carrierlist.co - Today's job recruitment is extremely cut-throat, which is for you to function prudently and it's not really a tricky action to take. carrierlist.co will give you chance to take action which means you can create the best conclusion in better technique to receive swift and superior effect. That way you'll get far better prospective client in addition to less hazardous are living later on. UNITED WAY OF DANE COUNTY is probably the organizations that one could have confidence in to offer your family suitable and also greater stay sometime soon. Becoming a member of the corporation could make an individual in a position to attain your own target simpler and make your current wish becoming reality.
To create the organization perspective as well as assignment happens true; UNITED WAY OF DANE COUNTY is actually available regarding completely new situation as Position as Community Volunteer Coordinator Companies UNITED WAY OF DANE COUNTY in Madison, WI 53704 in January 2018 with Madison, WI 53704 originate from January 2018. Everybody who's considering stuffing this kind of nonincome producing, you should attend this specific Position as Community Volunteer Coordinator Companies UNITED WAY OF DANE COUNTY in Madison, WI 53704 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Madison, WI 53704. It's encouraged for many members to ready just about all necessary prerequisites because of this career recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing one to give appropriate options which the firm wants due to this place. If you think that you will be one that can easily fill your specs, you can look at to see more info about Position as Community Volunteer Coordinator Companies UNITED WAY OF DANE COUNTY in Madison, WI 53704 in January 2018 January 2018 in Madison, WI 53704 below..
Community Volunteer CoordinatorCompany UNITED WAY OF DANE COUNTY
Location Madison, WI 53704
Update 7 Day ago
AmeriCorps Achievement Connections
Community Volunteer Coordinator Position Description
$12,630 Living Allowance (distributed biweekly)
$5,815 Education Award
Student Loan Forbearance
Student Loan Interest Payment
Basic Medical Insurance
Total Hours: 1700
40 Hours per week
8:00am – 4:30 pm
United Way of Dane County
2059 Atwood Avenue
Madison WI 53704
Achievement Connections is an AmeriCorps program led by the United Way of Dane County, the Madison Metropolitan School District, the Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District, and the Morgridge Center for Public Service at UW Madison, with additional funding provided by the Foundation for Madison Public Schools. Achievement Connections provides five dedicated Math tutoring centers at local high schools focused on providing one-on-one support for students in Algebra and Geometry. AmeriCorps Members, supervised by a Tutor Coordinator, work as a team to provide support to students through math tutoring, class observations, communication with teachers, and development of foundational math skills.
AmeriCorps is an opportunity to make a big difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. It’s a chance to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others and meeting critical needs in the community, and in return gain experience in skills that employers look for – like teamwork, leadership, communication skills, multicultural awareness, and flexible problem-solving. Each year, AmeriCorps offers 75,000 opportunities for adults of all ages and backgrounds to serve through a network of partnerships with local and national nonprofit groups.
Community Volunteer Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Create Achievement Connections tutor recruitment plan and work with program partners to carry out the plan.
- Develop ongoing recruiting opportunities in public spaces.
- Organize and implement tutor trainings with Achievement Connections team.
- Actively promote volunteerism within the community by recruiting, screening and placing volunteer tutors who are interested in working with high school students in math.
- Assist the AmeriCorps Tutor Liaison(s) and district Tutor Coordinators with interviewing, screening and placing volunteers as needed and appropriate.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of tutor trainings.
- In collaboration with United Way staff, coordinate 2-4 advanced training sessions for experienced volunteer managers.
- Assist with fall conference in conjunction with the Dane County Administrators of Volunteer services (DCAVS).
- Help coordinate and do follow-up for 6-part Volunteer Management Training Series.
- Coordinate volunteer management training for AmeriCorps team.
- Use social media to facilitate ongoing communication, continuous learning and sharing of best practices among volunteer managers and Achievement Connections team.
- Be part of the United Way Volunteer Center/2-1-1 staff team.
- 18 years of age or olderat beginning of service term.
- S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Must hold a college degree or have plans to complete in the near future.
- Be able to make a full-time, twelve-month commitment to the position.
- Must be a problem solver who is goal oriented and solution driven.
- Must be outgoing and enjoy working with adults and youth.
- Must successfully pass a criminal history background check.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Experience in math, education, youth development, volunteer management, or related field.
- Comfortable and proficient in math, in particular skills in Algebra.
- Experience working with or demonstrated understanding of the educational and developmental needs of high school age youth.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong commitment to the mission of the Achievement Connections program and United Way of Dane County and to working with youth and families from diverse racial/cultural populations.
- Strong written, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Internet navigation.
- A somewhat flexible schedule including occasional evening and weekend hours.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- recruitment: 1 year