carrierlist.co : Today's work recruitment is very competing, that is certainly why should you do the job wisely in fact it is an excellent difficult activity. carrierlist.co gives you possibility to take action so that you would be able to help make the correct decision in better technique to get fast as well as much better consequence. That way you will definately get superior probability as well as less hazardous stay sometime soon. The City University of New York (CUNY) is just about the corporations that you could have confidence in to present your household appropriate along with greater stay in the foreseeable future. Becoming a member of the corporation could make you competent to achieve ones goal simpler in addition to make the aspiration become a reality.
To help to make this company eyesight in addition to vision occurs genuine; The City University of New York (CUNY) will be available with regard to brand-new location while Position as CUNY Start/Math Start Program Support Specialist Companies The City University of New York (CUNY) in Staten Island, NY in January 2018 inside Staten Island, NY start from January 2018. Anyone who's considering filling up this particular vacant, you need to engage in this specific Position as CUNY Start/Math Start Program Support Specialist Companies The City University of New York (CUNY) in Staten Island, NY in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment within Staten Island, NY. It really is advised for those members to get ready almost all required specifications with this task recruitment treatment, for the reason that procedure will require you to definitely give ideal specs the company wants just for this place. If you think that you're one that can fill up the particular options, you can search to learn more information about Position as CUNY Start/Math Start Program Support Specialist Companies The City University of New York (CUNY) in Staten Island, NY in January 2018 January 2018 in Staten Island, NY below..
CUNY Start/Math Start Program Support SpecialistCompany The City University of New York (CUNY)
Location Staten Island, NY
Update 8 Day ago
CUNY Start is an intensive program for incoming college students, both high school and high school equivalency graduates, who need to increase their academic proficiency in reading, writing and mathematics prior to enrollment in college credit classes. The CUNY Office of Academic Affairs, all seven CUNY community colleges, Medgar Evers and the College of Staten Island work collaboratively to provide students with an innovative approach to developmental education. CUNY Start is recognized for its carefully designed curriculum and pedagogy, ongoing professional development, and supportive approach to student development. CUNY Start has proven to be highly effective at reducing and/or eliminating students’ remedial needs within one semester.
Math Start, based on the CUNY Start math curriculum and advisement model, is an intensive 8-week program for incoming CUNY students who want to increase their math proficiency before starting credit-bearing classes. Similar to CUNY Start, Math Start, enrolls students who have been accepted to CUNY, but have not passed the math sections of the CUNY Assessment Tests.
CUNY Start and Math Start operate at multiple locations on Staten Island and travel to these locations will be required.
The CS/MS Program Support Specialist will be responsible for providing comprehensive individual and group academic advising, performance feedback sessions and conferences, skills development seminars, workshops, and conducting recruitment for the programs including leading information sessions, interviews, and new student orientation sessions to enable successful program enrollment, completion, college transition and matriculation. Additionally, the Program Support Specialist will be expected to contribute to the creation of new models to enhance student support services and advisement. Reporting to the campus CUNY Start/Math Start Program Manager, the Program Support Specialist will work with a caseload of 50-100 students per term to cultivate and oversee their educational and advisement plans.
Other duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide academic and college success advice; skill improvement, college readiness, and survival strategies; general guidance, coaching, mentoring, and career exploration support.
- Monitor, evaluate, document, and report on students’ academic participation and progress, ensure compliance with guidelines, and manage records and files.
- Advocate for students, intervene with appropriate program support services and referrals to faculty, campus learning resources and/or University student development services.
- Deliver program curricula and create training manuals and educational support materials.
- Coordinate regular team meetings with faculty, academic and administrative staff, and actively participate in campus and University meetings and training activities.
- Participate in executing the program’s daily operations and logistics.
- Analyze program data, assist with evaluating goals, and develop measurement criteria to perform student learning outcomes assessments and create utilization reports.
- May supervise and train full/part-time professional, academic, and/or office support staff.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience in the following professional core competencies:
- Academic advising, career advising, and/or student development with linguistically, culturally, and academically diverse students populations, particularly underprepared high school or college students in an educational setting or college prep program;
- Facilitation experience in adult or developmental education while using a holistic and strengths-based approach to student development;
- Experience advising students who require accommodations and accessibility services;
- Strong presentation, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to successfully work with and present to diverse learners and audiences;
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, writing and research skills;
- Ability to work well in a time-sensitive environment,
- Experience working in collaborative, student centered and responsive setting;
- Computer proficiency using standard office software, programs and applications.
Provides educational development activities supporting a targeted academic program.
- Assists in developing and preparing program offerings, curricula, guidelines, and related communications
- Promotes program and advises students and College stakeholders on services, policies, and procedures
- Advises faculty, counselors, tutors, administrators and others on program goals, activities, and best practices
- Provides student services such as workshops, seminars, and advising sessions
- Coordinates efforts of faculty, staff, and other service providers to monitor and assess utilization, student progress, and program effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please visit http://cuny.jobs/ and enter the Job ID# in the “What” section field. Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information) as one file.
October 26, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.