carrierlist.co -- Today's career recruitment is very competing, that is for you to do the job prudently and it is not just a challenging activity. carrierlist.co will provide you with chance to practice it which means you could make the proper conclusion in superior strategy to receive swift as well as far better effect. Because of this you will get greater potential customer and more secure live in the foreseeable future. Northeast Florida Health Service Inc dba Family Health Source is just about the firms you could rely on to offer your family appropriate in addition to much better stay sometime soon. Signing up for this company will always make a person in a position to reach your current goal much easier and produce your own fantasy be realized.
To help make the organization perspective as well as assignment occurs accurate; Northeast Florida Health Service Inc dba Family Health Source is actually open up pertaining to completely new placement since Position as Medical Records Specialist Companies Northeast Florida Health Service Inc dba Family Health Source in DeLand, FL in January 2018 throughout DeLand, FL begin from January 2018. All people who's enthusiastic about stuffing this specific nonincome producing, you need to attend this Position as Medical Records Specialist Companies Northeast Florida Health Service Inc dba Family Health Source in DeLand, FL in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment in DeLand, FL. It truly is encouraged for many players to get ready all necessary requirements due to this work recruitment procedure, as the course of action will be needing someone to provide suited specs that the corporation wishes because of this position. If you think you are the one that can easily load this options, you can search to learn more information about Position as Medical Records Specialist Companies Northeast Florida Health Service Inc dba Family Health Source in DeLand, FL in January 2018 January 2018 in DeLand, FL below..
Medical Records SpecialistCompany Northeast Florida Health Service Inc dba Family Health Source
Location DeLand, FL
Update 8 Day ago
Medical Records Specialist
The Medical Records Specialist performs duties essential to the patient visit by maintaining the files included in a patient’s health information portfolio. This includes but not limited to medical history, symptoms, examination results, diagnostic tests, treatment methods and other services. These functions are all subject to change based on business need and include but are not limited to:
- Maintains Strict patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain ongoing tracking an appropriate documentation on the patient’s chart to promote team awareness and ensure patient safety.
- Ensure complete and accurate registration, including patient demographic and current insurance information.
- Follow all NEFHS policies regarding attendance and notification
- Per medical records guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to specialist and outside facilities or legal counsel.
- Present necessary medical information such as history, diagnosis and prognosis.
- Assist patients in problem solving potential issues related to the health care system, financial or social barriers (e.g. request interpreters as appropriate, transportation services or prescription assistance.)
- Be the system navigator and point of contact for patients and families, with patients and families having direct access for asking questions and raising concerns. May assume advocate role on the patient’s behalf with the carrier to ensure approval of the necessary medical records for the patient in a timely fashion.
- Identify and utilize cultural and community resources. Establish and maintain relationships with identified service providers
- Answers all incoming telephone calls professionally and documents all phone calls/conversations in record as needed according to policy
- Ensure informed communication with patients and businesses by answering all calls, checking voicemails twice daily and responding to voicemails/portal questions within 24 hours.
- Remind patients of scheduled appointments via email, phone, in-person or mail.
- Follows NEFHS dress code policy
- Assists in maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the office.
- Receives and directs all visitors and patients
- Maintains and monitors tracking of medical records requests.
- Ensures patient records are only released to authorized persons by obtaining and/or verifying consent.
- Ensures that only the requested records are released.
- Submits requested medical records within 3 business days. If payment is required, submits within 3 business days of receipt of payment.
- Submits any STAT requests within 24 hours.
- Assists in obtaining medical records necessary in the care and treatment of our patients
- Ensure proper billing for requested medical records
- Assists patients with completing medical information forms when applicable.
- Obtains necessary signatures for consent according to policy
- Performs all data entry according to EMR policy documentation requirements
- Assists in maintaining medical records according to NEFHS policy
- Assists in maintaining office equipment
- Assists other team members daily
- Maintains knowledge of clerical, personnel, and medical policies and procedures as set by NEFHS
- Responds to Emergency and Crisis situations according the NEFHS policy
- Participates in all mandatory staff meetings, continuing education and performance improvement programs
- Utilizes all company resources in a cost-effective manner
- Adheres to the standards and policies of the Organizational Privacy/Security and Compliance Programs, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, OIG and applicable state and federal laws). This includes reporting any suspected unethical, fraudulent or unlawful acts to the Board of Directors, Compliance Officer, Privacy Officer, supervisor or suggestion box as directed by the Company.
- Must be familiar with the operation of all NEFHS offices and be available to work varying hours as indicated based on business need.
- Performs all duties as assigned by management
High school diploma or GED and at least one (1) year experience within a medical environment working with medical records.
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to read and write in English with effective communication skills
- Teamwork orientation
- Organized and able to manage priorities and time
- Some knowledge of CPT and ICD-10
- Knowledge of computer programs
- Knowledge of business office procedures
- Good judgment and resourcefulness in problem solving
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public
- Able to take and follow through with delegated tasks and accountability.
- Well lighted office environment. Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, etc.
Attendance at HIPAA and Compliance educational programs is a requirement of employment
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may changes as business needs evolve.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent