carrierlist.co - Today's job recruitment is incredibly aggressive, that's why you need to operate properly which is not really a tough course of action. carrierlist.co will provide you with chance to do it so that you could produce the suitable conclusion throughout superior technique to acquire rapid and also greater end result. Doing this you're going to get much better possibility as well as less dangerous reside in the foreseeable future. Treehouse Island, Inc is amongst the businesses that you can confidence to present your family ideal in addition to better stay down the road. Joining this provider could make you in a position to attain your current aim less difficult and help make ones fantasy becoming reality.
To help make the organization eye-sight along with mission happens true; Treehouse Island, Inc can be wide open intended for fresh position while Position as Teacher - .NET/Java/Python/Data Companies Treehouse Island, Inc in Portland, OR in January 2018 within Portland, OR originate from January 2018. All people who's enthusiastic about filling up this specific empty, remember to take part in this particular Position as Teacher - .NET/Java/Python/Data Companies Treehouse Island, Inc in Portland, OR in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Portland, OR. It's advised for all those players to arrange most needed prerequisites just for this task recruitment course of action, because the procedure will be needing someone to allow ideal standards how the firm would like for this placement. If you are that you are the one which can populate this options, you can test you just read further information about Position as Teacher - .NET/Java/Python/Data Companies Treehouse Island, Inc in Portland, OR in January 2018 January 2018 in Portland, OR below..
Teacher - .NET/Java/Python/DataCompany Treehouse Island, Inc
Location Portland, OR
Update 4 Day ago
As a teacher at Treehouse, you’ll join our amazing team of teachers and create world class learning material for students. This is the job for you if you’re a motivated learner who understands programming deeply and loves to share that knowledge with beginners and intermediate programmers. You also love to present complex ideas simply and clearly with enthusiasm, and you take deep pride in helping people attain new jobs. You're excited to be on camera and master the art of education through screencasting.
This position can be based either at our headquarters in Portland, OR or our office in Orlando, FL.
- Maintain and update existing video material across multiple topics. For example, if you know ASP.NET, we might ask you to research and update material for the Spring framework in Java or Kotlin.
- Create rigorous quizzes, code challenges, and other types of assessment to test student learning and reinforce learning outcomes.
- Create structured educational content and work with the video team through production and release. This includes:
- Writing scripts
- Creating engaging example projects such as a back-end API
- Building assessment material: writing quizzes and programming code challenges
- Recording all course materials both on-set and as screencasts
- Design curriculum to teach programming fundamentals and best practices in one or more topic areas.
- Work with other teachers to design the Treehouse curriculum by identifying topics that are critical to job-readiness.
- Continue to master understanding of language fundamentals and stay on top of evolving programming standards.
- Support Treehouse content after it is published by responding to student questions and making critical updates to content as necessary.
- Must have a passion for:
- Changing people's lives by giving them job-ready skills. Although you won't be in a classroom, your courses will reach thousands of people around the world, and prepare them for entry-level programming jobs.
- Teaching. You like to take complex concepts and explain them in a way that beginners can grasp.
- Learning. You like to teach because you also like to learn. You not only enjoy learning new developments in programming, but learning new ways to teach.
- Outstanding writing abilities. You'll write a lot of scripts as a teacher. If you like to blog, have written a book (or would like to someday), you'll be happy in this job.
- Excellent presentation skills and on-camera confidence. You should enjoy public speaking and/or acting.
- Enthusiasm, optimism, and a growth mindset. This role requires flexibility and demands an eagerness to always be learning.
- Exceptional organizational skills - you prepare thoroughly for projects.
- Demonstrated programming ability in at least one domain with an understanding of:
- Object-oriented programming and design
- Programming patterns and best practices, like the Observer pattern
- This position requires the ability to maintain and contribute new content in multiple topic areas. While no single topic here is a hard requirement, preference will be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following skills:
- Data Analysis/Data Science
- An online portfolio or GitHub account showcasing your projects
- Teaching at Treehouse requires:
- A mindset of service for students
- Empathy for struggling students
- Embracing maintenance as a virtue
In addition to joining a fun and innovative company and working in a team-centered, flexible workplace, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Healthcare: Full coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- PTO: 3+ weeks PTO, federal holidays, and 1 week off in late December
- Retirement: 401(k) contribution match - Dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of your salary
- Continued Learning: $1,500 annual education budget (conferences, books, classes, etc.)
- Friends & Family: Share Treehouse learning with the ones you love ($1,000 annual value)
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Allowance