carrierlist.co - Today's task recruitment is very cut-throat, which is why should you operate sensibly and it is not really a hard action to take. carrierlist.co offers you opportunity to undertake it so that you would be able to create the right selection within better technique to obtain swift along with much better outcome. Like that you'll get far better prospect and safer reside in the future. Nationwide Children's Hospital is among the companies you can believe in to present your self ideal and also far better stay in the foreseeable future. Signing up for this provider will make a person capable of accomplish your current target much easier along with help to make your desire come true.
To help to make the corporation perspective and vision comes genuine; Nationwide Children's Hospital is wide open with regard to fresh placement since Position as Medical Assistant - School Health Services Companies Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, OH 43205 in January 2018 with Columbus, OH 43205 begin from January 2018. Every person who's considering filling this specific empty, you should take part in that Position as Medical Assistant - School Health Services Companies Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, OH 43205 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment with Columbus, OH 43205. It really is advised for all those players to prepare most needed prerequisites for this career recruitment treatment, since the practice will be needing that you allow appropriate specs that the firm would like because of this placement. If you feel that you will be this can certainly fill the actual options, you can attempt to see more information about Position as Medical Assistant - School Health Services Companies Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, OH 43205 in January 2018 January 2018 in Columbus, OH 43205 below..
Medical Assistant - School Health ServicesCompany Nationwide Children's Hospital
Location Columbus, OH 43205
Update 6 Day ago
Minimum Hourly rate: $14.54
This position is Part-Time working 36 hours per week, Monday -Friday, and benefits eligible. Optional Summer schedule flexibility.
The hours for this position varies. The start time will be from 7am-9am, depending on the school placement for that day.
This position requires you to use your own vehicle and travel to different schools in the City of Columbus school district, which will includes elementery, middle, and high schools. Valid Ohio driver’s license and transportation required to travel to off-site facilities. Insurance must meet hospital guidelines.
In this position, you will work closely with the Nurse Practitioner assigned to that school.
Looking for a person who enjoys working with patients and who can work independently. As a member of large interdisciplinary, working as a team in an educational setting is needed.
Medical Assistants (MA) are part of a care team dedicated to the highest quality of care for our pediatric patient population and their families in Ambulatory Services at Nationwide Children's Hospital (NCH). The Medical Assistant is directly responsible to the Program Manager or Supervisor for the work unit, and has daily reporting responsibilities to the lead Registered Nurse present in the clinic. The Medical Assistant takes directions and follows orders for delegated duties (see Appendix A) from a Licensed Physician, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physicians’ Assistant on NCH Medical Staff who are physically present in the clinic.
The Medical Assistant may provide direct patient care to the pediatric/adolescent/adult population served within the ambulatory setting. The MA will provide the highest quality of care. Verification of skill competency may include initial and possible annual verification for specific procedures as defined in Appendix A.
Interventions/tasks performed by the MA must adhere to approved standards of care as defined by Ohio Department of Health and Nationwide Children’s Hospital’s guidelines, policies, procedures and standards. In compliance with the Ohio Administrative Code (set forth at OAC 4731-23-02(B), a Medical Assistant is considered an Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP).
1. Medical Assistants at Nationwide Children’s Hospital assist with the following clinical tasks:
a. Rooming of patients
b. Vital signs
c. Heights and weights
d. Screening questions, transcribing patient or families responses into the medical record such as:
3. Collects and reports data to a Licensed Professional, including any abnormal findings and documents all findings in the medical record. The MA may not assess, interpret findings or plan care based on the findings.
4. Performs only medical procedures that are approved for an MA to perform at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Please see Appendix A for a complete list of approved procedures.
5. Medications: Administers only medications approved for an MA to administer at Nationwide Children’s. Please see Appendix B for a complete list of approved medications.
a. Must follow Nationwide Children's Hospital’s Medication Administration Policy and document the Medication 5 Rights.
b. Medical Assistants can act only on a written medication order placed by a Physician, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physicians’ Assistant.
- A signed written order is in the patient’s medical record prior to initiating an order. The order must be signed by the Physician, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physicians’ Assistant.
- Medical Assistants may not take verbal or telephone orders.
- The ordering Physician, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician’s Assistant must be present in the clinic or unit and immediately available while the order is being acted upon.
- Medical Assistants cannot act on written medication orders placed by a RN using a LPIP (Licensed Professional Initiated Protocol).
a. Medical Assistant may take direction and delegation of orders and/or tasks from a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse as long as it meets the following criteria:
- Is within the training and scope of the Medical Assistant
- Initial and annual competencies are verified, as needed, prior to performing the task, treatment or intervention.
