carrierlist.co -- Today's career recruitment is very competing, that is for you to do the job prudently and it is not just a challenging activity. carrierlist.co will provide you with chance to practice it which means you could make the proper conclusion in superior strategy to receive swift as well as far better effect. Because of this you will get greater potential customer and more secure live in the foreseeable future. The City University of New York (CUNY) is just about the firms you could rely on to offer your family appropriate in addition to much better stay sometime soon. Signing up for this company will always make a person in a position to reach your current goal much easier and produce your own fantasy be realized.
To help make the organization perspective as well as assignment occurs accurate; The City University of New York (CUNY) is actually open up pertaining to completely new placement since Position as Administrative Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds Level 4 Companies The City University of New York (CUNY) in New York, NY in January 2018 throughout New York, NY begin from January 2018. All people who's enthusiastic about stuffing this specific nonincome producing, you need to attend this Position as Administrative Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds Level 4 Companies The City University of New York (CUNY) in New York, NY in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment in New York, NY. It truly is encouraged for many players to get ready all necessary requirements due to this work recruitment procedure, as the course of action will be needing someone to provide suited specs that the corporation wishes because of this position. If you think you are the one that can easily load this options, you can search to learn more information about Position as Administrative Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds Level 4 Companies The City University of New York (CUNY) in New York, NY in January 2018 January 2018 in New York, NY below..
Administrative Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds Level 4Company The City University of New York (CUNY)
Location New York, NY
Update 4 Day ago
Under general direction, with wide latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative, oversees and is responsible for areas such as: cleaning, operating, maintaining, repairing and making improvements to the physical plant and grounds of a campus; the safe and effective operation and maintenance of the campus facilities; reviewing of repair/service requests and making inspections; establishing preventive maintenance plans and standards; the implementation of campus sustainability and energy saving measures; and dealing with outside vendors, contractors, federal, state, local and other entities.
- Assists in, or in the absence his/her supervisor, performs higher level administrative assignments and supervision of staff to ensure the safe and effective operation and maintenance of the plant, mechanical equipment and grounds.
- Serves as a principal assistant to a higher level college executive in one or more areas, such as the cleaning, operation, maintenance, repair and improvements of the physical plant and grounds of a community or senior college.
- Prepares the annual budget for the operation and maintenance of the college buildings and grounds under his/her control.
- Directs buildings and grounds staff in all repair, maintenance, and improvements involving major and minor alterations; directs staff in operation of plant, mechanical equipment and grounds.
- Trains staff in proper procedures involving equipment operation and safety procedures.
- Establishes work standards and procedures.
- Evaluates repair and service requests and makes inspections to determine the need for actual and preventive maintenance.
- Oversees operation and repair of vehicle fleet.
- Plans for the direction the rehabilitation, improvement, and repair work involving alterations to buildings and grounds, such as panting, electrical work, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning plant repairs, plumbing, masonry work, carpentry, gardening, and horticulture work .
- Requisitions, distributes and inspects materials, tools and equipment needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Reviews finished work, time spent, and material used for assigned projects.
- Ensures that waste is properly sorted for recycling or disposal and disposed in the proper manner.
- Is responsible for the proper removal of toxic waste under Environmental Health & Safety Office guidelines.
- Coordinates proper storage of toxic and flammable materials- allots proper space and containers if necessary.
- Assists in making surveys for cost estimates, and checks contractual work in progress for conformance with specifications and blue- prints.
- Contracts for maintenance services agreements and ensures adherence to bid specifications; approves payments.
- Is responsible for guaranteeing adherence to bid specifications and approving payments.
- Prepares bid specification for the performance work by contractors for the rehabilitation, improvement, and repair of buildings and grounds, including areas such as panting, electrical work, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning plant repairs, plumbing, masonry work, carpentry, gardening, and horticulture work.
- Develops and oversees preventive maintenance plans and standards.
- Plans for and directs the rehabilitation, improvement, and repair work involving alterations to buildings and grounds, such as painting, electrical work, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning plant repairs, plumbing, masonry work, carpentry, gardening, and horticulture work or prepares bid specifications for the performance of such work by contractors.
- Guides and oversees the implementation of campus sustainability and energy saving measures.
- Acts as a college representative with outside vendors, contractors, federal, state, local and other entities.
Administrative Superintendent Buildings-Grounds
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
This position oversees the management of all trades, with specific duties for managing the building wide Siemens BMS system integrating, operating, and monitoring all mechanical systems across the entire physical plant and eventually in all buildings. This includes all HVAC systems and equipment including but not limited to chillers, Steam stations, cooling towers, heat exchangers, emergency generators, pumps, controls, electrical power distribution, water treatment, sprinkler/stand pipe etc.
Reporting to Chief Administrative Superintendent of Building and Grounds in addition to general duties the candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Responsible for monitoring energy consumption and conservation.
- Identify energy savings opportunities and make recommendations.
- Conduct energy audits to evaluate energy use, costs and conservation possibilities.
- Establish college energy use standards and goals, including support for reducing energy use to support NYC Executive Order 26 (in which the Mayor commits to an 80% reduction in Green House Gases by 2050.
- Oversee design or construction aspects related to energy such as energy engineering, management and sustainable design.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot BMS, software/hardware, wiring, point of contact repair upgrade or replacement.
- Functional use of the Siemens Apogee BMS system and Archibus preventative work order system to manage the day-to-day operations and maintenance of all mechanical systems.
- Interact with the Siemens Company to maintain and upgrade software as necessary.
- Liaison with FDNY and all inspections.
- Represent the College during project planning meetings that relate to duties or as assigned.
- Liaison with other departments to determine their needs as it relates to lighting and HVAC schedules.
- Possess operational knowledge of computer based lighting control system such as Lutron.
- Coordinate with other Facilities Management department supervisors, event planners and other key staff with relation to mechanical equipment.
- Serve on the Sustainability Council, assist in the development of the energy management systems and emergency preparedness.
- Program HVAC and lighting schedules throughout the college.
- Peak Demand monitoring and load shedding including NuEnergen’s Enertrac dashboard.
- Manage Demand Response participation (Con Edison emergency load shedding program).
- Modify lighting in College according to conditions for the day.
- Perform monthly system backups and update mechanical system metrics.
- Provide support for the other Administration Superintendents.
- Review HVAC schedules with engineers and make adjustments as necessary.
- Work with CUNY Conserves, the University Central Office department, to implement an energy efficient program of Operations and Maintenance.
- Manage projects as assigned.
- Four years of experience in energy management, mechanical systems design or a closely related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience operating complex Facility related computer software systems.
- The professional designation of Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional, LEED, and Certified Energy Auditor are preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, engineering technology or related field with emphasis on facilities management or equivalent work experience preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing the job posting on John Jay College website or in CUNYfirst, please select the "Apply Now" button. If you are viewing the job posting on any other website, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listing"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number 17492
- Click on the "Apply Now" and follow the instructions
Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
- SEARCH EXTENDED------------------------------------------
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Job Title: Administrative Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds Level 4 (Provisional) - Facilities Management
Job ID: 17492