carrierlist.co -- Today's employment recruitment can be quite aggressive, that is certainly why should you function properly and it's also an excellent tough thing to do. carrierlist.co provides you with possiblity to practice it therefore you can produce the correct decision inside better technique to acquire swift as well as much better outcome. Doing this you'll get better possibility along with safer are living down the road. Generation is amongst the companies that you could confidence to supply your household acceptable as well as far better live down the road. Subscribing to tag heuer is likely to make an individual capable of reach your objective much easier as well as produce ones desire become a.
To make the business eyesight in addition to quest happens genuine; Generation is wide open with regard to brand new location since Position as Generation USA Chief Operating Officer Companies Generation in Washington, DC in January 2018 throughout Washington, DC begin with January 2018. Every person who's enthusiastic about completing this specific vacant, you should attend that Position as Generation USA Chief Operating Officer Companies Generation in Washington, DC in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment with Washington, DC. It is well-advised for all contributors to get ready most important requirements just for this work recruitment course of action, since the process will need someone to offer acceptable specs that the firm wishes just for this place. If you're that you are one which could fill up the actual standards, you can attempt you just read more info about Position as Generation USA Chief Operating Officer Companies Generation in Washington, DC in January 2018 January 2018 in Washington, DC below..
Generation USA Chief Operating OfficerCompany Generation
Location Washington, DC
Update 8 Day ago
Generation is a global youth employment organization that helps provide young adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories. Generation is a non-profit founded by McKinsey & Company, aimed at training and employing youth across 5 countries – USA, Kenya, Spain, Mexico and USA. In the USA, 6.7 million young adults are out of school and out of work. At the same time, 44% of employers say a skills shortage is leaving them with entry-level vacancies. By bridging the skills gap, we can create impact for both employers and young adults Generation USA has launched programs in four sectors: healthcare (CNA), customer service (retail sales associate, front desk agent, call center), IT (help desk, network support), and skilled trades (construction helper – NCCER certified). Additional programs can be built out based on employer demand (e.g. medical billing, medical assistant, programming). Thus far, Generation USA has graduated 1200 young people across 10 cities in just over two and a half years. 95% of supervisors say they would hire a Generation graduate again, and 87% of graduates were ranked above average relative to peers. Students also recognize the impact of the program, evaluating their life almost a rung and a half higher on a ten rung “life quality and well-being index ladder between the start and end of the program. We currently operate in Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Jacksonville, FL; Las Vegas, NV; Miami, FL; San Jose, CA; Birmingham, AL; Washington, D.C.; and Wilmington, DE.
Generation USA now seeks to scale up operations and is seeking a talented leader to oversee these operations and growth. In our USA Chief Operating Officer (COO) we are looking for a leader who embodies our organization’s core values. More specifically, we’re seeking a teammate who is passionate about achieving our mission, strong ability to manage a geographically diverse team, track record of effectively managing operations of large-scale programs, a strong collaborator and committed to continuous improvement personally and for the organization. The ideal candidate will be capable of empowering the organization’s staff and building an organization that serves our two main stakeholder groups: our program participants and our employer partners.
The Chief Operating Officer will lead Generation USA. S/he will liaise with Generation USA team and Global Generation leadership to formulate, drive, and execute on strategy. S/he will build and directly manage a team of staff (organizational operations and program delivery), and will direct the expansion of cities, programs, and students. Ultimately, the COO will be accountable to achieving Generation USA’s impact targets for recruiting, training, placing, and retaining program participants with our employer partners. As such, the COO will manage three primary functions:
Lead operations and management by:
- Overseeing the high quality implementation of Generation programs across national geographies and sectors and hold implementation partners accountable for the same
- Overseeing the design and implementation of all initiatives including recruitment, training and transition to employment, in accordance with program specifications and funding limits
- Ensuring that programs are running with adherence to Generation methodology, practices and standards and provide problem solving and tactical support to ensure efficient operations where required
- Ensuring all the targets and timelines for expansion and scale up are met
- Ensuring appropriate organization and staffing of current national team (20 FTEs and 10 contractors), and grow the team as required
- Managing design and implementation of human resources policies and procedures, including setup of payroll, benefits plans, etc.
- Overseeing overall financial management, planning, systems and controls including the budgeting process
Drive strategic leadership by:
- Contributing to and supporting the development of the organization’s growth strategy
- Liaising with the McKinsey USA Generation lead and conduct regular meetings with the McKinsey USA Leadership team and the Generation Global team in devising strategy
- Preparing and leading the organization through a high growth period over the next 18-24 months
- Identifying areas of risk and take necessary steps to reduce vulnerabilities
Build representation of Generation USA externally and support the Global Generation Leadership Team by:
- Being a credible representative of our efforts with potential partners (employers and training providers) and funders
- Managing relationship with training delivery partners and employers at an overall level, and contribute to grow new relationships with these partners
- Representing Generation USA, and it’s programs, with potential public and private funders as needed
You are a visionary, strategic and passionate leader energized at the thought of taking Generation into the next phase of growth. You have an ability to create organization-wide systems and processes that drive consistently strong outcomes. You have a knack for get things done and the ability to mobilize a team to reach organizational goals. You have extensive experience managing teams and overseeing large-scale programs from inception to completion.
Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Generation's mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals
- Minimum of 4 years’ of business work experience with 2+ years of direct leadership experience is required
- Leadership in operations settings (particularly those overseeing multiple sites or projects simultaneously) and experience holding accountability for large scale operations
- A track record of leading, motivating and developing high-performance teams
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships including those with senior management at employer partners, government officials and agencies where required, negotiating with external vendors and enforcing governance with implementation partners etc.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, proactive mindset required for start-ups that demands taking ownership of targets and seeking opportunities for improvement / growth
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing budgets, business systems, human resources, data analysis and/or information technology;
- Positive, solutions and impact oriented attitude, drive for excellence
- Ability to lead and manage diverse team in a corporate or management consulting environment
- Experience of starting / running a skills training related organization and knowledge of the non-profit landscape is preferable and but not required
- Experience in fundraising across the skills/education sector is useful but not required
- Professional demeanor, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (English) and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel across Generation USA cities.
You do not have to be based in DC to apply. The COO will work remotely and travel frequently to our Generation cities.
Generation offers highly competitive total compensation including excellent health benefits and paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY
To join our team, please submit a resume and cover letter on Indeed that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain (in detail) your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed. Alternatively, visit www.generation/careers/ for more information on how to apply.
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and active encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Job Type: Full-time