carrierlist.co - Today's task recruitment is extremely competing, which is why you ought to operate wisely and it's not just a tricky activity. carrierlist.co offers you possiblity to get it done therefore you could create the correct determination within much better technique to find quick and much better consequence. Doing this you will definately get much better prospect as well as less hazardous dwell in the foreseeable future. Seattle Community Colleges is probably the firms that you can rely on to supply family and friends appropriate as well as much better reside sometime soon. Subscribing to the corporation can make you competent to achieve the aim much easier and help to make your aspiration be realized.
To create the business imaginative and prescient vision in addition to quest occurs accurate; Seattle Community Colleges will be wide open intended for fresh place because Position as Business Instructor Companies Seattle Community Colleges in Seattle, WA in January 2018 within Seattle, WA begin with January 2018. All people who's thinking about filling up this empty, you should engage in that Position as Business Instructor Companies Seattle Community Colleges in Seattle, WA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Seattle, WA. It can be well-advised for many individuals to get ready many required demands just for this work recruitment course of action, because the method will be needing that you supply acceptable specification how the firm needs due to this position. If you think that you're this may load the actual spec, you can try to see further information about Position as Business Instructor Companies Seattle Community Colleges in Seattle, WA in January 2018 January 2018 in Seattle, WA below..
Business InstructorCompany Seattle Community Colleges
Location Seattle, WA
Update 6 Day ago
We are looking for an exceptional colleague with an understanding of the mission of a community college and an ability to promote student success in a learner-centered environment. A willingness to use technology to support learning in different modalities, including teaching online and hybrid; knowledge of assessment strategies for student learning outcomes, effective communication skills, ability to work in a diverse, multicultural environment, a willingness to work collaboratively to make a contribution, and to grow and learn professionally are required.
A complete application will include the following:
- Seattle College District online application
- Cover letter addressing qualifications, skills, and abilities required for this position.
- A diversity statement (400 word maximum) in which you share your view of diversity in higher education.
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
Appointment of the successful candidate to this position may be made contingent upon a satisfactory outcome of a criminal conviction history check. To minimize bias, background checks are conducted after the interview process and upon making a conditional offer. Results are only considered where the information aligns with bona fide occupation qualifications. Details are seen only by Human Resources staff conducting the check. If an applicant is denied based on the results of a background check, they are notified by Human Resources and have the right to request a copy of the results. Hiring Managers and members of the Search Committees are not provided with details – only notified that the candidate is no longer eligible for hire.
This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement with representation by AFT-Seattle and is subject to union shop provisions.
This full time, tenure-track position may include day, evening and weekend classes. In addition, the instructor is responsible for updating and developing courses, curricula, and assessment methods, and providing academic and career advisement to students. The instructor is expected to participate in department, school and college-wide committees, initiatives and events as well as professional development activities, and to keep abreast of trends in Business on all levels. The faculty member will work cooperatively with community partners and other faculty to ensure that students receive education and training that gives them current and marketable employment skills. This position reports to the Dean of Workforce Instruction.
- Prepare and teach classes such as business management, operations, finance, marketing and social media. Implement assessment strategies for student learning outcomes.
- Promote students success by participating in and creating a safe, welcoming student centered learning environment.
- Commit to self-reflection and continuous learning.
- Respect and embrace diversity.
- Participate in proposing and developing new offerings as well as adjusting and revising curriculum in the Business Department.
- Work independently, contribute as an effective member of the business department team, actively participate in college-wide committees and activities, and perform community outreach.
- Teach classes and perform other professional responsibilities as outlined in the AFT Seattle Local 1789 and Seattle Colleges Board of Trustees Agreement: http://aftseattle.wa.aft.org/files/2013_2016_aftsccd_agreement.pdf
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of current and relevant work experience or at least five years of substantive and relevant work experience.
- Evidence of interest in teaching and education.
- Experience engaging in and supporting diverse populations.
- Master's Degree or higher in Business or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of current and relevant work experience or at least seven years of substantive and relevant work experience.
- Experience teaching at a secondary or post-secondary level.
- Curriculum development experience.
- Experience developing and growing education or training programs.
- Experience using online classroom platforms or leaning management systems (Angel, Canvas, etc.).
- Experience developing business, industry and community contacts.