carrierlist.co - Today's task recruitment is quite aggressive, that's why should you work properly which is not really a difficult activity. carrierlist.co will provide you with possiblity to do it therefore you would be able to make the best choice in far better strategy to obtain rapid as well as much better result. Because of this you'll get far better possibility and better reside down the road. Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration is amongst the corporations that you could confidence to present you and your family appropriate as well as greater are living in the foreseeable future. Joining this provider will always make a person competent to accomplish your own target easier and help make your current aspiration become a reality.
To produce the business eye-sight in addition to quest arrives genuine; Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration is actually open pertaining to completely new location as Position as Supervisory Medical Support Assistant Companies Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration in Charlotte, NC in January 2018 within Charlotte, NC begin as January 2018. Everybody who's keen on filling this empty, remember to engage in that Position as Supervisory Medical Support Assistant Companies Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration in Charlotte, NC in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment with Charlotte, NC. It truly is suggested for many participants to prepare just about all important needs just for this job recruitment treatment, because procedure need someone to allow suited spec the firm would like for this situation. If you are that you'll be one that could populate the particular specs, you can look at to read more info about Position as Supervisory Medical Support Assistant Companies Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration in Charlotte, NC in January 2018 January 2018 in Charlotte, NC below..
Supervisory Medical Support AssistantCompany Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Location Charlotte, NC
Update 8 Day ago
The incumbent's work impacts the administrative aspect of patient care, including: access,scheduling/coordinating appointments using clinic access principles, collecting and updating demographic and insurance information, managing the Electronic Waiting List (EWL), patient processing and customer service.
- The GS-8 Supervisory MSA incumbent is responsible to their supervisor for ensuring that the work assignments of the section are carried out by performing a range of duties/functions and also must be considered an expert in the functions of GS-6 MSA and a GS-7 Lead MSA.
- Incumbent must have a thorough knowledge regarding enrollment, eligibility and beneficiary travel.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the technical expertise and understanding to collect, scan, and update health insurance information via the Insurance Capture Buffer (ICB) software program.
- The incumbent must demonstrate technical competency and expertise in the use of the Vista, CPRS and MyHealtheVet/Secure Messaging systems.
- The incumbent must have thorough knowledge of the Outpatient Scheduling processes defined in the VHA Directive 2010-027 VHA Outpatient Scheduling Processes and Procedures and all scheduling policies and procedures derived from policies/procedures at the Salisbury VAMC.
- The incumbent must be knowledgeable regarding eligibility for VA medical care, priorities for care, release of information (ROI), Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and the Medical Fee Basis programs.
- Incumbent will be a leave approving official for the employees within their designated supervisory section.
- Incumbent will provide supervisory coverage for other areas within the Outpatient Administrative Support Section as necessary due to unplanned leave or planned leave by their peer supervisors.
- The Supervisory MSA must assist the services/clinics accomplish action plans and ensure follow-up for access plans is completed in a timely manner.
- Incumbent must ensure quality assurance for all work produced or completed within assigned clinic.
- Incumbent must identify developmental and training needs of employees and provides/arranged additional training.
- Incumbent will evaluate the performance of employees and provide frequent feedback to staff regarding attendance, performance and behavior.
- Incumbent must ensure daily review of the Clinic Appointment Availability Report (GAAR), Electronic Wait List (if applicable), and the AudioCare communications for accuracy and appropriate follow-up.
- Incumbent must assists and train new staff in orientation activities through shared knowledge and specific clinic scheduling expertise.
- The incumbent will instruct employees in HAS Outpatient Administrative Support MSA processes to include all types of scheduling, patient registration, interpretation of patient eligibility/benefits (to include travel benefits), and utilization of CPRS, VISTA, and Insurance Capture (ICB) Buffer software.
- Prepares and prints applicable reports utilizing various software programs, interprets relevance of data received and prepares material for oral and written presentation.
- lncumbent(s) must be able to interpret and communicate requirements of VHA Scheduling Directives and complete accurate scheduling responsibilities and assist in training other MSA levels as follows:
b. Notifies his/her supervisor when clinic access is less than desirable or if an individual patient cannot be scheduled within mandated clinic timeframes.
c. Daily review of active/pending consults, Electronic Wait List, Recall list and Audiocare communications for accuracy and disposition.
- The incumbent must have a solid knowledge of multiple electronic systems and current computer technology regarding imaging applications, Vista application, CPRS, Microsoft Office Suite applications,and all other applicable programs/software and equipment.
- Incumbent must also have solid knowledge and have the ability to use several types of office equipment to include fax machines, multi-line phone system, printers and copy machines.
Functional Statement Title/#: Supervisory Medical Support Assistant/000000 Basic Requirements:
U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
Experience. Six months experience of clerical, office or other work that indicates the ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position; or
Education. One year above high school (***Note: Education cannot be substituted at the GS-8 level***); or
Experience/Education Combination. Equivalent combination of experience and education are qualifying for entry level for which both education and experience are acceptable (***Note: Education cannot be substituted at the GS-8 level***).
Supervisory Medical Support Assistant GS-08
Experience: One year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-7).
Assignment: Supervisory MSAs at this level plan and direct programs at medical centers and/or satellite outpatient clinics and have full supervisory responsbility for supervising at least one subordinate team leader or supervisor. Assignments at this levelinclude, but is not limited to the following: assigning and evaluating the work of subordinate staff; resolving complex problems to ensure patient services are met; evaluating new products, equipment, and systems in order to make recommendations for improved operations; identifying educational or training needs; making final decisions on selections; evaluating performance, and taking disciplinary action when necessary. The employee has full administrative and professional responsbility for planning and directing the MSA's activities. Responsible for extracting and analyzing data in order to provide reports in support of performance measures to senior management. For all assignments above the full performance level, the higher level duties must consist of significant scope, administrative independence, complexity (difficulty) and range of variety as described in this standard at the specified grade level and be performed by the incubment at least 25% of the time.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Candidates must demonstrate the KSAs below:
1. Ability to provide the full range of administrative and supervisory duties which includes assignment of work, performance evaluations, selection of staff, and recommendation of awards and/or advancements.
2. Ability to collaborate, communicate, and demonstrate customer service and interpersonal skills with all healthcare professionals to ensure quality/continuity of care and ensure compliance with established policies and regulations.
3. Ability to provide briefings, orientations, staff development and training.
4. Ability to manage fiscal matters, forecast resource and equipment needs, and identify budget needs.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience .
References: VA Handbook 5005/53, Part II, Appendix G45, dated June 7, 2012.This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: See VA Directive and Handbook 5019. The duties and responsibilities of the position requires some mobility between various Clinic areas in separate building location sites (if applicable), but generally the job is sedentary with some standing, stooping, reaching, and lifting up to 20 pounds. Incumbent is required to work with computer equipment.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
- Other(VA Form 10-2850C )
- Cover Letter
Most Recent SF 50 (required)
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options . The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 2002773.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.