carrierlist.co : Today's work recruitment is quite competing, that may be why should you work prudently and it's not a tricky thing to do. carrierlist.co gives you opportunity to get it done so that you could make the best conclusion inside better technique to acquire swift and much better consequence. This way you will get better probability along with more secure reside in the future. TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY is amongst the corporations you can rely on to offer your household suitable as well as much better live later on. Getting started with the corporation can make people competent to achieve your current objective much easier along with make your own dream be realized.
To produce the corporation eye-sight along with vision happens true; TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY is wide open intended for brand new location as Position as DPS - DLD - Customer Svc Rep II Cust Ops Companies TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY in Longview, TX in January 2018 in Longview, TX begin from January 2018. Everyone who's keen on stuffing this kind of nonincome producing, you should participate in this kind of Position as DPS - DLD - Customer Svc Rep II Cust Ops Companies TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY in Longview, TX in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Longview, TX. It can be encouraged for those members to organize almost all essential specifications for this career recruitment method, since the process will need someone to offer ideal spec the business wishes just for this location. If you are that you will be one which can load the actual options, you can search you just read further information about Position as DPS - DLD - Customer Svc Rep II Cust Ops Companies TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY in Longview, TX in January 2018 January 2018 in Longview, TX below..
DPS - DLD - Customer Svc Rep II Cust OpsCompany TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Location Longview, TX
Update 4 Day ago
: TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
LONGVIEW (LAKE LAMOND RD)
416 LAKE LAMOND RD
: Office and Administrative Support
State Job Code: 0132
Salary Admin Plan: A
Salary (Pay Basis)
: 2,249.18 - 2,454.18 (Monthly)
Number of Openings
: Sep 26, 2017, 10:33:21 AM
: Oct 10, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
SUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS: Work In Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. In order to complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
Performs routine office support functions in a Driver License Examination and Renewal Office. Determines the legal needs and requirements of driver license and identification card applicants. Meets and screens applicants, administers written and visual tests, prepares application forms and collects license application fees. Answers general information questions pertaining to driver license laws and driver licensing procedures, safety responsibility laws and procedures, other Department services and services available at other state agencies, and other traffic laws. Receives and responds to telephone inquiries from the general public. Work is performed under limited supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Work is performed under general direction in rural locations.
The following Military Occupational Specialty codes are generally applicable to this position. Applicants must fully complete the summary of experience to determine if minimum qualifications are met. 36B, 0100, 0111, 3A1X1, 3M0X1, 3A
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meets and deals with the general public in professional and courteous manner; answers general questions pertaining to applications for various types of driver licenses and identification cards, questions pertaining to traffic laws, driver license, commercial driver license, and safety responsibility laws, driver education, driver improvement, insurance requirements, voter's registration, organ donation, Department employment, and other Department and state agency services.
2. Determines the legal needs and requirements of driver license and identification card applicants. Screens application forms to ensure applicant qualification.
3. Performs basic check of physical driving capabilities of applicants by evaluation during observation and interviews of hearing, mental, visual, or physical restrictions, and potential driving limitations due to various medications and their dosage quantities; checks for adequacy of applicant's eyesight through use of vision tester; prepares supplemental forms as necessary when potential physical problems or restrictions are identified; determines referrals to Medical Advisory Board and/or to a vision specialist for further evaluation.
4. Inspects motor vehicles for safety prior to road test; verifies evidence of financial responsibility; checks for registration and/or reciprocity; and describes road test basics to applicant.
5. Assumes responsibility of certifying drivers as reasonable risks or disapproving drivers as unreasonable risks.
6. Makes and properly interprets National Driver Records (NDR), Problem Driver Pointer System (PDPS), and Commercial Driver License Information System (CDLIS) and other external system inquiries to determine applicants' eligibility for licensing.
7. Collects appropriate license fees and prepares receipts; ensures and accepts accountability that monies received balance with receipts issued; captures photograph of applicants, their signatures, and their fingerprints.
8. Checks accuracy of original, renewal, and duplicate license applications, driver education certificates, school attendance forms, insurance documents, registrations, and notarizes forms; ensures source document data input to basic state records is correct to prevent future master record changes; and verifies and scrutinizes documents presented for authenticity.
