding brand-new placement because Position as Management Analyst Companies State of North Carolina in Wake County, NC in January 2018 throughout Wake County, NC begin as January 2018. Everybody who's considering filling that nonincome producing, you need to attend this kind of Position as Management Analyst Companies State of North Carolina in Wake County, NC in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Wake County, NC. It can be advised for everyone members to prepare all necessary demands just for this task recruitment procedure, because practice need that you provide suited spec that this corporation would like just for this situation. If you believe that you'll be this can easily complete the particular specs, you can search to see more information about Position as Management Analyst Companies State of North Carolina in Wake County, NC in January 2018 January 2018 in Wake County, NC below..
Management AnalystCompany State of North Carolina
Location Wake County, NC
Update 8 Day ago
Recruitment Range: $46,338 - $63,354
The North Carolina Office of State Budget and Management is the primary fiscal advisor to the Governor. The Office works with senior officials across State government in developing, negotiating and implementing the State budget, and to ensure proper management of state resources. Work at the Office of State Budget and Management is high-impact public service, with staff providing strategic and financial analysis in education, health care, criminal justice, economic development, mental health, environmental regulation, transportation, human services, energy and other public policy areas.
We are located in Raleigh, North Carolina, routinely ranked as one of the top places to live and work in the country.
The Management section analyzes statewide programs and functions to identify opportunities for management improvements and efficiencies. Analysts serve as consultants that conduct functional, operational, and organizational reviews, develop recommendations for improvement, and assist in planning and implementing recommendations. Management of ongoing studies and implementations is critical to ensure successful results. This position will:
- Assist with implementing an evidence-based, benefit-cost analysis framework for informing budget and program decision-making.
- Work independently or with a team to conduct in-depth reviews and provide objective analyses of ways to improve state government organization and operations, based on knowledge of agencies, emerging issues, or trends in other states.
- Identify potential opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness reforms and assist management in prioritizing opportunities to be studied.
- Research trending practices and resulting outcomes in other states and private industry.
- Lead or assist with research and analysis on identified reform opportunities and develop business cases on recommended initiatives and work with budget sections on development of budget and/or legislative proposals for recommended initiatives.
- Determine measures of success for initiatives and conduct periodic follow-up on implementation and results of recommendations.
- Lead or assist with completion of statutorily directed studies and reports assigned to the section.
- Oversee agency compliance with state rules and policies for monitoring and oversight of financial assistance awards to non-governmental entities.
- Maintain Suspension of Funding List for non-compliant grantees and assist agencies with issues related to rules for suspension of funding.
- Identify and lead implementation of initiatives to improve access and use of state data and information both internally and externally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration and state government budgeting, accounting, and operations in North Carolina.
- Strong analytical skills involving program and financial analysis and evaluation and business case development.
- Knowledge of performance management and benefit-cost analysis principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the political structure of North Carolina.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures in State government.
- Ability to develop, organize and effectively communicate material of a complex nature in an understandable and informative style.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely and convert complex information into an understandable and informative format.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of associates, public officials and the general public.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Graduation from a four-year college or university in the fields of public policy, public administration, business administration, economics, accounting, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities gained through at least four (4) years of experience in budget or management analysis. We are looking for candidates with program knowledge and experience in the following areas: education, health and human services, natural and economic resources, justice and public safety, transportation, capital, and general government, and information technology.
Preferences: Master's degree in the disciplines of public administration, public policy analysis, planning, business, or economics. Governmental experience involving the executive and legislative budget processes.
This position is in a career band and is posted at the Journey level of the band. For purposes of state employee promotional priority, this position will be treated as the equivalent of the Salary Grade 76. Contributing level candidates may be considered based on the applicant pool and will be considered at the Salary Grade 74 equivalency. Salary will be determined commensurate with competencies, budgetary constraints, and internal equity.