- See Appendix A for a detailed list, as well as specific clinic/program approvals.
c. Approved by the specific service/program and be listed in Appendix A
d. Adhering to organizational specific policy and/or procedures set forth by Nationwide Children’s Hospital for the procedure, intervention and/or mediation administration
e. Competency verification, initial and annual as indicated by the hospital or Program Manager. (see appendix A)
1. Prepares medical record for patient/family visits, including pre-visit data gathering.
2. Greets patient/families and escorts to exam rooms. Updates patients/families in the waiting area regarding wait time or delays as directed.
3. Assists with general reception filing, record keeping, and copying.
4. Obtains release of information forms and adheres to HIPAA regulations regarding protected health information.
5. Places lab data in the medical record.
6. Answers phones and directs questions appropriately.
7. Follows up on broken appointments and makes patient reminder calls as directed.
8. Orders and stocks supplies as needed.
9. Registers patient as instructed and after completion of training program. Schedules patient appointments as directed.
10. Manages time and resources to complete assigned tasks in an efficient manner.
1. Assists in maintaining a safe clean environment for patients and families.
2. Performs cleaning duties as assigned.
3. Checks electrical equipment for inspection stickers/expiration date.
4. Reports supply/equipment problems to supervisor.
5. Assures that Joint Commission Environment of Care standards are maintained in clinic.
6. Follows safety and emergency policies/procedures, OSHA standards/universal precautions.
1. Acts as a preceptor for orientation and training of new staff, float staff and students as directed.
2. Provides peer input for performance appraisals when appropriate.
3. Obtains Certification or Registration through one of the two below agencies within one (1) year of hire and maintains a current certification/registration thereafter:
a. CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) through American Association of Medical Assistants
b. RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) through American Medical Technologists.
4. Identifies own learning needs, seeks assistance and attends educational programs as needed.
5. Attends or completes annual and mandatory in-services and training within designated time frames.
6. Participates in educational activities offered by the unit/area/division.
7. Participates in unit/program/area quality improvement activities.
8. Maintains, assembles and distributes patient/family education materials as directed by Nurse/APN/Physician.
1. Participates as a member of the patient care team by assisting others and participating in unit councils and staff meetings.
2. Performs job within the framework of the policies and procedures set forth by Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
3. Demonstrates awareness of and support for the principle of Family Centered Care.
4. Demonstrates promptness and consistency in meeting scheduled work commitments.
5. Provides age-appropriate care (based on growth and development principles) to patients and families.
6. Practices respectful interpersonal interaction with patients/families and other members of the patient care team.
7. Communication and interaction in the presence of patients and staff is professional and follows HIPAA guidelines.
8. Maintains confidentiality and sensitivity to the special needs of patients and families.
9. Performs other duties as assigned, within scope and standards set by Nationwide Children's Hospital and with appropriate training and competency verification as needed.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
a. High School diploma or equivalent required.
b. Associates degree desirable.
c. Successful completion of a Medical Assisting training program that holds National accreditation from one of the two following national accrediting organizations:
- CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program
- ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools)
a. Certification or registration required through one of the two below agencies within one (1) year of hire:
- CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) through American Association of Medical Assistants
- RMA (Registered as a Medical Assistant) through American Medical Technologists.
- If not CMA or RMA at point of hire, one (1) year of previous Medical Assisting experience required and eligible to sit for the CMA/RMA within one (1) year of hire.
- Maintaining a current certification with CMA or RMA.
4. Previous Medical Assistant experience, in the pediatric setting highly desirable.
5. Strong written and verbal communications, interpersonal and problem-solving skills and professional behavior in the presence of patients and staff.
6. Successful completion of Unlicensed Assistive Personnel orientation, and skills verification as provided by Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
7. Must demonstrate competence as defined in the Medical Assistant responsibilities/skills checklist in providing age appropriate care and services to pediatric patients of all ages and select adult populations.
8. CPR trained (American Heart Association Heart saver with pediatric content) course, or Health Care Provider course or Red Cross equivalent.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and follow HIPAA requirements.
10. Valid Ohio driver’s license and transportation required to travel to off-site facilities.
11. Computer familiarity and literacy with general data entry. Ability to learn and be proficient with specific computer programs, systems and Electronic Medical Record documentation.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to see, hear, stand, walk, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or without accommodations, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty.
Must be able to independently lift up to 25 lbs.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
US: OH: Columbus
- Registered Medical Assistant
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Privately-owned Vehicle Driver
- Basic Life Support (BLS)