carrierlist.co : Today\'s employment recruitment is very aggressive, that's why you need to operate wisely and it's not a tough thing to do. carrierlist.co will give you opportunity to do it therefore you would be able to help make the right choice with much better technique to acquire fast and also far better outcome. That way you will definately get superior probability and less dangerous stay in the foreseeable future. Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps / United Ways of Iowa is one of the corporations you could confidence to supply your household acceptable and also superior reside in the future. Signing up for this business will always make a person capable to achieve ones target easier and help to make your current aspiration become a.
To create the business eyesight and also mission arrives accurate; Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps / United Ways of Iowa is wide open regarding brand new location seeing that Position as Elementary School Literacy Tutor Companies Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps / United Ways of Iowa in Story City, IA in January 2018 within Story City, IA begin with January 2018. Every person who's keen on stuffing this empty, please participate in this Position as Elementary School Literacy Tutor Companies Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps / United Ways of Iowa in Story City, IA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Story City, IA. It's advised for many participants to prepare most needed needs with this employment recruitment procedure, for the reason that method requires you to give ideal options which the corporation needs with this situation. If you are that you are one which can easily complete this options, you can try you just read further information about Position as Elementary School Literacy Tutor Companies Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps / United Ways of Iowa in Story City, IA in January 2018 January 2018 in Story City, IA below..
Elementary School Literacy TutorCompany Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps / United Ways of Iowa
Location Story City, IA
Update 5 Day ago
Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps members are trained as Elementary Literacy Tutors and are placed in school districts throughout Iowa. Members are assigned to one site for the duration of the school year and serve 30 hours per week through the conclusion of the academic year. Iowa Reading Corps members work one-on-one with students in Kindergarten through 3rd grade who need help learning to read.
Apply directly online at http://bit.ly/IowaReadingCorps.
Specific service activities include:
1. Conduct one-on-one tutoring sessions using scripted, evidence-based literacy interventions provided by Reading Corps that aim to help students practice and build their foundational reading skills.
2. Develop and maintain a weekly tutoring schedule to allow for approximately 8 - 10 students to receive daily 20-minute, one-on-one tutoring sessions
3. Identify kindergarten - 3rd grade student who qualify to receive Reading Corps services based on assessment data collected by the AmeriCorps member under direction from the Internal Coach and Master Coach.
4. Assess, with high level of accuracy, students’ progress using weekly progress monitoring and tri-annual benchmarking assessments provided by Reading Corps
5. Record student and program data completely and accurately in an online database on a weekly basis.
6. Provide opportunities for family literacy involvement for Reading Corps students, including implementing the Reading Corps family literacy intervention – Read at Home! Read at Home! Read at Home! (RAH!)
Members also spend approximately 20 percent of their time completing the following projects to build community engagement and promote volunteer recruitment:
1. Attend school-sponsored activities (e.g. hosting an informational booth at family nights and student conferences, helping students choose leveled books at school book fairs, etc.).
2. Participate in site-sponsored trainings, meetings or other school-time activities (i.e. participating in after-school programming, attending relevant teacher trainings, etc.)
3. Engage in volunteer recruitment and community engagement strategies, as agreed upon with Program Manager (i.e., coordinating or assisting with community-wide summer feeding, library, and/or tutoring programs)
4. Participation in required State and National Days of Service (including, but not limited to, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and AmeriCorps Week).
COMMUNITY NEED ADDRESSED
Iowa Reading Corps is a statewide initiative to help ensure that all Iowa students are on track to read at grade level by the end of 3rd grade. This AmeriCorps position addresses specific unmet community needs related to early literacy and academic achievement. In Iowa, nearly 20 percent of third grade students do not read proficiently at grade level. This number rises to nearly 35 percent for students of low socioeconomic status. These numbers are staggering when we consider what they imply for the future success of these children ― students who are not reading on grade level by the end of third grade are four times less likely to graduate from high school than their grade level peers.
Service with this position leads to increased literacy levels for students in kindergarten through 3rd grade. Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps Members receive extensive training and support to provide daily, one-on-one tutoring sessions for students who are reading below grade level. Members also complete weekly progress monitoring with students to ensure that they are making progress on their grade-level goals.
Childcare assistance if eligible; Education award upon successful completion of service; Living allowance and training.
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
Knowledge in evidence-based tutoring interventions and progress monitoring, time management, public speaking, general communication skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $700.00 /month
- High school or equivalent