carrierlist.co : Today's work recruitment is quite competing, that may be why should you work prudently and it's not a tricky thing to do. carrierlist.co gives you opportunity to get it done so that you could make the best conclusion inside better technique to acquire swift and much better consequence. This way you will get better probability along with more secure reside in the future. AcuraStem is amongst the corporations you can rely on to offer your household suitable as well as much better live later on. Getting started with the corporation can make people competent to achieve your current objective much easier along with make your own dream be realized.
To produce the corporation eye-sight along with vision happens true; AcuraStem is wide open intended for brand new location as Position as Principal Research Scientist, Drug Discovery Companies AcuraStem in Los Angeles, CA 90095 in January 2018 in Los Angeles, CA 90095 begin from January 2018. Everyone who's keen on stuffing this kind of nonincome producing, you should participate in this kind of Position as Principal Research Scientist, Drug Discovery Companies AcuraStem in Los Angeles, CA 90095 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Los Angeles, CA 90095. It can be encouraged for those members to organize almost all essential specifications for this career recruitment method, since the process will need someone to offer ideal spec the business wishes just for this location. If you are that you will be one which can load the actual options, you can search you just read further information about Position as Principal Research Scientist, Drug Discovery Companies AcuraStem in Los Angeles, CA 90095 in January 2018 January 2018 in Los Angeles, CA 90095 below..
Principal Research Scientist, Drug DiscoveryCompany AcuraStem
Location Los Angeles, CA 90095
Update 5 Day ago
AcuraStem is a pre-clinical stage company focused on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). AcuraStem is advancing novel therapeutic approaches for ALS using patient derived stem cell models. The incumbent candidate should have experience in neurobiology, stem cells, familiarity with CNS animal models and the pharmaceutical process of drug discovery.
Overview: Principal Research Scientist, Drug Discovery
We are seeking a candidate with a "Drug Hunter" persona possessing historical experience in pharmaceutical drug discovery. The scientist is expected to work independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the AcuraStem leadership and other scientists. The scientist is responsible for development and execution of bioassays, and pharmacology of AcuraStem's ALS program. This position will play a key role in AcuraStem's therapeutic discovery and development process. The efforts will include including working with key opinion leaders to advance disease-related target engagement and efficacy investigations, ultimately driving to clinical candidate and indication selection.
The scientist will be expected to assist in the preparation/submission of multiple grant proposals and also prepare full manuscripts for publication based upon their research results. The scientist will be expected to maintain establish and maintain institutional IRB/SCRO protocols as well as develop new animal and IACUC protocols.
We are seeking a team player who is persistent, and tenacious with an objective to complete experimental plans with high quality, on time and on budget. The ideal candidate should be extremely well organized in order to document and communicate experimental results clearly and concisely. The candidate will be expected to provide regular updates, documentation and communication of project results to senior leadership.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing cell maintenance, expansion and genetic modification of cell models (including stem cells) using viral vectors or other gene-editing methods. A proven record with stem cell culture techniques is important. Prior experience in using pluripotent stem cells is a plus.
The Principal Research Scientist, Drug Discovery candidate must be already approved to work in the USA !
- Advance the AcuraStem laboratory infrastructure for target identification, assay development, pharmacology and lead optimization of AcuraStems lead ALS program.
- Develop strategy for implementing translational research approaches that interface collaboratively with contract research organizations (Preclinical Development, Chemistry and Clinical teams). These efforts would include in vivo PK/PD studies, design and synthesis of compounds, and development of clinically translatable biomarkers.
- Provide day-to-day scientific, technical and organizational leadership within the research team, advancing IP considerations to ensure optimal long-term patent protection around compounds as well as novel technologies.
- In collaboration with the team, create assays and qualification workflows for drug discovery programs, including routine compound testing of specificity, potency, and pharmaceutics with operational excellence.
- Possess keen strategic and technical expertise with experience working in a highly-matrixed organization interfacing with external partners and company founders. Mentor and lead 2-5 staff internally. Oversee coordination of CROs to ensure timeliness and progression of projects is in line with project plans. Balance workflow and department resourcing on platform expansion versus product focus in real-time based on strategic direction and priorities set by company management.
- Develop a culture of accountability, transparency, results, innovation and collegiality within the research organization by establishing performance expectations and hiring and developing top talent to achieve organizational delivery goals. Through the leadership of others, ensure employees are appropriately trained, following corporate policies, SOPs and practices without compromising quality.
- Present results at scientific meetings and in publications of peer-reviewed scientific journals. Review technical publications, articles and abstracts to stay current of drug research developments.
- Travel as needed to establish and manage key external drug discovery partnerships and technology expansion relationships at CROs and partner labs.
Education/Skill/Experience Requirements: Principal Research Scientist, Drug Discovery
- PhD, with expertise in neurobiology, preferably translational biology, and a minimum of 8 years’ industry experience post Ph.D.
- Demonstrated leadership or key involvement in drug discovery and development processes
- Demonstrated success delivering therapeutic candidates into development
- Expertise in multiple neuroscience areas. ALS experience also strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated project team leadership in a matrixed environment; small company and/or start-up experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Los Angeles, CA 90095
- drug discovery: 8 years