9. Advises applicants of suspensions, cancellations and revocations, and advises how to qualify.
10. Administers and grades written and oral driver examinations. May interpret for foreign language speaking applicants. Schedules applicants for driving tests. Operates automated testing machines to measure driver license applicants' knowledge of traffic laws and driving practices. Utilizes computers and digital imaging workstations for capture of applicants' portrait, thumbprint, and signature.
11. Screens application forms to ensure applicant qualification and administers oaths as necessary.
12. May administer road skills (drive test) examinations. [Must have a valid State of Texas driver license to perform this duty]
13. May travel as required to work in other Driver License Offices and/or to and from Headquarters for training.
14. May set up, close, and program office machines in preparation or close of day’s activities.
15. Prepares daily bookkeeping reports.
16. May make minor repairs to testing devices and other office equipment. Prepares, cleans, and maintains work area and testing devices daily.
17. May be required to provide own transportation to remote locations.
18. May be assigned to work certain periods of time totally independent of co-workers and/or supervisors.
19. May be required to work extended hours alone for extended periods of time exercising independent judgment.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
Education - Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent.
Experience - Minimum of two (2) years of full-time general office/customer service experience. Cash handling experience preferred but not required. Preferred experience will include at least 1 year customer service experience in dealing with the public in person and over the telephone. Must pass certification with 80% or better score to advance to Customer Service Representative III.
Licensure and/or Certification - Valid Texas driver license required. If hired with a valid out of state driver license, a Texas license must be obtained within ninety (90) days of moving to Texas. If moving within the state of Texas, a valid Texas license must be obtained within thirty (30) days.
Regulatory Knowledge - Working knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly assimilate information related to TXDPS, State, and Federal regulations, legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures. Knowledge of general business office procedures, proficient in English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and arithmetic. Ability to make arithmetical computations.
Interpersonal Skills - Must demonstrate an ability to exercise poise, tact, diplomacy and an ability to establish and maintain positive, working/professional relationships with internal/external customers.
Organizational and Prioritization Skills - Must be organized, flexible, and able to effectively prioritize in a multi-demand and constantly changing environment; able to meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy, timeliness or professionalism.
Presentation/Communication Skills - Must be able to effectively communicate. Must be able to produce clear, concise, and professional documents, vouchers, and forms.
Research and Comprehension - Must demonstrate ability to quickly and efficiently access relevant information, and be able to utilize and/or present research and conclusions in a clear and concise manner.
Analytical Reasoning/Attention to Detail - Must demonstrate an ability to examine data/information, discern variations/similarities, and be able identify trends, relationships and causal factors, as well as grasp issues, draw accurate conclusions, and solve problems.
Technology (Computers/Hardware/Software/Operating Systems) - Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Ability to use standard office equipment such as a calculator or adding machine, automated equipment and software, copier, facsimile, and folding or labeling machines.
Confidentiality and Protected Information - Must demonstrate an ability to responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information and situations, and adhere to applicable laws/statutes/policies related to access, maintenance and dissemination of information.
Safety - Must be able to work in safe manner at all times, avoiding shortcuts that have potential adverse results/risks, and must be able to comply with safety standards and best practices.
Travel and/or Schedule - This position requires occasional start and end time as early as 7:00 a.m. and as late as 7:00 p.m.
PHYSICAL and/or ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those encountered and/or necessary for the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Environment: Office, Outdoors, and Vehicle
- Ambulatory skills: stand, walk, sit
- Hand-eye coordination and arm/hand/finger dexterity
- Ability to speak, hear, and exercise visual acuity
- Ability to transfer weights of fifty (50) pounds anticipated for this position
- Driving requirements: Occasional (up to 20%)
DPS employee who is selected for a position in their current salary group with a new state title may receive an increase up to 3.4%.
Salary is contingent upon qualification and is subject to salary administration and budgetary restrictions.
Additional $200/per month for working in a "metro" location. The metro amount will be factored into the hourly rate.
Applicants will be required to sign an HR-99A release form as they will be asked to demonstrate their lifting abilities at the time of interview.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE DO NOT ACCEPT TELEPHONE CALLS. ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
State of Texas retirees may be rehired for full-time, non-commissioned positions only under very specific circumstances.