carrierlist.co : Today's work recruitment is very competing, that is certainly why should you do the job wisely in fact it is an excellent difficult activity. carrierlist.co gives you possibility to take action so that you would be able to help make the correct decision in better technique to get fast as well as much better consequence. That way you will definately get superior probability as well as less hazardous stay sometime soon. County of Sonoma is just about the corporations that you could have confidence in to present your household appropriate along with greater stay in the foreseeable future. Becoming a member of the corporation could make you competent to achieve ones goal simpler in addition to make the aspiration become a reality.
To help to make this company eyesight in addition to vision occurs genuine; County of Sonoma will be available with regard to brand-new location while Position as Senior Internal Auditor Companies County of Sonoma in Santa Rosa, CA in January 2018 inside Santa Rosa, CA start from January 2018. Anyone who's considering filling up this particular vacant, you need to engage in this specific Position as Senior Internal Auditor Companies County of Sonoma in Santa Rosa, CA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment within Santa Rosa, CA. It really is advised for those members to get ready almost all required specifications with this task recruitment treatment, for the reason that procedure will require you to definitely give ideal specs the company wants just for this place. If you think that you're one that can fill up the particular options, you can search to learn more information about Position as Senior Internal Auditor Companies County of Sonoma in Santa Rosa, CA in January 2018 January 2018 in Santa Rosa, CA below..
Senior Internal AuditorCompany County of Sonoma
Location Santa Rosa, CA
Update 6 Day ago
an experienced Senior Internal Auditor!
Starting salary up to $7,442/Mo.* ($89,307/Yr.)
What Makes the County of Sonoma a Great Choice
In addition to the training, variety, camaraderie, and generous starting pay, you can look forward to some excellent benefits*, including:
- A $1,500 Annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit Allowance
- A monthly cash allowance of approximately $600
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, and 11 paid holidays per year
- County paid premium contribution to several health plan options
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security. With the recent pension reform, new employees as defined and eligible will receive a 2.5% at 67 formula, or for those individuals who meet certain criteria, including establishing reciprocity eligibility pursuant to PEPRA, will receive 3% at 60
Being a Senior Internal Auditor
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing professional internal audit work; conducting performance, operational, financial, and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization's management and staff; contributing input to the development of the annual internal audit plan; and maintaining all organizational and professional ethical standards in compliance with the IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Download PDF reader).
Incumbents conduct complex audits, have lead responsibilities for audit teams, and are required to manage a broad range of complex and technical financial activities. Reporting to the Audit Manager or the Supervising Accountant Auditor, Senior Internal Auditor responsibilities also include:
- Assisting in the identification and evaluation of organizational audit risk areas, and providing input regarding the development of the risk-based annual internal audit plans
- Performing audit procedures, identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures
- Conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing working papers
- Identifying, developing, and documenting audit issues and recommendations for improvement using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed
- Communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis to management and the Audit Committee
The Civil Service title for this position is Accountant/Auditor II.
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED.
Education & Experience: Any combination of education and experience which would provide an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed above. Normally, either possession of a four year college degree in accounting, finance, economics, management or business administration (or possession of a Certified Public Accountant's Certificate) and two years of professional audit and/or accounting experience (comparable to Accountant II or Accountant/Auditor I).
Seven years experience in governmental auditing and/or accounting, including two years of professional audit and/or accounting experience (comparable to Accountant I or II or Accountant/Auditor I) AND 12 semester units or 16 quarter units of accounting, including Principles of Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, Advanced Accounting, Governmental Accounting, Cost Accounting or Auditing, would provide such opportunity.
Experience directly related to the assigned section, such as payroll, tax accounting, budget, or auditing may be required.
License: Possession of a valid driver's license at the appropriate level including special endorsements, as required by the State of California, may be required depending upon assignment to perform the essential job functions of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Considerable Knowledge of: general and governmental accounting principles and practices; generally accepted auditing standards, including governmental auditing; laws, regulations, procedures, and policies related to various County fiscal operations; principles of personnel and public administration; principles and practices of employee supervision; automated accounting, payroll, and management information systems and personal computer applications.
Ability to: apply general and governmental accounting principles and practices; use generally accepted auditing standards, including governmental auditing; establish and. maintain cooperative work relationships with coworkers, administrative management staff, department heads, and others; problem solve, research and use fiscal documents; plan, manage and perform complex auditing and accounting tasks; plan, organize and direct the work of clerical and technical staff; prepare clear and concise reports and other correspondence; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; adapt to changing work situations as a result of regulations, laws and requests; explain County financial processes and systems to others; perform mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately; and evaluate and recommend complex accounting systems and procedures.
Selection Procedure & SOME HELPFUL TIPS WHEN APPLYING
- Your application information and your responses to the supplemental questions are evaluated and taken into consideration throughout the entire selection process.
- You should list all employers and positions held within the last ten years in the work history section of your application and should be as thorough as possible when responding to the supplemental questions.
- You may include history beyond ten years if related to the position for which you are applying. If you held multiple positions with one employer, list out each position separately.
- Failure to follow these instructions may impact your competitiveness in this process or may result in disqualification.
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED.
Responses to supplemental questions will be scored using position-specific criteria. Please provide specific and detailed responses of a reasonable length to allow for thorough assessment of your qualifications. Responses which state "See Resume" or "See Application" may be considered insufficient and therefore may not be scored.
The selection procedure will consist of the following examination:
An Application & Supplemental Questionnaire Appraisal Examination (weight 100%) will be conducted to evaluate each applicant's application and supplemental questionnaire for satisfaction of minimum qualifications (pass/not pass); and for educational coursework, training, experience, knowledge, and abilities which relate to this position. Each applicant will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of work history, related experience, and achieved level of education and/or training as described in the application and responses to the supplemental questions.
A background investigation is required prior to employment. Candidates referred to departments for a selection interview are typically required to sign authorization and release forms enabling such an investigation. Failure to sign prescribed forms will result in the candidate not being considered further for that vacancy. Reference information will not be made available to applicants.
Additional requirements, such as successful completion of a physical exam, drug screen, etc., may apply, depending on the duties and responsibilities of the position. If you receive a conditional job offer for the position, the requirements upon which the offer are contingent will be outlined in the conditional job letter. You may also review the Job Classification Screening Schedule to determine the requirements for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are accepted on-line at: www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org. Paper applications may be submitted by person, fax (707-565-3770), email, or through the mail. All applications and appropriate supplemental information as outlined in the job bulletin must be RECEIVED by the time and date specified on the first page of this job announcement. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted.
The County of Sonoma prioritizes and is committed to continuously providing a workplace where equal employment opportunity is afforded to all people. Please view the County's Equal Employment Opportunity Policy for further information.
HR Analyst: CG
HR Technician: NC