carrierlist.co : Today's job recruitment is very competing, that's why you ought to perform properly which is an excellent tough activity. carrierlist.co will provide you with opportunity to take action and that means you would be able to create the right selection inside better technique to find rapid and also greater result. That way you'll get greater prospect and also less hazardous live in the foreseeable future. University of Minnesota is just about the organizations you could confidence to offer your family suitable and also better stay in the foreseeable future. Signing up for this business can make anyone capable of attain the target easier and also create your own desire becoming reality.
To create the organization eyesight and also quest happens accurate; University of Minnesota will be wide open pertaining to completely new position since Position as Communications Specialist Companies University of Minnesota in Duluth, MN in January 2018 inside Duluth, MN begin with January 2018. All people who's interested in filling this vacant, make sure you take part in this specific Position as Communications Specialist Companies University of Minnesota in Duluth, MN in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Duluth, MN. It truly is advised for everyone participants to organize almost all required prerequisites for this task recruitment process, since the procedure requires you to definitely allow ideal specs that the firm wishes because of this location. If you're you are the one that can certainly complete the spec, you can attempt to read more information about Position as Communications Specialist Companies University of Minnesota in Duluth, MN in January 2018 January 2018 in Duluth, MN below..
Communications SpecialistCompany University of Minnesota
Location Duluth, MN
Update 6 Day ago
- BA/BS degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Communications, Marketing or related field plus 2 years professional experience, or 6 years combined equivalent education and experience.
- Experience working in a K-12 setting and/or outreach and science communication experience.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Ability to travel within Minnesota and the upper Midwest region to visit K-12 programs.
Working Title: Outreach Specialist
Percent Time: 100
Normal Work Hours: Typically Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 PM, some nights and weekends
Employee Group/FLSA Status: Civil Service/Exempt
Term/Type: 12 month, continuing
College: Swenson College of Science and Engineering
Campus Location: Duluth
The Swenson College of Science and Engineering (SCSE) students, faculty and staff engage with the surrounding Minnesota and Wisconsin communities to encourage interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Workshops, mentorship, hands-on activities and more are components of the SCSE Outreach Program which is a critical component of our strategic plan to engage people of all backgrounds to get excited about science and engineering careers. The outreach coordinator/communications specialist coordinates all college-wide outreach activities. This role shall develop, implement, and make any necessary improvements to a broad outreach platform focused STEM delivery to the Arrowhead community and beyond.
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement a comprehensive and inclusive outreach program that includes recurri ng lesson delivery, large and small-scale events, long-distance and rural outreach, tours and other activities.
- Work with SCSE faculty, staff, students, and with UMD Admissions to market SCSE academic programs to K-12 regional schools, with an emphasis on visiting area K-12 schools on a regularly scheduled basis to develop and foster relationshi ps.
- Work with the Dean and the SCSE Outreach Committee to develop and implement strategic plan for outreach that includes developing, sustaining and coordinating outreach programs across the College.
- Coordinate workshops and other training and networking events at SCSE to engage faculty, staff, and students in outreach activities and share information and best practices.
- Work with SCSE faculty, staff, and students on other outreach related activities including travel and grant writing, as needed.
- Occasional travel to off-campus locations will be necessary as part of this position.
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Activities" page and uploading documents there.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD)
The University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD) consistently ranks among the top Midwestern, regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's "America's Best Colleges" issue.
Overlooking Lake Superior, UMD provides an alternative to both large research and small liberal arts environments and attracts students looking for a personalized learning experience on a medium-sized campus of a major university. A firm liberal arts foundation anchors a variety of traditional degree programs, as well as professional and graduate students that draw on UMD's many research institutes and labs.