carrierlist.co -- Today's career recruitment is extremely aggressive, that is for you to operate smartly and it is not a challenging activity. carrierlist.co provides you with opportunity to take action therefore you can produce the proper choice with better strategy to find quick and superior effect. Like that you'll get greater probability in addition to less dangerous live down the road. United Way of King County is probably the firms that one could rely on to present your self suitable and also greater are living later on. Becoming a member of the corporation can make a person in a position to achieve your current target simpler and also help to make your own aspiration become a.
To make the business imaginative and prescient vision in addition to vision will come genuine; United Way of King County is actually available with regard to new position seeing that Position as AmeriCorps Can Equitably Support Students Regardless of Legal Status Companies United Way of King County in Seattle, WA 98104 in January 2018 with Seattle, WA 98104 begin with January 2018. Every person who\'s enthusiastic about filling this specific vacant, remember to participate in that Position as AmeriCorps Can Equitably Support Students Regardless of Legal Status Companies United Way of King County in Seattle, WA 98104 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment within Seattle, WA 98104. It can be suggested for those players to organize just about all required demands for this work recruitment procedure, because the course of action will require one to allow suited specs how the corporation needs due to this location. If you are you are this can easily fill the actual spec, you can try to see more information about Position as AmeriCorps Can Equitably Support Students Regardless of Legal Status Companies United Way of King County in Seattle, WA 98104 in January 2018 January 2018 in Seattle, WA 98104 below..
AmeriCorps Can Equitably Support Students Regardless of Legal StatusCompany United Way of King County
Location Seattle, WA 98104
Update 8 Day ago
Everyone deserves fair and equal access to an education! We know that with threats to DACA, difficulty accessing food, the burdens of debt, and trying to make ends meet while receiving an education, community college students have a long road ahead of them. Help students in your community get by, get ahead, and stay ahead while pursuing their education!
APPLY TODAY at http://bit.ly/2tTBzZl- priority deadline is September 8th!
The Program and the Impact:
United Way believes that helping low-income families weather financial shocks is key to reducing homelessness and poverty. As an AmeriCorps, you will deliver interventions that help low-income people improve their housing and financial stability. Through trainings, you will learn to assist low-income families to get by (emergency financial assistance and income supports), get ahead (build savings), and stay ahead (improve credit and build assets).
In the second year, the team will provide interventions to 10,000 low-income people; help 3,000 economically disadvantaged individuals improve financial knowledge; and transition 1,500 people experiencing homelessness to housing. As part of a larger AmeriCorps network, this team will accelerate the impact of United Way’s work to lift 50,000 people out of poverty and reduce the unsheltered population by 50%.
Ready & Resilient: Increasing the number of low-income students who complete certificate, degree, and apprenticeship programs is a proven strategy for moving people out of poverty. On a community college campus, you will serve as resource experts to assist students in navigating complicated systems to access benefits and income supports. You will directly respond to the needs of students and influence systems change by launching college food pantries, free legal clinics, financial literacy workshops, and financial aid campaigns. A key part of your service will include establishing facilitated self-assistance labs on campus where students can come for FAFSA and tax prep assistance.
Your Role and What You Will Learn:
As an AmeriCorps, you will be placed with Ready & Resilient on a community college campus. All members will also serve at one or more free tax prep locations. While the day-to-day experience of each site varies, all members will:
- Promote savings for low-income individuals
- Become an expert in emergency financial assistance and income supports
- Support the growth of the United Way Free Tax Campaign by becoming a certified volunteer tax preparer
- Provide financial coaching to low-income people to achieve personal financial goals
- Identify barriers to success and develop creative solutions for people experiencing financial shock or crisis
- Develop strong working relationships between key partners in our community
Through your term of service, you will become an expert on the priority areas of Ending Homelessness and Financial Stability. United Way will also provide professional development trainings on leadership, safety, public speaking, and other valuable topics. As a part of the broader financial stability team, you will be connected to learn alongside 40+ other UWKC AmeriCorps members fighting poverty in our community.
Your Team: The Ready & Resilient and Streets to Home teams will be a powerful force of 23 members and 2 AmeriCorps leaders. You will also be supported by the internal team at United Way, providing you with guidance, tools, and resources that you will need to succeed. Members are deployed to service sites throughout the county where you will serve independently or in partnership with another member of your team, in addition to staff at the service site. The network of United Way AmeriCorps comes back together for monthly meetings to provide support and share best practices.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Passionate social justice advocate
- Driven to end poverty in our region
- Cultural humility and experience working with diverse populations
- Interest in learning new skills and implement knowledge in educating others
- Flexibility! Managing multiple tasks of competing priorities, doing what it takes to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic team player and critical thinker
- Eager to take initiative and step into a leadership role
- Comprehensive understanding of systemic causes of poverty and racial inequities
- Second language skill is highly desirable
- Experience in a community college setting a plus
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a US citizen, national or legal permanent resident alien of the US
- Must be available 40 hours a week for 5 days a week starting September 18, 2017 through July 31, 2018
- Must go through a WA State Patrol background check, FBI Background check and National Sex Offender Registry Check, plus state of residence background check if not living in WA currently
- F1 VISAS are not sufficient
Benefits to joining the team:
- Monthly living stipend of $1,202 (pretax) as well as loan deferment on qualified student loans during your service
- Payment of interest on qualified student loans that are accrued during service term
- Health benefits that meet minimum standards of ACA compliance
- ORCA card (metro transportation)
- Eligible for a $5,800 Education Award upon successful completion of service
- 8 days of sick leave, 8 days of personal leave
- Opportunity to be a part of a an innovative, high-impact program
- Working across teams of various community organizations
- Gain valuable personal and professional development experience
- In-service trainings combined with other AmeriCorps teams
*People of color encouraged to apply.
*The application process moves quickly, please expect a phone call within 24 hours of receiving your application.
To apply and for more information visit http://bit.ly/2tTBzZl
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1,202.00 /month