carrierlist.co -- Today's career recruitment is extremely aggressive, that is for you to operate smartly and it is not a challenging activity. carrierlist.co provides you with opportunity to take action therefore you can produce the proper choice with better strategy to find quick and superior effect. Like that you'll get greater probability in addition to less dangerous live down the road. City of Surprise, AZ is probably the firms that one could rely on to present your self suitable and also greater are living later on. Becoming a member of the corporation can make a person in a position to achieve your current target simpler and also help to make your own aspiration become a.
To make the business imaginative and prescient vision in addition to vision will come genuine; City of Surprise, AZ is actually available with regard to new position seeing that Position as ASSOCIATE CIVIL ENGINEER Companies City of Surprise, AZ in Surprise, AZ 85374 in January 2018 with Surprise, AZ 85374 begin with January 2018. Every person who\'s enthusiastic about filling this specific vacant, remember to participate in that Position as ASSOCIATE CIVIL ENGINEER Companies City of Surprise, AZ in Surprise, AZ 85374 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment within Surprise, AZ 85374. It can be suggested for those players to organize just about all required demands for this work recruitment procedure, because the course of action will require one to allow suited specs how the corporation needs due to this location. If you are you are this can easily fill the actual spec, you can try to see more information about Position as ASSOCIATE CIVIL ENGINEER Companies City of Surprise, AZ in Surprise, AZ 85374 in January 2018 January 2018 in Surprise, AZ 85374 below..
ASSOCIATE CIVIL ENGINEERCompany City of Surprise, AZ
Location Surprise, AZ 85374
Update 4 Day ago
The hiring salary range is $58,448.00 - $73,070.40 annually
Job Title: CIVIL ENGINEER - ASSOCIATE
Department: Public Works
Reports To: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full-time; Classified
Pay Grade: 112
Incumbents typically perform a variety of civil engineering tasks, including field review and periodic design review of civil improvement projects. Duties also include research and maintenance of engineering information and design work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed.
- Reviews all phases of civil and traffic engineering plans and enforces City codes and standards on engineering projects, which includes determining if plans are in compliance with applicable codes, standards, designs, and practices; and reviews proposed master plans, commercial site plans, preliminary and final plats, residential developments, and/or other related plans from developers
- Performs and reviews traffic impact studies for proposed projects prior to site plan approval
- Designs and prepares plans, reports, specifications, and cost estimates for projects, including storm drains, paving, traffic interchanges, and other street improvements and related projects
- Provides customer service on major sensitive traffic or construction problems, and responds to questions and complaints related to traffic, drainage, construction, and other related issues
- Receives, reviews, and/or investigates requests for information from other departments and the general public
- Provides contractors and the general public with technical information related to the Engineering Division
- Prepares and maintains engineering files, records, reports, and audit materials
- Attends a variety of meetings related to applications and/or departmental activities
- Performs site inspections to determine drainage, roadway alignment, environmental concerns, and/or other related issues that impact development efforts; and provides engineering support for construction work in progress, including field investigations to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications, and standards
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Civil and traffic engineering principles
- Constructions materials, principles, and practices
- Project management principles
- Advanced mathematical principles
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, codes, guidelines, rules, and regulations
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Using a computer and related software applications
- Interpret applicable laws
- Manage assigned engineering projects
- Perform complex mathematical calculations
- Write technically
- Organize, evaluate, and comprehend technical data
- Analyze problems and make appropriate recommendations
- Analyze construction-related drawings
- Develop engineering specifications
- Interpret and analyze construction plans
- Analyze and solve difficult problems
- Perform detailed work under changing, intensive deadlines, on multiple concurrent tasks
- Work with interruptions
- Interact with officials, outside engineers, contractors, and the public
- Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc., to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field, and two years of related civil and/or traffic engineering experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is exposed to office and the field environment and may be exposed to loud noise, noxious odors, unsanitary conditions, chemicals, electricity, moving mechanical parts, varying weather conditions, and other related conditions and situations. Work is sometimes performed under hazardous conditions, such as within road intersections and in traffic or close to heavy equipment that is moving fast or operating under dusty, poor visibility conditions.