carrierlist.co : Today's work recruitment is very competing, that is certainly why should you do the job wisely in fact it is an excellent difficult activity. carrierlist.co gives you possibility to take action so that you would be able to help make the correct decision in better technique to get fast as well as much better consequence. That way you will definately get superior probability as well as less hazardous stay sometime soon. Espyr is just about the corporations that you could have confidence in to present your household appropriate along with greater stay in the foreseeable future. Becoming a member of the corporation could make you competent to achieve ones goal simpler in addition to make the aspiration become a reality.
To help to make this company eyesight in addition to vision occurs genuine; Espyr will be available with regard to brand-new location while Position as EAP Specialist Companies Espyr in Marietta, GA 30067 in January 2018 inside Marietta, GA 30067 start from January 2018. Anyone who's considering filling up this particular vacant, you need to engage in this specific Position as EAP Specialist Companies Espyr in Marietta, GA 30067 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment within Marietta, GA 30067. It really is advised for those members to get ready almost all required specifications with this task recruitment treatment, for the reason that procedure will require you to definitely give ideal specs the company wants just for this place. If you think that you're one that can fill up the particular options, you can search to learn more information about Position as EAP Specialist Companies Espyr in Marietta, GA 30067 in January 2018 January 2018 in Marietta, GA 30067 below..
EAP SpecialistCompany Espyr
Location Marietta, GA 30067
Update 7 Day ago
Job Title: EAP Specialist
Exempt/ Non-exempt Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Relationship Management Department
Job Description Summary
This position delivers a variety of services for eligible employees, supervisors and accounts. This position is responsible for providing direct EAP services such as new client intakes and triage services, providing management consultation services to supervisors and managers, directly providing or coordinating the provision of training and CISD services, and providing other direct EAP services. This role will have a strong focus on law enforcement and trauma.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
Provision of direct EAP services. Duties include:
- Providing timely, comprehensive management consultations and case management services for managers making referrals of troubled employees.
- Providing intakes interviews for EAPC callers facilitating the timely referral of callers to EAP counseling, Work/Life and other available services.
- Providing triage interviews, crisis intervention, and follow-up services with distressed or acute callers.
- Developing and delivering various on-site customer training services locally.
- Arranging and coordinating such training services outside the Atlanta area.
- Providing CISD services locally and arranging and coordinating CISD services outside the Atlanta area.
- Providing after-hour on call services on behalf of the operation.
- Delivers EAP account management services to assigned accounts. Specific duties include: Conducting regular, timely reviews of service utilization for specific accounts; facilitating and coordinating the resolution of any account service issues or processes so as to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of services to accounts; communicating with accounts orally or in writing concerning a variety of matters; supporting and conducting new account implementation activities; and arranging for and managing the distribution of EAP promotional materials or EAP promotional events on behalf of EAPC customers. Has overall responsibility of monitoring key account metrics such as utilization of services, and communicating to the executive director any threats or business opportunities with accounts in a timely fashion. Performs other account management duties as appropriate or directed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited School of Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling.
- A minimum of three years experience in the MH, SA or EAP field.
- Experience with Law Enforcement is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of trauma.
- Licensure at the state level, preferably at the level of Independent Practice.
- Thorough knowledge of the Employee Assistance Program field, including current EAP technologies, services, processes, and innovations.
- Thorough knowledge of current behavioral healthcare and substance abuse treatment interventions including knowledge about the settings for and levels of care delivery; knowledge of community resources and self-help groups.
- Knowledge of current prevailing Employer benefit offerings and emerging trends in employee benefits as they impact and interface with EAP products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision. Ability to function as a part of a diverse team. Superior communication and critical thinking skills in order to resolve account and client issues effectively. Ability to multi-task and meet timeframes, along with a strong attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
- mental health, substance abuse or EAP: 3 years