carrierlist.co - Today's job recruitment is incredibly aggressive, that's why you need to operate properly which is not really a tough course of action. carrierlist.co will provide you with chance to do it so that you could produce the suitable conclusion throughout superior technique to acquire rapid and also greater end result. Doing this you're going to get much better possibility as well as less dangerous reside in the foreseeable future. MD Anderson Cancer Center is amongst the businesses that you can confidence to present your family ideal in addition to better stay down the road. Joining this provider could make you in a position to attain your current aim less difficult and help make ones fantasy becoming reality.
To help make the organization eye-sight along with mission happens true; MD Anderson Cancer Center can be wide open intended for fresh position while Position as Patient Access Specialist Companies MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX in January 2018 within Houston, TX originate from January 2018. All people who's enthusiastic about filling up this specific empty, remember to take part in this particular Position as Patient Access Specialist Companies MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Houston, TX. It's advised for all those players to arrange most needed prerequisites just for this task recruitment course of action, because the procedure will be needing someone to allow ideal standards how the firm would like for this placement. If you are that you are the one which can populate this options, you can test you just read further information about Position as Patient Access Specialist Companies MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX in January 2018 January 2018 in Houston, TX below..
Patient Access SpecialistCompany MD Anderson Cancer Center
Location Houston, TX
Update 4 Day ago
The mission of the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the IR Patient Access Representative position is to provide personal and professional care to MDACC patients who enter the Interventional Radiology area of care and services. IR Patient Access Representatives are responsible for coordinating and scheduling all Special Procedure Interventional Radiology appointments. The position requires excellent verbal, interpersonal, organizational and computer skills. Assistance is provided to faculty, technical staff and peers both inside and outside of the division. To assist with any other tasks as assigned. Performs described functions in dynamic, high-volume patient care environment requiring interaction with all members of a multi-disciplinary team and with other departments and CARE Centers throughout MDACC. Requirements are the ability to utilize a keyboard, visually obtain information from computer monitor, manually use writing instruments to complete forms, communicate with a clear and understandable voice and operate other standard office equipment.
Interventional Radiology Patient Access:
- Consistently and accurately utilizes medical acceptance criteria to screen and schedule appointments for new patients in a way to ensure optimal efficiency in clinic operations.
- Not limited to new patient appointments “existing” and “outside” IR only referral patient appointments to be scheduled
- Makes appropriate arrangements to accommodate protocol and outside referral patients (time sensitive cases)
- Responsible for “Special” procedure queue monitoring, scheduling, requisition processing in a timely manner.
- Provides financial counseling options to patients including cost estimates, payment plans, discounts, and supplemental financial assistance; utilizing medical overrides and account reviews as appropriate.
- Composing and presenting Medical Override documents to IR Department Administrator.
- Involving procedure associated MDs for Peer to Peer with medical Director in IR.
- Collects complete and accurate financial data during intake process to ensure appropriate financial screening of new patients and verifies data during new patient registration to ensure compliance with required forms and consents.
- Demonstrates proficiency in identifying the appropriate CPT coding for Special procedures to maximize revenue charge capture and documents accordingly.
- Applies CDM approved modifiers as indicated.
- Uploading offsite imaging into PACS for MD review prior to protocol.
- Submits documents to medical records in a timely manner.
- Uses technical expertise to obtain insurance information, verify benefits, and secure authorizations.
- Follow-up on financial clearance status with all parties.
- Correlation of relevant medical data in patient’s medical history to be submitted for procedural pre-determination/authorization.
- Uses excellent oral communication and listening skills to communicate with patient, referral source, MDACC Physician and MDACC clinical staff regarding obstacles to access or financially clear.
- Communicates pertinent issues to administration/management for coding determination.
- Responds to voicemail and myMDAnderson messages within one business day and answers phone calls in a timely manner (within 3 rings).
- Completely and accurately documents communications with payors, patients, and the treatment team.
- Maintain financial data collection.
- Organize outside Rep visits (MRI Ablations/TACE)
- Notify Radiation Oncology Program Coordinator of Yttrium case load.
- Notify Imaging Physics Professor of Yttrium Diagnostic/ALK cases.
- Notify IR Fellow Group of special case patients/procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) or Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM), or Medical Assistant (MA).
Required: Three or more years customer service experience in healthcare, insurance or related field. One year with preferred degree.
Preferred: Five years business experience in healthcare, insurance, or a multi-specialty Physician practice. Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.