carrierlist.co - Today's task recruitment is very cut-throat, which is why should you operate sensibly and it is not really a hard action to take. carrierlist.co offers you opportunity to undertake it so that you would be able to create the right selection within better technique to obtain swift along with much better outcome. Like that you'll get far better prospect and safer reside in the future. City of Detroit is among the companies you can believe in to present your self ideal and also far better stay in the foreseeable future. Signing up for this provider will make a person capable of accomplish your current target much easier along with help to make your desire come true.
To help to make the corporation perspective and vision comes genuine; City of Detroit is wide open with regard to fresh placement since Position as Administrative Assistant - Police- Law Dept. Companies City of Detroit in Detroit, MI 48226 in January 2018 with Detroit, MI 48226 begin from January 2018. Every person who's considering filling this specific empty, you should take part in that Position as Administrative Assistant - Police- Law Dept. Companies City of Detroit in Detroit, MI 48226 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment with Detroit, MI 48226. It really is advised for all those players to prepare most needed prerequisites for this career recruitment treatment, since the practice will be needing that you allow appropriate specs that the firm would like because of this placement. If you feel that you will be this can certainly fill the actual options, you can attempt to see more information about Position as Administrative Assistant - Police- Law Dept. Companies City of Detroit in Detroit, MI 48226 in January 2018 January 2018 in Detroit, MI 48226 below..
Administrative Assistant - Police- Law Dept.Company City of Detroit
Location Detroit, MI 48226
Update 7 Day ago
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1) Analyzes departmental processes, operations and data to identify existing problems and recommends solutions.
2) Evaluates the efficiency or existing procedures and makes recommendations for quality improvement.
3) Determines the form, content and appropriateness of reports and documents and prepares reports.
4) Reviews documents to ensure adherence to appropriate format.
5) Studies assigned problems or procedural problems and makes reports and recommendations.
6) Determines material and time requirements for completion of projects.
7) Maintains and organizes files, drafts, and documents, conducts research and gathers pertinent information.
8) Assists the Law Department in contacts with professional organizations, private concerns, employees and governmental agencies regarding departmental activities.
9) Maintains confidential information.
10) Assists departmental personnel with meeting preparations, scheduling, minutes, legal documents and research.
11) Assists Law Department with FOIA requests.
12) Assists Law Department with legal representation requests.
13) Assists Law Department with dispositions.
14) Assists Law Department with litigation assignments, including but not limited to, obtaining documents, contacting police personnel for interviews, depositions and trial, and trials.
15) Performs all other administrative duties as assigned.
Paralegal certification with an Associate's degree, or a Bachelor's degree in business, law, labor relations, criminal justice, organizational development or closely-related area of study, or other combination of education and training to warrant equivalent recognition.
Substitute for college requirement: Significant work experience in municipal, business or legal office activities which has included administrative, procedural or fiscal responsibilities, along with college-level training less than an undergraduate degree, may be substituted for the college requirement. The weight given such experience toward meeting the education and training requirement will be based on an evaluation of the nature of the work performed as related to the scope and nature of this position, as outlined above , and the training requirement.
Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for education on a year to year basis for up to a maximum of two (2) years.
Five (5) years of increasingly responsible work experience in coordinating general business activities and performing administrative duties. Experience in a legal office with experience in legal administration is preferred.
Work methods and procedures, as well as legal aspects of business activities.
Organizational principals, management techniques, and labor relations practices.
Operating practices and procedures in a legal department.
Research methods. SKILLS IN :
Effectively interacting with departmental and organizational personnel at all levels.
Preparing and reviewing legal documents.
Answering and managing phone calls, multiple inquiries and multiple demands.
Proficiency in working in Smartsheets, Adobe, Microsoft Office or similar applications. ABILITY TO :
Plan operations, secure and supply information, and to carry out departmental activities.
Solve operational and administrative problems.
Effectively communicate, both verbally and written.
Manage multiple priorities in fast paced environment. SPECIAL NOTE : This is an at-will appointment, and the candidate selected serves at the pleasure of the Chief of Police.