carrierlist.co : Today's work recruitment is very competing, that is certainly why should you do the job wisely in fact it is an excellent difficult activity. carrierlist.co gives you possibility to take action so that you would be able to help make the correct decision in better technique to get fast as well as much better consequence. That way you will definately get superior probability as well as less hazardous stay sometime soon. University of Arizona is just about the corporations that you could have confidence in to present your household appropriate along with greater stay in the foreseeable future. Becoming a member of the corporation could make you competent to achieve ones goal simpler in addition to make the aspiration become a reality.
To help to make this company eyesight in addition to vision occurs genuine; University of Arizona will be available with regard to brand-new location while Position as Research Specialist Companies University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ in January 2018 inside Tucson, AZ start from January 2018. Anyone who's considering filling up this particular vacant, you need to engage in this specific Position as Research Specialist Companies University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment within Tucson, AZ. It really is advised for those members to get ready almost all required specifications with this task recruitment treatment, for the reason that procedure will require you to definitely give ideal specs the company wants just for this place. If you think that you're one that can fill up the particular options, you can search to learn more information about Position as Research Specialist Companies University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ in January 2018 January 2018 in Tucson, AZ below..
Research SpecialistCompany University of Arizona
Location Tucson, AZ
Update 6 Day ago
The selected Research Specialist will act in a deputy managerial capacity to the PI and Lab Manager in the oversight and management of five actively funded research studies taking place in the Social, Cognitive, and Affective Neuroscience lab to ensure timely completion and delivery of project milestones and effective communication amongst a large staff of Postdoctoral Fellows, Research Technicians, and Research Assistants.
Daily duties will include working closely with the Lab Manager in handling various administrative and scientific aspects of overseeing the proper completion of research studies. This will involve direct oversight of all team leaders and all subordinate lab members, including paid staff and undergraduate student workers.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable record of experience in managing diverse groups of employees and overseeing human subjects research studies within a behavioral health or related field, particularly in a context where management and oversight of subordinates was required. Further experience in database management, study coordination, statistical analysis, and regulatory coordination is highly preferred.
The College of Medicine recognizes the value of diversity of people, thought, perspective and experience. As the sole allopathic medical college in the state of Arizona, the UA College of Medicine values individuals who are able to work with diverse students, trainees, colleagues, and subjects.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ ASU / NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona, please click here .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Lab Manager in the supervision, monitoring, and coordination of work of subordinate Team Leaders and Research Technicians.
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual technical progress reports for all actively funded projects.
- Perform various administrative functions such as assisting in projecting budgets and procuring laboratory space, supplies and equipment.
- Make educated judgments regarding the validity of data obtained from experimental procedures and recommend protocol/procedural modifications in order to ensure fidelity of data.
- Provide support in new employee and volunteer training activities.
- Process paperwork and ensure that all lab members maintain updated trainings and credentials for conducting relevant project activities.
- Oversee time-keeping and effort-reporting activities of subordinates.
- Provide constructive feedback to subordinates concerning performance and adherence to various study, departmental, and institutional protocols.
- Oversee and assist in the creation and management of study databases.
- Design and modify questionnaires or other data collection or sampling instruments or data summarization methods, procedures or reporting formats.
- Operate and maintain laboratory and experimental equipment; perform repairs and makes arrangements for repairs to be performed.
- Provide guidance and assistance in the development of written operating procedures and perform quality control checks to ensure procedures are followed.
- Support Lab Manager and PI in overseeing activities and progress of lab staff and personnel.
- Provide regulatory guidance to Team Leaders and Research Technicians in the course of day-to-day research activities.
- Oversee subordinate Team Leaders in the management of project budgets to ensure that expenses are within budget allowances.
- Assist in the creation and submission of abstracts, articles, posters, presentations, and press releases.
- Assist in the assembly and coordination of grant preparation activities.
- Help coordinate annual employee performance evaluations.
- Assist in human data collection and/or administration of neurocognitive/psychological tests as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of human subjects research in the fields of psychiatry and behavioral health sciences.
- Knowledge of modern research methods, data collection and analysis and skill in their application.
- Managerial experience supervising multiple employees.
- Skill in analyzing and evaluating data.
- Demonstrated skill in report writing.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle personnel issues with discretion and care.
Please see Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications below.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND two years related research experience; OR, Six years research experience appropriate to the area of assignment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Full Time/Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Yes - Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay
$31,125 - $38,443 Annually, DOE
Type of criminal background check required:
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)