carrierlist.co -- Today's employment recruitment can be quite aggressive, that is certainly why should you function properly and it's also an excellent tough thing to do. carrierlist.co provides you with possiblity to practice it therefore you can produce the correct decision inside better technique to acquire swift as well as much better outcome. Doing this you'll get better possibility along with safer are living down the road. University of California Berkeley is amongst the companies that you could confidence to supply your household acceptable as well as far better live down the road. Subscribing to tag heuer is likely to make an individual capable of reach your objective much easier as well as produce ones desire become a.
To make the business eyesight in addition to quest happens genuine; University of California Berkeley is wide open with regard to brand new location since Position as Faculty Assistant Companies University of California Berkeley in Berkeley, CA in January 2018 throughout Berkeley, CA begin with January 2018. Every person who's enthusiastic about completing this specific vacant, you should attend that Position as Faculty Assistant Companies University of California Berkeley in Berkeley, CA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment with Berkeley, CA. It is well-advised for all contributors to get ready most important requirements just for this work recruitment course of action, since the process will need someone to offer acceptable specs that the firm wishes just for this place. If you're that you are one which could fill up the actual standards, you can attempt you just read more info about Position as Faculty Assistant Companies University of California Berkeley in Berkeley, CA in January 2018 January 2018 in Berkeley, CA below..
Faculty AssistantCompany University of California Berkeley
Location Berkeley, CA
Update 5 Day ago
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 10/04/2017
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work. To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
Finance and purchasing support
• Monitor research fund expenses including items purchased and payroll expenses for research staff appointments. Use campus financial systems: BAIRS and Portfolio, to track status. Coordinate with CSS Research Administration (CSS RA) to monitor and correct expenditures
• Notify faculty of impending deficits due to recurring payroll charges or expenditures related to travel and research. Coordinate with CSS RA and CSS HR on changes to staff appointments
• Navigate faculty through Haas and UC policies and procedures to reach academic goals by consulting with policy advisors at CSS
• Provide complete and organized information and required documentation to the Haas business services administrator to ensure timely payment and reimbursement processing
• Track paperwork submitted for individual faculty for Travel and Entertainment (meals related to UCB mission) reimbursement
• Manage campus BearBuy carts with Haas business services administrator and Campus Shared Services staff
• Coordinate with Haas Financial Planning and Analysis staff for expenditures and corrections that are not coordinated with CSS RA
Administrative and planning support
• Seminar support included but not limited to creating daily schedule, provide information for guest speakers, visitors and catering arrangements
• Reserve meeting space and AV reservations
• Restaurant, taxi, hotel and airline reservations
• Obtain and provide parking passes for class visitors and guests
• Resolve simple software/hardware problems
• Update and maintain WEB pages using knowledge of HTML
• Order supplies (i.e. toner) and request repairs of office environments and equipment per faculty request
• Order and renew journal subscriptions, memberships. Purchase software, books, research and instructional materials (other than textbooks), etc.
• Research publication materials preparation and submission fee administrative support
• Provide light editing and proofreading for research papers, manuscripts, and correspondence, including letters of recommendation
• Provide mail, fax, FedEx and courier services
• Questionnaires, surveys, flyers, posters, door cards and nametags
• Provide faculty merit/promotion support under the direction of Academic Affairs
• Work on special programs as assigned
• Attend classes which will enhance expertise in job areas
• Serve on departmental and campus-wide committees as appropriate
• Participate in activities that enhance the campus community and/or larger community to further University service
• Maintain knowledge of Faculty Support Unit business processes in order to provide back up to other support staff in the unit.
•Related experience in providing administrative support to a group of 8 – 12 faculty or managers (from an accredited degree granting university/college) or similar environment
•Demonstrated experience providing high level of customer service
•Attention to detail while managing shifting priorities
•Accurate record keeping, organizational skills and experience with online accounting systems
•Experience with scheduling for groups as well as creating individual visit itineraries
•Demonstrated strong written, editing, and verbal communications skills, with excellent interpersonal skills
•Demonstrated ability to manage high volume incoming email from faculty, students and external customers
•Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to changing business processes and software tools on a frequent basis
•Demonstrated intermediate-to-advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
•Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be proactive especially in problem solving
•Proven ability at utilizing resources and seeking clarification any/or instructions to maximize efficiency •Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills for successful outcomes in a complex environment
•Well-developed interpersonal communication with proven competence in multi-cultural interaction
•Demonstrated ability to be reliable and punctual in attendance and output
•Commitment to campus mandatory efforts for compliance in ethics, cyber-security and sexual violence and sexual harassment (SVSH) policies
• Some knowledge of UC Berkeley’s Berkeley Financial System (BFS), Bear Buy, Travel and Entertainment (T&E), and Connexxus
• Ability and willingness to learn new online systems and other new software and technology
awareness of critical academic/administrative deadline
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of student records following confidentiality rules established by FERPA, the State of California and the
Salary & Benefits
Hourly Rate $26.12 - $26.71
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: