carrierlist.co - Today's job recruitment is incredibly aggressive, that's why you need to operate properly which is not really a tough course of action. carrierlist.co will provide you with chance to do it so that you could produce the suitable conclusion throughout superior technique to acquire rapid and also greater end result. Doing this you're going to get much better possibility as well as less dangerous reside in the foreseeable future. Hospice of Lansing, Stoneleigh Residence, Ionia Hospice is amongst the businesses that you can confidence to present your family ideal in addition to better stay down the road. Joining this provider could make you in a position to attain your current aim less difficult and help make ones fantasy becoming reality.
To help make the organization eye-sight along with mission happens true; Hospice of Lansing, Stoneleigh Residence, Ionia Hospice can be wide open intended for fresh position while Position as Hospice Aide (CNA) Companies Hospice of Lansing, Stoneleigh Residence, Ionia Hospice in Lansing, MI in January 2018 within Lansing, MI originate from January 2018. All people who's enthusiastic about filling up this specific empty, remember to take part in this particular Position as Hospice Aide (CNA) Companies Hospice of Lansing, Stoneleigh Residence, Ionia Hospice in Lansing, MI in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Lansing, MI. It's advised for all those players to arrange most needed prerequisites just for this task recruitment course of action, because the procedure will be needing someone to allow ideal standards how the firm would like for this placement. If you are that you are the one which can populate this options, you can test you just read further information about Position as Hospice Aide (CNA) Companies Hospice of Lansing, Stoneleigh Residence, Ionia Hospice in Lansing, MI in January 2018 January 2018 in Lansing, MI below..
Hospice Aide (CNA)Company Hospice of Lansing, Stoneleigh Residence, Ionia Hospice
Location Lansing, MI
Update 8 Day ago
Title/Position: Certified Hospice Aide Reports To: Nursing Supervisor Supervised By: Registered Nurse Job Description Summary : The hospice aide is a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort. The hospice aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. The hospice aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient's care. Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities Responsibilities of the hospice aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing personal care needs after given a patient's assignment and attending to his/her requests promptly. If unable to perform a certain task, report to the primary care nurse/designee immediately.
- Providing patient and family with positive communication techniques, within realm of ethical and respectful care, including confidentiality.
- Meeting safety needs of patient and using equipment safely.
- Giving personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linen as often as assigned.
- Assisting in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals, including shopping, as assigned.
- Assisting in feeding the patient as assigned.
- Taking and recording oral, rectal and auxiliary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing proper care and observation of patient's skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence.
- Assessing and reporting on patient's condition and significant changes to the assigned supervisory nurse. Also aware of the caregiver or family/significant others living with the patient and interpersonal issues.
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the primary care nurse or therapist.
- Provide normal range of motion and transfers/positioning as directed.
- Assistance with self-administered medications as allowed by state regulations, such as “reminders.”
- Offering and assisting with bedpans and urinals. Providing assistance as assigned with light laundry needs.
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing respite for patient's/family/caregiver when on-site, as appropriate.
- Keeping patient's living area clean and orderly, as assigned.
- Provides homemaking activities for the terminally ill.
- Adhering to the organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Respectful of patient and family/caregiver environment and patient's personal needs.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description. Education will be provided and documented in the employee’s file. Communication
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice Interdisciplinary Team Members to meet the emotional needs of the patient and family/caregiver.
- Works in concert with the other hospice Interdisciplinary Group Members, co-workers and members of management.
- Attends Interdisciplinary Group meetings, as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains 12 hours of inservice hours annually and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Knows the Conditions of Participation and keeps current as the regulations change.
- Meets the training requirements of the State of Michigan.
- Holds current Certified Nursing Assistant certification and will provide employer with updated certificate.
- Is a high school graduate or equivalent
- Completed a minimum of 75 hours of classroom and supervised practical training. Sixteen hours of class room must be completed prior to a mandatory 16 hours of practical training.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given. Communicates effectively and appropriately.
- Understands hospice philosophy, comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill.
- Satisfactory references from previous employers.
- Is self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision. Secure with issues of death/dying. Provides a calm manner when in a patient’s home.
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Successfully completes a probationary period. This probationary period is to ensure the aide is competent in the above qualifications, and is documented by the supervisor and the employee.
- Demonstrates excellent team skills.
Job Limitations The hospice aide will not function in any manner viewed as the practice of nursing according to the Michigan Nurse Practice Act. Specifically, the hospice aide will not administer medications, take physician's orders or perform procedures requiring the training, knowledge and skill of a licensed nurse, such as sterile techniques. Skills Required
- Good oral and written communications
- Good organizational skills
- Sensitive to diversity
- Able to work in a team atmosphere
- Able to follow Plan of Care and report when Plan of Care changes are needed to the charge RN or to the Primary Care Nurses
- Active: Bending, Lifting
- Community home environment
- Exposure to infectious diseases
- In and out of automobile
- Exposure to temperature changes
- Exposure to a variety of patient/family dynamics and cultures
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.69 to $13.14 /hour
- CNA: 1 year