carrierlist.co - Today's task recruitment is extremely competing, which is why you ought to operate wisely and it's not just a tricky activity. carrierlist.co offers you possiblity to get it done therefore you could create the correct determination within much better technique to find quick and much better consequence. Doing this you will definately get much better prospect as well as less hazardous dwell in the foreseeable future. Kanabec County is probably the firms that you can rely on to supply family and friends appropriate as well as much better reside sometime soon. Subscribing to the corporation can make you competent to achieve the aim much easier and help to make your aspiration be realized.
To create the business imaginative and prescient vision in addition to quest occurs accurate; Kanabec County will be wide open intended for fresh place because Position as Assistant Engineer Companies Kanabec County in Mora, MN 55051 in January 2018 within Mora, MN 55051 begin with January 2018. All people who's thinking about filling up this empty, you should engage in that Position as Assistant Engineer Companies Kanabec County in Mora, MN 55051 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Mora, MN 55051. It can be well-advised for many individuals to get ready many required demands just for this work recruitment course of action, because the method will be needing that you supply acceptable specification how the firm needs due to this position. If you think that you're this may load the actual spec, you can try to see further information about Position as Assistant Engineer Companies Kanabec County in Mora, MN 55051 in January 2018 January 2018 in Mora, MN 55051 below..
Assistant EngineerCompany Kanabec County
Location Mora, MN 55051
Update 8 Day ago
Apply online at www.kanabeccounty.org
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 years, closely related
- 2 years technical training + 12 years experience with at least 2 years of supervisory experience
- MN/DOT Certification Bituminous Plant Inspection
- Bridge Safety Inspection Bituminous Construction Inspection
- Bridge Construction Concrete Plant Inspection
- Grading & Base
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities desired
- Knowledge of civil engineering principals, best practices, and procedures used in design, maintenance, repair and construction of road and bridges and related facilities.
- Land and construction surveying methods and techniques.
- Fundamentals of management and supervision.
- Knowledge of construction administration, project development, and project management.
- Right-of-way acquisition process and procedures.
- Pavement management plans and road maintenance programming.
- Fundamentals of accounting, budget planning, and capital improvement planning.
- Strong computer skills for operation of specialized engineering design and GIS software/applications.
The Assistant Engineer is responsible for leading highway design, traffic studies and analysis in the development of transportation infrastructure plans. This position also includes assisting in the planning and budgeting processes and the supervision of employees and contractors.
15% Supervision & Administration
- Supervises, directs and participates in the work of technical engineering subordinates engaged in the investigations, development, design and construction of highways.
- Confers with the County Engineer on administrative and technical activities.
- Serves as temporary department head in the absence of the County Engineer.
- Assists the County Engineer in formulating and enforcing departmental policies.
- Performs supervisory duties in the absence of other supervisory personnel in the department.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Performs and supervises the designing of special engineering projects including drainage structures, retaining walls and pollution controls.
- Performs and directs surveying projects
- Prepares public documents, public notices, environmental documents, and required reports for project development, construction plans, special provisions, contracts construction documentation, construction estimates and final project administration.
- Coordinates all the above activities with MN/DOT and the Federal Highway Administration as required to obtain approvals.
- Assists in the planning and development of the five-year plan and yearly budget.
- Consults with and advises other county officials and the public on public works department and other engineering related activities.
- Researches property ownership prepares and interprets legal descriptions and easements.
- Assists in right-of-way negotiations.
- Researches future construction needs and alternatives.
- Inspects roadways and bridges through physical tests and visual inspections.
- Prepares reports on road drivability, and railroad crossing.
- Conducts bridge inspections and prepares an annual report for Townships, County, MN/DOT, and Federal Highway Administration relating the current condition and necessary maintenance of all bridges in Kanabec County.
35% Construction Engineering/Admin
- Supervises inspection and/or performs inspection on construction projects.
- Prepares status reports on projects.
- Observes activities and corrects conditions that are potential safety hazards to employees, contractors, or the public.
- Prepares contracts by assessing and costing quantities needed and preparing proposals, specifications and rules for contractors.
15% Other Duties
- Manage and maintain Kanabec County’s GIS data.
- Assist with other special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply online at www.kanabeccounty.org
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $62,420.00 to $76,481.00 /year
- supervisory: 2 years