carrierlist.co -- Today's task recruitment is quite competitive, that is certainly why should you perform wisely and it's also not just a tough activity. carrierlist.co will provide you with chance to get it done so you would be able to help to make the right determination within much better strategy to obtain quick along with far better outcome. Doing this you'll get far better probability along with less hazardous reside in the foreseeable future. Open Arms International is one of the companies that you can confidence to give your self suited and also much better live in the foreseeable future. Getting started with this provider will make anyone capable to attain your current purpose much easier as well as help to make your desire become a reality.
To create the company perspective and quest will come accurate; Open Arms International is actually open regarding new location seeing that Position as Director, Organizational Advancement Companies Open Arms International in Dallas, TX in January 2018 throughout Dallas, TX begin from January 2018. All people who's keen on filling this kind of vacant, make sure you be involved in that Position as Director, Organizational Advancement Companies Open Arms International in Dallas, TX in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment in Dallas, TX. It truly is recommended for all members to ready almost all needed requirements just for this work recruitment process, since the procedure will require you to definitely supply suited options that this corporation wants for this position. If you feel that you will be this can fill the specs, you can attempt to learn to read more information about Position as Director, Organizational Advancement Companies Open Arms International in Dallas, TX in January 2018 January 2018 in Dallas, TX below..
Director, Organizational AdvancementCompany Open Arms International
Location Dallas, TX
Update 9 Day ago
Director of Organizational Advancement
Founded in 2002, Open Arms International (OAI) is a faith-based organization with a mission to provide relief from physical, emotional and spiritual suffering through medical expertise, education, and Christian ministry.
Co-founded by David and Rachel Gallagher and gracious supporters in the United Kingdom, our headquarters are located in Portland, Oregon with a current expansion to Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. Those we serve are primarily in Eldoret, Kenya, where we run an innovative village that rescues orphaned and abandoned children and also serves as a base for various outreaches to the surrounding community. For more information, please visit www.openarmsinternational.org. Position
This position oversees the daily operations of our U.S. team. This position will be based in the DFW area and will build and manage team members both in DFW and in Portland.
To qualify as a candidate, you need to be someone who displays a deep commitment to Christ with a passion for serving the vulnerable, abandoned and orphaned of Africa. If you are a strong and proven leader with the character and capacity to execute the vision of the Board of Directors and Founders of OAI, we invite you to submit your application.
The Director of Organizational Advancement will report to the International Executive Director and be an exceptional fit with the culture of our organization with proven success in administration, team building, staff management, and donor relations.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a proven leader with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving to join in a high-growth, mission-driven, Christ-honoring organization.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Contribute to the development of Open Arms International’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the Board and International Executive Director and the Board informed of all critical issues.
- Serve as the management liaison to the Board, effectively communicate and present financial matters at board meetings.
- Provide leadership, including being a spiritual resource to the staff and volunteers, to accomplish the mission and vision of the organization.
Team Development / Leadership
- Recruit, hire (as needed), train and develop a team of passionate, highly qualified individuals for roles needed in the DFW area.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of each individual team member, both in DFW and in Portland.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to excellence.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments (with the approval of the board).
- Set the agenda and conduct regular staff meetings and necessary one-on-ones to ensure smooth operation and the accomplishment of both strategy and goals.
- Lead and manage the strategic growth of Open Arms International in the U.S.
- Ensure that Open Arms International is well managed and meets its governance responsibilities.
- Oversee and be responsible for the financial health by managing the budget in the U.S.
- Work with the development team and event planners to execute successful fundraising events.
- Ensure that knowledge and expertise is shared across the organization.
- Guide the development of best practices and develop and implement more sophisticated policies and procedures as needed.
- Be a liaison and facilitate communication with our U.K. and Kenya offices and Boards with the goal of coordination between all three locations (U.S., U.K., Kenya).
- Cultivate, nurture, and grow relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation sponsors and individual donors.
- Work with our development (fundraising) staff to raise the profile of Open Arms International in the U.S. and meet the funding needs of the organization.
- Encourage and train non-development staff to promote OAI and be deputy fundraisers.
- Speak on behalf of the organization to tell the OAI story and encourage participation and involvement in the ministry.
- Oversee all communication and social media pieces to ensure accuracy of information, consistent branding, and response of donors.
- Effectively work within and equip other team members to learn our Customer Relationship Management software, QuickBooks, Excel, our website, and social media.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of OAI and the ECFA.
- Work with the U.S. Board of Directors to schedule, organize and attend Board of Director meetings.
- Ensure that all necessary legal, regulatory and professional requirements are met and the U.S. Board is kept informed of changes or topics requiring their attention.
- Keep the International Executive Director and Board of Directors informed of all internal and external issues that affect OAI including audit, development and staffing issues.
- Support the U.S. Board of Directors through the effective implementation of vision, plans and budgets.
Attributes and Character To be successful in this position you must thrive on building and maintaining relationships with extraordinary patience and have the leadership strength to build and maintain a team who loves what they do. You will need to be intimately acquainted with each of our team member’s roles and responsibilities and be able to coach them in improving processes, efficiency, and stewardship of donors. Passionate leadership is a must, you will need to care deeply about our mission and be able to transfer that passion to others.
Our ideal candidate will thrive in a climate of openness and enjoy teaching others using wisdom to bring urgency to the management of the organization. It is our expectation you would work closely with our development team to provide what they need to effectively fundraise for the organization.
Because we are a Christ-honoring organization you will need to demonstrate a commitment to God’s Word and the integration of biblical principles in your personal life. You should be comfortable praying for others and leading them to Christ if given the opportunity. You should live your life deeply dependent on God and rooted in faith. We expect you have a stable and healthy personal life and an active spiritual life.
Operationally you will need to be tenacious and have proven ability to implement strategy and can get things done. You are not shy when it comes to requesting what you need or instructing others. Your optimistic nature and strong communication skills puts you in demand and your humble style make you easily approachable.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) and/or equivalent experience. MBA or Master's Degree is desirable.
- Mature and growing Christ follower in agreement with OAI’s Statements of Faith.
- Passion for our vision and mission with an ability to share that passion with others.
- Work and/or volunteer experience in the developing world and/or with a charitable organization.
- Experience as a proven leader with success in building and managing teams.
- Experience in non-profit work with familiarity of nonprofit finance and accounting regulations.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Experience organizing and leading meetings, staff retreats and/or conferences.
- Professional, pleasant and positive public image.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, OAI’s Board of Directors, and staff.
- Travel to Kenya will be required at least once and potentially every two years.
Willingness for occasional overnight travel and work early mornings and evenings as required to meet with prospects and donors, attend conferences, or hold teleconferences with the U.K. or Keny
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Dallas, TX
- Nonprofit: 3 years