carrierlist.co - Today's work recruitment is very aggressive, which is why should you perform wisely in fact it is not only a hard course of action. carrierlist.co offers you probability to undertake it so you could help to make the proper decision within greater technique to find speedy and also much better end result. This way you'll get better probability in addition to better are living sometime soon. United Nations is amongst the firms that one could believe in to supply family and friends suitable along with far better dwell later on. Joining this provider is likely to make anyone in a position to attain your own objective simpler and produce your own aspiration becoming reality.
To make the business eyesight as well as mission happens correct; United Nations can be open intended for brand new situation seeing that Position as EDITORIAL AND DESKTOP PUBLISHING ASSISTANT (SPANISH) Companies United Nations in New York, NY in January 2018 in New York, NY begin with January 2018. Anyone who's considering stuffing this empty, please participate in that Position as EDITORIAL AND DESKTOP PUBLISHING ASSISTANT (SPANISH) Companies United Nations in New York, NY in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout New York, NY. It's encouraged for everyone individuals to organize most necessary demands because of this career recruitment course of action, as the practice will be needing someone to give suited spec that this business wishes because of this position. If you feel that you are this can populate the standards, you can search you just read more information about Position as EDITORIAL AND DESKTOP PUBLISHING ASSISTANT (SPANISH) Companies United Nations in New York, NY in January 2018 January 2018 in New York, NY below..
EDITORIAL AND DESKTOP PUBLISHING ASSISTANT (SPANISH)Company United Nations
Location New York, NY
Update 8 Day ago
Responsibilities Within limits of delegated authority, the Editorial and Desktop Publishing Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Produces camera-ready documents for reproduction by typing, transcribing, incorporating corrections and formatting documents, as-well as creating tables, graphics and organizational charts, in desktop publishing layout, in accordance with existing guidelines, in addition to preparing publication in relevant software as needed for reproduction in hard copy and electronic dissemination.
• Performs proofreading functions to ensure that processing changes have been accurately incorporated, in consultation with the responsible person, as necessary, by checking successive versions of edited and translated documents against previous versions, as appropriate, including by checking the final version against the submitted original manuscript, in accordance with existing guidelines.
• Ensures, in accordance with existing guidelines, that:
(a) All manuscript elements, including text, headings, items in lists, tabular and graphical elements, footnotes, attachments, front and back matter and spine, and page numbers, have been properly included and cross-linked, as appropriate;
(b) Numerical data have been correctly transcribed;
(c) Obvious errors, discrepancies or incongruities as to content, format and typography have been corrected.
• Compiles and scopes complex and large documents against the original text, according to required format.
• Participates, as a member of a team, in the production of parliamentary and miscellaneous documentation, supplements and sales publications, by preparing desktop publishing layout of the final product, in the relevant language, for reproduction in hard copy and electronic dissemination.
• Compiles submitted corrections and edits documents in relevant language, according to required format.
• Stores final text on the United Nations Official Document System (ODS).
• Facilitates access to parliamentary and miscellaneous documentation through PDA web-based tools.
• Aligns bi-texts in order to support the production of high-quality translation memories for computer-assisted translation (CAT), machine translation (MT) and related workflow improvements.
• Performs other modified text-processing functions developed under related workflow reviews, new workflow process as needed.
• Under the guidance of the Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor, creates, updates and maintains macros, templates and models as needed.
• Trains and guides temporary and new staff, in the processing of basic and more complex documents.
• Assists and replaces the Assistant Supervisor, when needed. Takes charge of a shift as required.
• Rotates on daytime, after-hours and weekend work shifts, as needed.
• Stays available for overtime and on-call assignments, depending on the needs of service.
• Provides text processing services to other departments, when required.
• Performs other related work as required.
Competencies •Professionalism: Knowledge of editorial practices and desktop publishing, including typographic standards. Knowledge of United Nations structure and rules of procedure of various organs or that of a similar international organisation. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Education High school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional formal training in desktop publishing or a related field is desirable.
Work Experience A minimum five years of experience in desktop publishing or a related field, including copy editing, formatting, proofreading and creating typographical layouts is required.
Languages English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in Spanish which must be the candidate's main language is required. Knowledge of English is required.
Assessment Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
United Nations Considerations Candidates will be required to meet the requirements of Article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter as well as the requirements of the position. The United Nations is committed to the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity for all its human resources, including but not limited to respect for international human rights and humanitarian law. Candidates may be subject to screening against these standards, including but not limited to whether they have committed, or are alleged to have committed criminal offences and/or violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law. The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations - Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the At-a-Glance on "The Application Process" and the Instructional Manual for the Applicants, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of inspira account-holder homepage.Applications are pre-screened by the system according to the published requirements of the job opening on the basis of the information provided in the application. In relation to the requirements of the job opening, applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their qualifications, including their education, work experience, and language skills. Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications may render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening. Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted. Applications cannot be amended following submission. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process to verify the information provided in the application.Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at midnight (New York time) on the deadline date.
No Fee THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.