carrierlist.co - Today's task recruitment is quite aggressive, that's why should you work properly which is not really a difficult activity. carrierlist.co will provide you with possiblity to do it therefore you would be able to make the best choice in far better strategy to obtain rapid as well as much better result. Because of this you'll get far better possibility and better reside down the road. City of Palmetto is amongst the corporations that you could confidence to present you and your family appropriate as well as greater are living in the foreseeable future. Joining this provider will always make a person competent to accomplish your own target easier and help make your current aspiration become a reality.
To produce the business eye-sight in addition to quest arrives genuine; City of Palmetto is actually open pertaining to completely new location as Position as Accountant I Companies City of Palmetto in in January 2018 within begin as January 2018. Everybody who's keen on filling this empty, remember to engage in that Position as Accountant I Companies City of Palmetto in in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment with . It truly is suggested for many participants to prepare just about all important needs just for this job recruitment treatment, because procedure need someone to allow suited spec the firm would like for this situation. If you are that you'll be one that could populate the particular specs, you can look at to read more info about Position as Accountant I Companies City of Palmetto in in January 2018 January 2018 in below..
Accountant ICompany City of Palmetto
Update 9 Day ago
PLEASE NOTE: Resumes will be accepted ONLY with a completed City of Palmetto General Employment Application. (www.palmettofl.org)
Perform skilled, analytical and highly responsible accounting tasks of more than average difficulty. Duties include: payroll, budget and audit, as well as prepare, review and interpret financial records and maintain all data related to payroll. Work requires the exercise of reasonable initiative and independent judgment. This position requires an individual who is highly self-motivated, detailed oriented, dependable and has excellent time management skills.
- Review and reconcile information provided by multiple departments for processing bi-weekly payroll for approximately 135 employees, which includes elected officials, exempt, non-exempt, part-time, union, and general employees.
- Maintain and verify employee data which includes changes in: total hours, name and/or address, salary, insurance, and vacation and sick leave records.
- Research and resolve payroll discrepancies and prepare necessary reconciliations.
- Partner with Human Resources to maintain and improve processes and procedures that will ensure the efficient transmittal of information.
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and supporting audit work papers.
- Prepare regular and special financial and statistical reports and statements, including reports filed with other governmental entities.
- Perform related work as required and demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes.
- May be involved in specialized accounting tasks such as project, grant, and fixed asset accounting, as well as participate in cash management and investment activities, etc.
- Work cooperatively with other departments and embrace a teamwork approach to complete tasks and provide quality, seamless customer service.
Please Note: this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of payroll policies, procedures and regulatory standards such as, payroll compliance, wage and hour laws, pre and post-tax benefits, etc.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, governmental accounting, auditing and public agency budgeting.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Substantial knowledge of modern office practices, with emphasis on computer literacy, ERP database systems, spreadsheet applications, and records and file management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision.
- Ability to maintain professional discretion in processing matters of a sensitive or confidential nature from both a legal and professionally ethical perspective.
Tools and Equipment Used
Requires frequent use, including but not limited to, personal computer, Ten-Key calculator, telephone, copy machine and fax machine.
Reports to and works under the general supervision of mid-level accounting management.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited four (4) year college or university and two (2) years’ accounting and/or financial reporting experience.
- Please note: Proficiency using Microsoft Excel a must!
Governmental accounting experience. Florida Government Finance Officer Association (CGFO) certification.
- Please note: If not already CGFO certified, selected applicant must begin or be actively working toward certification with the ability to begin testing after 3 years from start of employment.
The work environment is characteristic as described here in and is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight. Tasks may involve occasionally lifting and or moving up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus, while some task require oral and written communication abilities. Additionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, and occasionally drive a vehicle. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation. While performing the duties of the job, the employee will regularly work in an open office environment subject to moderately heavy noise levels. Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
The City of Palmetto is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S. C. 12101 et. seq.), the City of Palmetto will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Interested candidates should submit an employment application and resume to Palmetto City Hall, ATTN: Human Resources, 516 8th Ave. West, Palmetto, FL 34221. Employment applications may be printed from our website at www.palmettofl.org or picked up at Palmetto City Hall, 516 8th Ave. West, Palmetto, FL. 34221.
RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLY WITH A COMPLETED CITY OF PALMETTO GENERAL APPLICATION. (www.palmettofl.org)
All applications will become public documents under Florida Law. The City of Palmetto is an EOE/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. All applicants must complete a pre-employment physical.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39,794.00 /year
- Accounting and or/ financial reporting: 2 years