carrierlist.co -- Today's task recruitment is quite competitive, that is certainly why should you perform wisely and it's also not just a tough activity. carrierlist.co will provide you with chance to get it done so you would be able to help to make the right determination within much better strategy to obtain quick along with far better outcome. Doing this you'll get far better probability along with less hazardous reside in the foreseeable future. UNITED WAY OF DANE COUNTY is one of the companies that you can confidence to give your self suited and also much better live in the foreseeable future. Getting started with this provider will make anyone capable to attain your current purpose much easier as well as help to make your desire become a reality.
To create the company perspective and quest will come accurate; UNITED WAY OF DANE COUNTY is actually open regarding new location seeing that Position as Community Volunteer Coordinator Companies UNITED WAY OF DANE COUNTY in Madison, WI 53704 in January 2018 throughout Madison, WI 53704 begin from January 2018. All people who's keen on filling this kind of vacant, make sure you be involved in that Position as Community Volunteer Coordinator Companies UNITED WAY OF DANE COUNTY in Madison, WI 53704 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment in Madison, WI 53704. It truly is recommended for all members to ready almost all needed requirements just for this work recruitment process, since the procedure will require you to definitely supply suited options that this corporation wants for this position. If you feel that you will be this can fill the specs, you can attempt to learn to read more information about Position as Community Volunteer Coordinator Companies UNITED WAY OF DANE COUNTY in Madison, WI 53704 in January 2018 January 2018 in Madison, WI 53704 below..
Community Volunteer CoordinatorCompany UNITED WAY OF DANE COUNTY
Location Madison, WI 53704
Update 10 Day ago
AmeriCorps Achievement Connections
Community Volunteer Coordinator Position Description
$12,630 Living Allowance (distributed biweekly)
$5,815 Education Award
Student Loan Forbearance
Student Loan Interest Payment
Basic Medical Insurance
Total Hours: 1700
40 Hours per week
8:00am – 4:30 pm
United Way of Dane County
2059 Atwood Avenue
Madison WI 53704
Achievement Connections is an AmeriCorps program led by the United Way of Dane County, the Madison Metropolitan School District, the Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District, and the Morgridge Center for Public Service at UW Madison, with additional funding provided by the Foundation for Madison Public Schools. Achievement Connections provides five dedicated Math tutoring centers at local high schools focused on providing one-on-one support for students in Algebra and Geometry. AmeriCorps Members, supervised by a Tutor Coordinator, work as a team to provide support to students through math tutoring, class observations, communication with teachers, and development of foundational math skills.
AmeriCorps is an opportunity to make a big difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. It’s a chance to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others and meeting critical needs in the community, and in return gain experience in skills that employers look for – like teamwork, leadership, communication skills, multicultural awareness, and flexible problem-solving. Each year, AmeriCorps offers 75,000 opportunities for adults of all ages and backgrounds to serve through a network of partnerships with local and national nonprofit groups.
Community Volunteer Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Create Achievement Connections tutor recruitment plan and work with program partners to carry out the plan.
- Develop ongoing recruiting opportunities in public spaces.
- Organize and implement tutor trainings with Achievement Connections team.
- Actively promote volunteerism within the community by recruiting, screening and placing volunteer tutors who are interested in working with high school students in math.
- Assist the AmeriCorps Tutor Liaison(s) and district Tutor Coordinators with interviewing, screening and placing volunteers as needed and appropriate.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of tutor trainings.
- In collaboration with United Way staff, coordinate 2-4 advanced training sessions for experienced volunteer managers.
- Assist with fall conference in conjunction with the Dane County Administrators of Volunteer services (DCAVS).
- Help coordinate and do follow-up for 6-part Volunteer Management Training Series.
- Coordinate volunteer management training for AmeriCorps team.
- Use social media to facilitate ongoing communication, continuous learning and sharing of best practices among volunteer managers and Achievement Connections team.
- Be part of the United Way Volunteer Center/2-1-1 staff team.
- 18 years of age or olderat beginning of service term.
- S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Must hold a college degree or have plans to complete in the near future.
- Be able to make a full-time, twelve-month commitment to the position.
- Must be a problem solver who is goal oriented and solution driven.
- Must be outgoing and enjoy working with adults and youth.
- Must successfully pass a criminal history background check.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Experience in math, education, youth development, volunteer management, or related field.
- Comfortable and proficient in math, in particular skills in Algebra.
- Experience working with or demonstrated understanding of the educational and developmental needs of high school age youth.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong commitment to the mission of the Achievement Connections program and United Way of Dane County and to working with youth and families from diverse racial/cultural populations.
- Strong written, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Internet navigation.
- A somewhat flexible schedule including occasional evening and weekend hours.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- recruitment: 1 year