carrierlist.co - Today's job recruitment is extremely cut-throat, which is for you to function prudently and it's not really a tricky action to take. carrierlist.co will give you chance to take action which means you can create the best conclusion in better technique to receive swift and superior effect. That way you'll get far better prospective client in addition to less hazardous are living later on. Department of Commerce is probably the organizations that one could have confidence in to offer your family suitable and also greater stay sometime soon. Becoming a member of the corporation could make an individual in a position to attain your own target simpler and make your current wish becoming reality.
To create the organization perspective as well as assignment happens true; Department of Commerce is actually available regarding completely new situation as Position as Administrative Support Assistant, ZS-0303-04 (DE/CR) Companies Department of Commerce in Portland, OR 97230 in January 2018 with Portland, OR 97230 originate from January 2018. Everybody who's considering stuffing this kind of nonincome producing, you should attend this specific Position as Administrative Support Assistant, ZS-0303-04 (DE/CR) Companies Department of Commerce in Portland, OR 97230 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Portland, OR 97230. It's encouraged for many members to ready just about all necessary prerequisites because of this career recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing one to give appropriate options which the firm wants due to this place. If you think that you will be one that can easily fill your specs, you can look at to see more info about Position as Administrative Support Assistant, ZS-0303-04 (DE/CR) Companies Department of Commerce in Portland, OR 97230 in January 2018 January 2018 in Portland, OR 97230 below..
Administrative Support Assistant, ZS-0303-04 (DE/CR)Company Department of Commerce
Location Portland, OR 97230
Update 4 Day ago
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.
The ZS-04 is equivalent to the GS-07/08.
The full performance level of this position is ZS-04.
This position is also announced under NMFS-AOD-2017-0004, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
Salary ranges will vary based on the location. Please visit: OPM Salary Charts for specific salary information related to a specific location.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit
NOTE: This vacancy may be used to fill other Administrative Support Assistant, ZS-0303-04 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
Responsibilities The individual selected for this position will:
- Provide a wide variety of administrative support for multiple division staff.
- Perform functional administrative duties that may include procurement, travel, timekeeping, and property reconciliation.
- Serve as a liaison with NOAA corporate support office on administrative matters, resolving conflicts that arise to ensure administrative requests are processed in a timely manner and in compliance with Federal and agency regulations and policies.
- Provide training to other administrative staff and establish and maintain office files.
- Make arrangements and process group travel requests, conferences arrangements, international visas and cables.
Travel Required Not required
Supervisory status No
Promotion Potential 4
Who May Apply This job is open to… All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals. Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Assistants, Office
- Office Assistants
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Qualifications requirements must be met by closing date of announcement.
Note: Your college transcript is used to verify successful completion of degree, or college course work. An official college transcript will be required before you can report to duty.
Qualifications Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
EDUCATION: There is no positive education requirement for this position.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies; knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify at the ZS-04:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the ZS-03 or GS-06 in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following:
- Providing administrative and travel support to staff utilizing and following Travel Regulations, micro purchase policies and guidelines.
- Managing property accountability, reconciliation and monitoring.
Additional information ICTAP candidates will be eligible if it is determined that they have exceeded the minimum qualifications for the position by attaining at least a rating of 85 out of 100. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on the Office of Personnel Management’s Career Transition Resources website at: Employee Guide to Career Transition
ICTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
EEO: The Department of Commerce provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please notify Human Resources Specialist listed in the Contact Information. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis. TTY users may contact us via the Federal Relay Service, 1-800-877-8339.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of the three pre-defined categories. The categories are “gold”, “silver” and “bronze”. However, your resume or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the “gold” category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans’ preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold) depending on the position and grade level of the job. For more information on Category Rating, please go to Category Rating .
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Knowledge of administrative regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to use a database as a tool for planning, coordinating, monitoring, tracking and/or reporting on programmatic activities for an organization.
- Knowledge of the Endangered Species Act (ESA) interagency consultation process.
- Skill in written communication and oral communication.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive
- Resume showing relevant experience; cover letter optional . Your resume must indicate your citizenship and if you are registered for Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/59. Your resume must include information about your paid and nonpaid work experience related to this position including: job title, duration of employment (mm/dd/yy – mm/dd/yy), hours per week, duties and accomplishments, salary, and your education. For work in the Federal service, please include the grade level for the position/s. Your resume may be used to validate your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire.
- If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 stating disposition of discharge or character of service or other valid proof of eligibility (i.e., statement of service that shows service dates AND character of service). If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans' preference see http://www.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp#VeteransEmploymentAct1998 .
- Active Duty Service Members-- You must submit a statement of discharge/certification of release or an official written document from the armed forces that certifies you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions no later than 120 days from the date the announcement closes. Enlisted Record Briefs and military identification do NOT qualify as official documentation. If the appropriate information is not submitted to confirm the discharge status, dates of service, etc., you will not be considered for this job opportunity under Veteran Preference procedures. To gain access to your DD-214 online please visit http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/get-service-records.html
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) documentation if applicable (see other information).
- Education. If this position requires proof of higher education, you must submit an unofficial transcript or a list of courses that includes the following information: name of accredited institution, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Special Instructions for Foreign Education: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities must be evaluated in terms of equivalency to that acquired in U.S. colleges and universities. Applicants educated in whole or in part in foreign countries must submit sufficient evidence, including transcripts, to an accredited private organization for an equivalency evaluation of course work and degree. A listing of these accredited organizations can be found on the Department of Education's website. You MUST provide a copy of the letter containing the results of the equivalency evaluation with a course by course listing along with your application. Failure to provide such documentation by the closing date of the announcement will result in lost consideration.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.