carrierlist.co - Today's job recruitment is extremely cut-throat, which is for you to function prudently and it's not really a tricky action to take. carrierlist.co will give you chance to take action which means you can create the best conclusion in better technique to receive swift and superior effect. That way you'll get far better prospective client in addition to less hazardous are living later on. City of Houston, TX is probably the organizations that one could have confidence in to offer your family suitable and also greater stay sometime soon. Becoming a member of the corporation could make an individual in a position to attain your own target simpler and make your current wish becoming reality.
To create the organization perspective as well as assignment happens true; City of Houston, TX is actually available regarding completely new situation as Position as ASSISTANT DIRECTOR Companies City of Houston, TX in Houston, TX in January 2018 with Houston, TX originate from January 2018. Everybody who's considering stuffing this kind of nonincome producing, you should attend this specific Position as ASSISTANT DIRECTOR Companies City of Houston, TX in Houston, TX in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Houston, TX. It's encouraged for many members to ready just about all necessary prerequisites because of this career recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing one to give appropriate options which the firm wants due to this place. If you think that you will be one that can easily fill your specs, you can look at to see more info about Position as ASSISTANT DIRECTOR Companies City of Houston, TX in Houston, TX in January 2018 January 2018 in Houston, TX below..
ASSISTANT DIRECTORCompany City of Houston, TX
Location Houston, TX
Update 6 Day ago
Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Department: Health & Human Services
Reporting Location: 8000 N. Stadium
Workdays & Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. *
*Subject to change
The Assistant Director directs and manages the Office of Surveillance and Public Health Preparedness.
- Provides public health expertise and leadership for the Department.
- Serves as a consultant for ongoing public health practice as it relates to prevention, communicable and chronic diseases, emerging public health issues and has extensive knowledge of population health, preventive medicine, Laboratory oversight, Public Health Preparedness, Jail Health program and Epidemiology.
- Demonstrates extensive public health expertise to implement and provide strategic direction for following areas: Laboratory Services, data and epidemiology investigations and analysis, Public Health Preparedness, Jail Health and Informatics program to ensure alignment with HHD goal and priorities and best practices.
- Demonstrates organizational effectiveness management, optimal people and resources utilization, and effective data-driven decisions to balance public health issues, departmental priorities, stakeholder interests and make effective decisions.
- Develops evidence-based programming utilizing data-driven outcomes for program and policy decisions to ensure continuous quality improvement and program effectiveness.
- Ability to integrate performance management into program activities, provide coaching and mentoring for improved success as well as provide personalized recognition to celebrate success. Clearly demonstrates and articulates a vision and expectation to the team and obtain commitment for program and Department success.
- Provides oversight of various grant and general fund budgets and seeks opportunities for additional grant submissions.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field to the duties of the position.
Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience are required. With at least three (3) of those years in a managerial capacity. A Master's degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
A valid driver's license and compliance with the City of Houston policy on driving are also required.
PREFERENCES Preference will be given to applicants that possess a Master's in Public Health or Epidemiology or PhD in a field closely related to the duties of the position.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
GENERAL INFORMATION SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
The Department may administer a skill assessment evaluation.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION Yes
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Pay Grade 32
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, with specific instructions, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.