carrierlist.co -- Today's task recruitment is quite competitive, that is certainly why should you perform wisely and it's also not just a tough activity. carrierlist.co will provide you with chance to get it done so you would be able to help to make the right determination within much better strategy to obtain quick along with far better outcome. Doing this you'll get far better probability along with less hazardous reside in the foreseeable future. Nationwide Children's Hospital is one of the companies that you can confidence to give your self suited and also much better live in the foreseeable future. Getting started with this provider will make anyone capable to attain your current purpose much easier as well as help to make your desire become a reality.
To create the company perspective and quest will come accurate; Nationwide Children's Hospital is actually open regarding new location seeing that Position as Patient Access Representative - Patient Access 3 (Sheranko) Companies Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, OH 43205 in January 2018 throughout Columbus, OH 43205 begin from January 2018. All people who's keen on filling this kind of vacant, make sure you be involved in that Position as Patient Access Representative - Patient Access 3 (Sheranko) Companies Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, OH 43205 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment in Columbus, OH 43205. It truly is recommended for all members to ready almost all needed requirements just for this work recruitment process, since the procedure will require you to definitely supply suited options that this corporation wants for this position. If you feel that you will be this can fill the specs, you can attempt to learn to read more information about Position as Patient Access Representative - Patient Access 3 (Sheranko) Companies Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, OH 43205 in January 2018 January 2018 in Columbus, OH 43205 below..
Patient Access Representative - Patient Access 3 (Sheranko)Company Nationwide Children's Hospital
Location Columbus, OH 43205
Update 9 Day ago
This is a part-time position at our Urgent Care on Main Campus. Hours are 8a-2p Thursday through Saturday.
This position is responsible for the registration of inpatients and outpatients and/or the actual insurance authorization or precertification for provided services. As part of the hospital revenue cycle, the Patient Access Rep will obtain accurate insurance and demographic information to ensure that optimum payment is made to the hospital and physicians. Processes assigned work load in a timely and accurate manner. The Patient Access Rep will provide the services mentioned above to its customers, including but not limited to clinics and physicians, patients and families, managed care department Health Information Management department and Patient Accounts
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Interviews and registers patients in registration areas that report up through Patient Access.
2. Obtains accurate demographic, insurance, and physician information on registrations.
3. Screens customer data to ensure patient is eligible for insurance indicated. Communicates differences to the customer.
4. Screens registrations to ensure insurance pre-certification and physician referral requirements are met. Instructs customer on requirements.
5. Assists in identifying self pay patients and referring them to financial assistance when applicable. Instructs customer on requirements.
6. Establishes and maintains open communication with the all departments that Patient Access interacts with and clinical staff in those areas.
7. Assists in the shadowing/precepting of new employees.
8. Advises and collects deductibles and co-pays that are due. Explains Children’s Hospital collection and payment procedures, when appropriate.
9. Shows respect for the authority of others, including supervisor, manager, physicians, and nurses.
10. Displays positive attitude and discusses decisions or policies in a positive, problem-solving way.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. High school graduate. Associates degree preferred.
2. One year pre-registration, registration, admitting, or customer service experience.
3. One to two years of experience in billing processes and insurance verification
4. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
5. Ability to work and problem solve with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to understand and retain complex and quickly changing information.
7. Knowledge of the impact of the revenue cycle on hospital operations.
8. Familiar with medical terminology.
9. Able to function as a team member responsible for staffing operational hours.
10. Ability to adapt to change positively in work flow and process.
11. Keyboarding/typing/data entry skills.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Sitting - frequently
Talking on phone/in person - frequently
Typing on a keyboard - constantly
Standing/walking – constantly
Physically Active - Frequently
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. EOE M/F/Disability/Vet
US: OH: Columbus