Hospice RN Case Manager (Weekend on-Call) NurseCompany 365 Hospice LLC
Location Greensburg, PA
Update 9 Day ago
365 Hospice has an immediate opening for a full time Registered Nurse. This would be a salaried position to be on-call during the Weekend (Friday through Monday) from 4:30 pm( on Friday) until 8:00 am (on Monday). This position would carry full time benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes an initial and comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness (es).
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by:
- Writing and initializing plan of care.
- Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs.
- Revising the plan of care as necessary.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions.Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s effects toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case assignments.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting preferred.
- Current license in State, CPR certification and valid driver’s license.
- Management experience not required.Responsible for supervising hospice aides.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
- Company Vehicle
- Friendly Work Environment
- Competitive Salary
Job Type: Full-time
- acute care: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN)