carrierlist.co - Today's career recruitment can be quite competitive, that is certainly why should you work wisely and it's not just a challenging action to take. carrierlist.co will give you probability to practice it therefore you could create the correct decision with much better technique to find rapid and also greater outcome. Because of this you'll get far better potential customer and more secure stay later on. Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps / United Ways of Iowa is just about the companies you could trust to present your family appropriate as well as much better live later on. Subscribing to this business is likely to make people able to attain your own objective easier and help to make your current fantasy be realized.
To help to make this company eyesight along with assignment arrives legitimate, Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps / United Ways of Iowa will be available pertaining to completely new situation because Position as Elementary School Literacy Tutor Companies Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps / United Ways of Iowa in Story City, IA in January 2018 in Story City, IA begin from January 2018. Everyone who's keen on stuffing this specific empty, make sure you be involved in this particular Position as Elementary School Literacy Tutor Companies Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps / United Ways of Iowa in Story City, IA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Story City, IA. It's encouraged for all players to organize just about all required specifications for this career recruitment treatment, as the method requires one to offer ideal standards the corporation desires because of this situation. If you're that you'll be the one which could complete the actual spec, you can search to learn further information about Position as Elementary School Literacy Tutor Companies Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps / United Ways of Iowa in Story City, IA in January 2018 January 2018 in Story City, IA below..
Elementary School Literacy TutorCompany Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps / United Ways of Iowa
Location Story City, IA
Update 8 Day ago
Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps members are trained as Elementary Literacy Tutors and are placed in school districts throughout Iowa. Members are assigned to one site for the duration of the school year and serve 30 hours per week through the conclusion of the academic year. Iowa Reading Corps members work one-on-one with students in Kindergarten through 3rd grade who need help learning to read.
Apply directly online at http://bit.ly/IowaReadingCorps.
Specific service activities include:
1. Conduct one-on-one tutoring sessions using scripted, evidence-based literacy interventions provided by Reading Corps that aim to help students practice and build their foundational reading skills.
2. Develop and maintain a weekly tutoring schedule to allow for approximately 8 - 10 students to receive daily 20-minute, one-on-one tutoring sessions
3. Identify kindergarten - 3rd grade student who qualify to receive Reading Corps services based on assessment data collected by the AmeriCorps member under direction from the Internal Coach and Master Coach.
4. Assess, with high level of accuracy, students’ progress using weekly progress monitoring and tri-annual benchmarking assessments provided by Reading Corps
5. Record student and program data completely and accurately in an online database on a weekly basis.
6. Provide opportunities for family literacy involvement for Reading Corps students, including implementing the Reading Corps family literacy intervention – Read at Home! Read at Home! Read at Home! (RAH!)
Members also spend approximately 20 percent of their time completing the following projects to build community engagement and promote volunteer recruitment:
1. Attend school-sponsored activities (e.g. hosting an informational booth at family nights and student conferences, helping students choose leveled books at school book fairs, etc.).
2. Participate in site-sponsored trainings, meetings or other school-time activities (i.e. participating in after-school programming, attending relevant teacher trainings, etc.)
3. Engage in volunteer recruitment and community engagement strategies, as agreed upon with Program Manager (i.e., coordinating or assisting with community-wide summer feeding, library, and/or tutoring programs)
4. Participation in required State and National Days of Service (including, but not limited to, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and AmeriCorps Week).
COMMUNITY NEED ADDRESSED
Iowa Reading Corps is a statewide initiative to help ensure that all Iowa students are on track to read at grade level by the end of 3rd grade. This AmeriCorps position addresses specific unmet community needs related to early literacy and academic achievement. In Iowa, nearly 20 percent of third grade students do not read proficiently at grade level. This number rises to nearly 35 percent for students of low socioeconomic status. These numbers are staggering when we consider what they imply for the future success of these children ― students who are not reading on grade level by the end of third grade are four times less likely to graduate from high school than their grade level peers.
Service with this position leads to increased literacy levels for students in kindergarten through 3rd grade. Iowa Reading Corps AmeriCorps Members receive extensive training and support to provide daily, one-on-one tutoring sessions for students who are reading below grade level. Members also complete weekly progress monitoring with students to ensure that they are making progress on their grade-level goals.
Childcare assistance if eligible; Education award upon successful completion of service; Living allowance and training.
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
Knowledge in evidence-based tutoring interventions and progress monitoring, time management, public speaking, general communication skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $700.00 /month
- High school or equivalent