carrierlist.co - Today's career recruitment can be quite competitive, that is certainly why should you work wisely and it's not just a challenging action to take. carrierlist.co will give you probability to practice it therefore you could create the correct decision with much better technique to find rapid and also greater outcome. Because of this you'll get far better potential customer and more secure stay later on. The City of Everett is just about the companies you could trust to present your family appropriate as well as much better live later on. Subscribing to this business is likely to make people able to attain your own objective easier and help to make your current fantasy be realized.
To help to make this company eyesight along with assignment arrives legitimate, The City of Everett will be available pertaining to completely new situation because Position as Animal Shelter Assistant Day Laborer Companies The City of Everett in Everett, WA in January 2018 in Everett, WA begin from January 2018. Everyone who's keen on stuffing this specific empty, make sure you be involved in this particular Position as Animal Shelter Assistant Day Laborer Companies The City of Everett in Everett, WA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Everett, WA. It's encouraged for all players to organize just about all required specifications for this career recruitment treatment, as the method requires one to offer ideal standards the corporation desires because of this situation. If you're that you'll be the one which could complete the actual spec, you can search to learn further information about Position as Animal Shelter Assistant Day Laborer Companies The City of Everett in Everett, WA in January 2018 January 2018 in Everett, WA below..
Animal Shelter Assistant Day LaborerCompany The City of Everett
Location Everett, WA
Update 5 Day ago
NATURE OF WORK
This is general shelter support work that involves handling and caring for animals brought to the City Animal Shelter. The work will also involve the cleaning and routine maintenance of the shelter, including the kennel areas; feeding and caring for animals, disposal of animal carcasses; maintenance of records; and assisting visitors to the shelter. Additionally, this position will perform receptionist and responsible clerical and office support work requiring a basic knowledge of, and experience with, office operations, procedures, practices, systems, and equipment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Feed, care for, and medicate (as directed by the shelter veterinarian and allowed by law) impounded animals, isolated animals, and sick or unruly and aggressive animals as required.
- Move animals among various areas within shelter facilities as required in a safe, effective, and humane manner.
- Operate shelter vehicles to deliver/transport/transfer animals or complete other errands as required.
- Provide customer service in person and by telephone, providing information relating such as explaining steps to be taken, necessary documentation, forms required, rates, fees, or other costs.
- Maintains simple accounting documents, financial and statistical records where no technical accounting knowledge is needed and following well-established procedures.
- Receive and receipt payments in the form of cash/check or credit card for automated data entry or further clerical processing.
- Processes materials such as forms, applications, records, or documents where specific procedural requirements must be met and a good understanding of applicable guidelines is necessary.
- Operate standard office machines and equipment including computer terminals with data entry, word processing and spreadsheet capabilities.
- Type documents from various sources to final form; proofread to insure correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and capitalization.
- Process and distribute incoming and outgoing mail according to established procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Dog and cat breeds, and basic animal behavior.
- The proper care and treatment of animals.
- General office practices and procedures.
- English grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, formats and clerical procedures needed to type and proofread a variety of materials from written sources.
- Determine the sex of animals.
- Recognize signs of illness and injury in animals, and effectively communicate this information to medical staff if needed.
- Administer vaccinations, oral, and nasal medications.
- Ability to assist with euthanasia
- Operate and care for various types of animal shelter equipment.
- Safely and humanely handle animals at all times.
- Assist Veterinarian or Veterinary Technician when handling animals during exams, treatments, and other medical procedures.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions and to apply available guidelines to recurring operational requirements.
- Proficiently operate computers and other office equipment standard to area of assignment and to adapt to new and/or modified equipment and software programs that may be acquired.
- Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with supervisors, other employees and the general public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Lift and handle objects and animals weighing up to sixty (60) pounds; ability to restrain and handle animals up to 100 pounds. Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, bend, reach, hold, grasp, and turn objects; feel the size, shape, and temperature of items; and operate computers, copy machines, and fax machines.
- Handle unruly, aggressive, and otherwise dangerous animals safely and humanely.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays and to respond to off-hour call outs.
Application materials may be accessed via http://www.everettwa.gov/careers. Completed applications must be submitted through the City's online application system to be considered.
Position opens: August 31, 2017
Position closes: Open Until Filled
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of work, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential responsibility of each employee and the ability to work regularly is a requirement for continued employment.