carrierlist.co - Today's career recruitment can be quite competing, that's why you need to do the job properly in fact it is not really a hard course of action. carrierlist.co will give you chance to undertake it so that you could help to make the right selection with much better strategy to acquire rapid as well as greater effect. This way you'll get better probability and also more secure reside down the road. San Diego Zoo is one of the corporations you can confidence to give family and friends ideal along with better live sometime soon. Subscribing to the corporation can make an individual capable of accomplish the goal less difficult along with help to make the desire come true.
To create the business imaginative and prescient vision as well as quest happens accurate; San Diego Zoo will be available with regard to new position while Position as KEEPER/AVIAN PROPAGATION CENTER Companies San Diego Zoo in San Diego, CA in January 2018 within San Diego, CA originate from January 2018. Everyone who's thinking about answering this specific empty, you should take part in this kind of Position as KEEPER/AVIAN PROPAGATION CENTER Companies San Diego Zoo in San Diego, CA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout San Diego, CA. It truly is advised for many members to arrange all needed needs with this career recruitment process, because practice requires that you allow suitable specification that the company desires just for this situation. If you think you are the one that could fill up the options, you can attempt to learn more information about Position as KEEPER/AVIAN PROPAGATION CENTER Companies San Diego Zoo in San Diego, CA in January 2018 January 2018 in San Diego, CA below..
KEEPER/AVIAN PROPAGATION CENTERCompany San Diego Zoo
Location San Diego, CA
Update 7 Day ago
Duration of your adventure – Year round with benefits
Seats (positions) available -1
Attire while on adventure- The Society has a very conservative grooming policy. Tattoos may not be visible or must be appropriately covered while on duty. Jewelry may be worn if it does not detract from a well-groomed look or create a safety hazard. No facial or tongue piercing.
Amenities - Located at San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park, this adventure offers ZOO Perks which include discounts on food/premium products, free and discounted admission to local attractions, and accrual of vacation and sick time (exception for some grants and Summer Fellowships).
(Union position) Hourly Rate $21.77 - $23.64
Requirements for this adventure include:
Essential job functions for this position include feeding and providing for the general care and welfare of assigned exhibit animals (birds), cleaning exhibit enclosures and contiguous areas, providing exhibit security and performing related work as required. Applicants must have aviculture experience. An example of experience would be at least 3 years working with birds in a captive setting, preferably at an AZA accredited institution. Experience with artificial incubation and hand rearing of birds is necessary. A Life Science degree, college education in a related field and/or experience or equivalent specialized training is necessary. Applicants must be available to work any of the seven days of the week, mornings or evenings, approximately 40 hours per week. A good driving record and a valid California driver license is required.
One essential function for this position is the ability to drive a SDZ Global vehicle. If you are offered employment, you will be asked to authorize SDZ Global to access your current driving report through the DMV’s Employer Pull Notice Program. Your hiring for this position will be contingent on SDZ Global receiving an acceptable driving report for you. In addition, your continued employment in the position will depend on you maintaining an acceptable driving record. You may obtain a list of conditions that disqualify a person from driving a SDZ Global vehicle from a Human Resources Representative. (POST 9/20/17) (Extended 9/30/17)
Deadline to submit application for adventure :
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2017
Applications must be submitted online by 9:30 pm Pacific Time
**San Diego Zoo Global is a smoke-free workplace**
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
SAN DIEGO ZOO GLOBAL IS AN
EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER
The Keeper performs all job assignments with a positive attitude that reflects San Diego Zoo Global’s mission and vision of saving species worldwide by uniting our expertise in animal care and conservation science with our dedication to inspiring passion for nature and leading the fight against extinction. The Keeper, under general supervision, feeds and provides for the general care and welfare of assigned exhibit animals (mammals, reptiles or birds). This position reports to a Lead or Supervisor.
This class is distinguished from the Senior Keeper class in that the Keeper works under supervision. The Keeper performs a wide range of semi-routine functions at either the Zoo or San Diego Zoo Safari Park. This class also consistently demonstrates the desire and ability to engage in positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Prepares food and water for exhibit animals
- Loads and unloads food from trucks
- Feeds exhibit animals
- Administers prescribed medication and keeps feeding records
- Observes assigned animals
- Reports abnormal conditions to superiors
- Cleans exhibit areas, pools, animal sleeping areas and service areas
- Cleans and disinfects utensils, work tools and containers
- Provides species-appropriate enrichment to assigned animals
- Maintains appropriate health and behavior records on assigned animals
- Responds to questions from the public concerning exhibits
- Provides exhibit security
- Participates in capturing, incapacitating and moving animals
- Participates in and supports animal training programs
- Assists medical staff in treating animals
- Performs minor or routine maintenance on exhibit enclosures
- Reports maintenance needs
- Operates a variety of light and medium equipment
- Adheres to all Organization and department policies and practices
- Practices the GRRREAT Customer Service Standards
- Prepares food and water for exhibit animals by cutting, measuring portions and adding nutrient or supplements
- Observes assigned animals closely with regard to general appearance, diet consumption levels, condition of fecal matter, etc.
- Provides exhibit security and takes appropriate action to prevent vandalism or maltreatment of animals by the public
- Provides care to neonates utilizing assisted rearing protocol
- Cleans exhibit enclosures and contiguous areas
- Performs minor or routine maintenance on exhibit enclosures and reports other maintenance needs
- May participate in either formal or informal presentations with guests including keeper talks, animal-feeding demonstrations, and behind the scenes tours
- May maintain plant life within or around exhibit areas
- May assist in installing, repairing and maintaining irrigation systems in exhibit areas
- Operates light and medium equipment such as dump trucks, skiploaders, forklifts, water trucks and other vehicles
Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
Education, training and/or experience which would clearly demonstrate the essential functions, knowledge and skills outlined. Examples would be 12 to 16 college credit hours in zoology, animal biology or animal husbandry; or, one to two years of work experience in a Zoo or similar environment where appropriate knowledge and skills in animal care could be acquired; valid California driver license.
Knowledge of :
Animal biology and zoology
Care, feeding and handling of wild animals
Safety practices around wild animals
Techniques for restraining or capturing wild animals
Respond to cautions from co-workers
Monitor animal behavior and appearance
Operate motorized equipment and vehicles
Use computer programs (Word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and Internet)
Communicate and work effectively with others
Work in a team environmentand motivate others
Multi-task and prioritize
Understand and follow directions effectively
Deal tactfully and courteously with others
Adhere to the organization’s policies, procedures and regulations
Competently perform the essential functions outlined above
Frequent exposure to close contact with a wide variety of exhibit animals, mammals, reptiles, or birds; work in uneven terrain with exposure to varying weather conditions, dust, and allergens; move about on slippery surfaces; handle toxic and/or hazardous materials; and work in confined or cramped spaces.
This position has been identified as one requiring lifting in excess of 50 pounds; frequently move moderate to heavy objects; standing, bending, squatting, twisting, reaching, etc; may work from elevated positions.
ALL NEW HIRES ARE SUBJECT TO PASSING A DRUG SCREEN.
SOME EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON PASSING PRE-PLACEMENT TESTING