carrierlist.co : Today's employment recruitment can be quite aggressive, that is certainly why should you work sensibly which is an excellent tough thing to do. carrierlist.co will give you probability to get it done so you would be able to make the suitable conclusion in greater technique to get quick as well as much better effect. That way you will get much better potential customer along with more secure live down the road. United Way of King County is just about the corporations that one could confidence to present you and your family suited along with greater reside later on. Joining the corporation will make a person able to get to your own purpose much easier and produce ones dream become a.
To help to make the corporation vision along with vision comes true; United Way of King County is usually wide open intended for brand new situation while Position as AmeriCorps Can Equitably Support Students Regardless of Legal Status Companies United Way of King County in Seattle, WA 98104 in January 2018 inside Seattle, WA 98104 begin with January 2018. Everyone who's interested in stuffing that empty, make sure you participate in this specific Position as AmeriCorps Can Equitably Support Students Regardless of Legal Status Companies United Way of King County in Seattle, WA 98104 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Seattle, WA 98104. It truly is recommended for everyone contributors to prepare most needed needs just for this career recruitment course of action, for the reason that method need that you offer suitable standards which the business wishes just for this situation. If you're that you're this could fill this standards, you can test you just read more info about Position as AmeriCorps Can Equitably Support Students Regardless of Legal Status Companies United Way of King County in Seattle, WA 98104 in January 2018 January 2018 in Seattle, WA 98104 below..
AmeriCorps Can Equitably Support Students Regardless of Legal StatusCompany United Way of King County
Location Seattle, WA 98104
Update 5 Day ago
Everyone deserves fair and equal access to an education! We know that with threats to DACA, difficulty accessing food, the burdens of debt, and trying to make ends meet while receiving an education, community college students have a long road ahead of them. Help students in your community get by, get ahead, and stay ahead while pursuing their education!
APPLY TODAY at http://bit.ly/2tTBzZl- priority deadline is September 8th!
The Program and the Impact:
United Way believes that helping low-income families weather financial shocks is key to reducing homelessness and poverty. As an AmeriCorps, you will deliver interventions that help low-income people improve their housing and financial stability. Through trainings, you will learn to assist low-income families to get by (emergency financial assistance and income supports), get ahead (build savings), and stay ahead (improve credit and build assets).
In the second year, the team will provide interventions to 10,000 low-income people; help 3,000 economically disadvantaged individuals improve financial knowledge; and transition 1,500 people experiencing homelessness to housing. As part of a larger AmeriCorps network, this team will accelerate the impact of United Way’s work to lift 50,000 people out of poverty and reduce the unsheltered population by 50%.
Ready & Resilient: Increasing the number of low-income students who complete certificate, degree, and apprenticeship programs is a proven strategy for moving people out of poverty. On a community college campus, you will serve as resource experts to assist students in navigating complicated systems to access benefits and income supports. You will directly respond to the needs of students and influence systems change by launching college food pantries, free legal clinics, financial literacy workshops, and financial aid campaigns. A key part of your service will include establishing facilitated self-assistance labs on campus where students can come for FAFSA and tax prep assistance.
Your Role and What You Will Learn:
As an AmeriCorps, you will be placed with Ready & Resilient on a community college campus. All members will also serve at one or more free tax prep locations. While the day-to-day experience of each site varies, all members will:
- Promote savings for low-income individuals
- Become an expert in emergency financial assistance and income supports
- Support the growth of the United Way Free Tax Campaign by becoming a certified volunteer tax preparer
- Provide financial coaching to low-income people to achieve personal financial goals
- Identify barriers to success and develop creative solutions for people experiencing financial shock or crisis
- Develop strong working relationships between key partners in our community
Through your term of service, you will become an expert on the priority areas of Ending Homelessness and Financial Stability. United Way will also provide professional development trainings on leadership, safety, public speaking, and other valuable topics. As a part of the broader financial stability team, you will be connected to learn alongside 40+ other UWKC AmeriCorps members fighting poverty in our community.
Your Team: The Ready & Resilient and Streets to Home teams will be a powerful force of 23 members and 2 AmeriCorps leaders. You will also be supported by the internal team at United Way, providing you with guidance, tools, and resources that you will need to succeed. Members are deployed to service sites throughout the county where you will serve independently or in partnership with another member of your team, in addition to staff at the service site. The network of United Way AmeriCorps comes back together for monthly meetings to provide support and share best practices.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Passionate social justice advocate
- Driven to end poverty in our region
- Cultural humility and experience working with diverse populations
- Interest in learning new skills and implement knowledge in educating others
- Flexibility! Managing multiple tasks of competing priorities, doing what it takes to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic team player and critical thinker
- Eager to take initiative and step into a leadership role
- Comprehensive understanding of systemic causes of poverty and racial inequities
- Second language skill is highly desirable
- Experience in a community college setting a plus
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a US citizen, national or legal permanent resident alien of the US
- Must be available 40 hours a week for 5 days a week starting September 18, 2017 through July 31, 2018
- Must go through a WA State Patrol background check, FBI Background check and National Sex Offender Registry Check, plus state of residence background check if not living in WA currently
- F1 VISAS are not sufficient
Benefits to joining the team:
- Monthly living stipend of $1,202 (pretax) as well as loan deferment on qualified student loans during your service
- Payment of interest on qualified student loans that are accrued during service term
- Health benefits that meet minimum standards of ACA compliance
- ORCA card (metro transportation)
- Eligible for a $5,800 Education Award upon successful completion of service
- 8 days of sick leave, 8 days of personal leave
- Opportunity to be a part of a an innovative, high-impact program
- Working across teams of various community organizations
- Gain valuable personal and professional development experience
- In-service trainings combined with other AmeriCorps teams
*People of color encouraged to apply.
*The application process moves quickly, please expect a phone call within 24 hours of receiving your application.
To apply and for more information visit http://bit.ly/2tTBzZl
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1,202.00 /month