carrierlist.co -- Today's task recruitment is quite competitive, that is certainly why should you perform wisely and it's also not just a tough activity. carrierlist.co will provide you with chance to get it done so you would be able to help to make the right determination within much better strategy to obtain quick along with far better outcome. Doing this you'll get far better probability along with less hazardous reside in the foreseeable future. Salem Friends of Felines is one of the companies that you can confidence to give your self suited and also much better live in the foreseeable future. Getting started with this provider will make anyone capable to attain your current purpose much easier as well as help to make your desire become a reality.
To create the company perspective and quest will come accurate; Salem Friends of Felines is actually open regarding new location seeing that Position as Animal Care Technician Companies Salem Friends of Felines in Salem, OR 97302 in January 2018 throughout Salem, OR 97302 begin from January 2018. All people who's keen on filling this kind of vacant, make sure you be involved in that Position as Animal Care Technician Companies Salem Friends of Felines in Salem, OR 97302 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment in Salem, OR 97302. It truly is recommended for all members to ready almost all needed requirements just for this work recruitment process, since the procedure will require you to definitely supply suited options that this corporation wants for this position. If you feel that you will be this can fill the specs, you can attempt to learn to read more information about Position as Animal Care Technician Companies Salem Friends of Felines in Salem, OR 97302 in January 2018 January 2018 in Salem, OR 97302 below..
Animal Care TechnicianCompany Salem Friends of Felines
Location Salem, OR 97302
Update 7 Day ago
ANIMAL CARE TECHNICIAN
Salem Friends of Felines (SFOF) is a cat rescue operation so it is important that applicant be comfortable with animals and willing to become proficient with cat care. This position is vital to the organization and is responsible for providing the highest quality of care to our cats. This person will have frequent interactions with customers, co-workers and volunteers’ so being able to effectively communicate is also extremely important.
SFOF employees include a shelter manager, an animal care manager and several staff responsible for kennel and cat care. The person hired will need to become proficient with the protocols related to kennel and cat care, following all the health and safety standards related to the cats.
This position will work 25 - 30 hours a week with a possibility of additional hours in the future. Employee hired in this position will be expected to work on weekends and some holidays. The desired employee would have reliable transportation and be available to occasionally run errands for the shelter such as shuttling cats to and from the veterinarian.
Responsibilities include monitoring the health and temperament of the cats; assessing, medicating and preparing incoming cats for adoption placement; feeding, cleaning, medicating, testing and occasionally transporting cats; preparing and providing accurate and meaningful documentation for cat cages and kennels; and assisting the animal care manager in accumulating information important to the placement of the cats. The animal care technician must facilitate positive interactions between SFOF and the public; assist the public with cat selection; and educate and provide helpful guidance with respect to selection. Every staff member must contribute to a safe working environment and work as a collaborative team member. All staff members contribute to the stewardship of the organization’s mission and are expected to stay current on and understand issues related to animal welfare and SFOF programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a general list of the duties that will be performed. The shelter manager or animal care manager may request employee to perform additional tasks not included on this list.
- Work daily with cats of varying size and temperament, handling cats in a safe, caring and respectful manner.
- Act as a vital member of the team by cleaning, feeding, medicating and providing necessary supplies to all cats according to established procedures.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with volunteers and staff regarding any cat in residence.
- Maintain daily knowledge of cat inventory, shelter events and special needs of the shelter.
- Observe the health and temperament of shelter cats, document and report changes to manager.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment by continually cleaning up after cats and proactively monitoring cat areas for cleanliness.
- Greet and interact with the public in a friendly, professional, and respectful manner. Work with the public, staff and volunteers to resolve complaints and issues in a productive and collaborative manner.
- Monitor all cat related information on kennel cards, correcting errors and adding new information upon observation. Ensure that all cats are correctly identified and that all cages have accurate cat information posted.
- Perform any other duty as request by shelter manager or animal care manager
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND COMPETENCIES
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Experience in customer service and/or animal care
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse population in a consistently informative, respectful and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and exercise sound judgment during all interactions with the public, staff and volunteers.
- Basic working knowledge of computer hardware and software programs.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as requested
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.25 /hour
- Salem, OR 97302
- High school or equivalent
- animal care: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License