carrierlist.co - Today's work recruitment is extremely competitive, that is certainly for you to function sensibly and it is not a tricky thing to do. carrierlist.co provides you with possiblity to practice it so that you could help to make the proper determination within far better strategy to receive speedy in addition to greater end result. Doing this you'll receive greater prospect in addition to better reside later on. Rutgers University is probably the businesses that you can trust to present family and friends suitable in addition to far better reside later on. Getting started with this provider will always make anyone capable of accomplish the target less complicated as well as help to make your own aspiration become a reality.
To produce this company vision along with vision will come legitimate; Rutgers University is open up intended for new location since Position as Program Assistant Companies Rutgers University in Newark, NJ in January 2018 with Newark, NJ begin from January 2018. All people who's keen on filling up this kind of vacant, remember to attend this Position as Program Assistant Companies Rutgers University in Newark, NJ in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Newark, NJ. It can be advised for everyone players to arrange most needed specifications just for this work recruitment course of action, because practice will be needing that you provide suitable spec that the corporation wishes because of this situation. If you think that you're the one that can certainly fill your standards, you can look at to see further information about Position as Program Assistant Companies Rutgers University in Newark, NJ in January 2018 January 2018 in Newark, NJ below..
Program AssistantCompany Rutgers University
Location Newark, NJ
Update 8 Day ago
Staff & Executive - Healthcare - Administrative Services
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences ( RBHS ) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating universitywide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers.
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state—at Rutgers University–New Brunswick, including Piscataway; and at locations in Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Stratford, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, Newark’s University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Program Assistant for the Department of Anesthesia/Pain Management at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Provides billing and related administrative program support for the physicians and the patients who receive Acute and Chronic Pain Management Services in hospital outpatient and doctors’ office facilities. Via Electronic Medical Record ( EMR ), faxes and emails, manages incoming request for third party carrier prior authorization from the Group for testing, procedures, medications and DME . Comprehensive documentation and relaying resolution of prior authorization request to the departments, providers (University Radiology Group, RWJUH , community radiology providers, and pharmaceutical providers) and patients, as appropriate.
• Executes assignments and tasks requiring data collection, information gathering, analysis, data entry/retrieval, database maintenance, and forms utilizing EMR (Centricity), IDX , PATCOM ( RWJUH ) and a variety of software packages, including MS office.
• Screens calls and provides information in accordance with organizational policy.
• Receives and appropriately handles incoming correspondence, makes appointments, schedules meetings for physicians and responds to inquiries from patients and physicians.
• Develops and implements controls for clinical procedures done in the operating room under the direction of the Director.
• Maintains essential records and assists in the maintenance of all activity files as they pertain to the Pain Fellowship and Acute Pain Service.
• Prepares and/or compiles data for special reports and analyses, monthly reports, program evaluations, and other related reports, including coding and charge entry of all outpatient procedures.
• Coordinates the departmental coverage calendar with the Pain Management nurses and physicians.
• Arranges schedule for operating room as it pertains to outpatient procedures including all patient and primary care physician contact and insurance precertification.
• Serves as principal liaison between the department and other administrative units, medical and surgery departments, including but not limited to various hospital departments (Finance, operating room scheduling, Admissions).
• Troubleshoots and responds to patient inquiries and concerns regarding their clinic procedures and same day surgery procedures.
• Contacts and corresponds with patients, books procedures, obtains precertification and maintains up to date ongoing status on every procedure ordered by pain attending.
• Retrieves clinical information from patient’s EMR charts to be used for insurance pre-certification/verification and confirmation.
• Provides work direction to billing technician and/or performs the monitoring of the charges for in-house Acute Pain.
• Assists the billing department in obtaining documentation for insurance authorization concerning patient procedures performed by the faculty.
• Reviews requests for compliance, accuracy and completion, and initiates request using online websites, portals and telephone in a time sensitive manner.
• Provides appeal or peer-to-peer contact information when necessary.
• Provides physician or designee detailed instruction from the carrier on appeal of denied prior authorization for services.
• Responsible for timely re-work of pending requests for approval and/or providing any required additional information from EMR in order to obtain an approval.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours Per Week
Daily Work Shift
Annual Minimum Salary
Annual Mid Range Salary
Annual Maximum Salary
HPAE, Local 5094
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment
Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Public or Business Administration or a related field, plus one year of professional and administrative experience in a clinical, patient care setting such as an academic clinical office or physician office dealing with physicians and patients.
• Equivalent education, experience and/or training may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have a working knowledge and proficiency with EMR , IDX billing and scheduling modules, knowledge of medical terminology, procedural and diagnosis coding.
• Three years of professional and administrative experience in a clinical, patient care setting such as an academic clinical office or physician office dealing with physicians and patients.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Physical Demands: Standing, sitting, walking, talking and hearing. No special vision requirements. Lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Work Environment: Office environment with moderate noise.
Posting Open Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus
Downtown New Brunswick