carrierlist.co - Today's career recruitment can be quite competitive, that is certainly why should you work wisely and it's not just a challenging action to take. carrierlist.co will give you probability to practice it therefore you could create the correct decision with much better technique to find rapid and also greater outcome. Because of this you'll get far better potential customer and more secure stay later on. Frederick County Government is just about the companies you could trust to present your family appropriate as well as much better live later on. Subscribing to this business is likely to make people able to attain your own objective easier and help to make your current fantasy be realized.
To help to make this company eyesight along with assignment arrives legitimate, Frederick County Government will be available pertaining to completely new situation because Position as Circulation Clerk (Part-time) Companies Frederick County Government in Frederick, MD in January 2018 in Frederick, MD begin from January 2018. Everyone who's keen on stuffing this specific empty, make sure you be involved in this particular Position as Circulation Clerk (Part-time) Companies Frederick County Government in Frederick, MD in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Frederick, MD. It's encouraged for all players to organize just about all required specifications for this career recruitment treatment, as the method requires one to offer ideal standards the corporation desires because of this situation. If you're that you'll be the one which could complete the actual spec, you can search to learn further information about Position as Circulation Clerk (Part-time) Companies Frederick County Government in Frederick, MD in January 2018 January 2018 in Frederick, MD below..
Circulation Clerk (Part-time)Company Frederick County Government
Location Frederick, MD
Update 8 Day ago
Position is located at Urbana Regional Library; primarily assigned to cover Saturday and Sunday hours (both days), weekday evening hours and some daytime hours during FCPL operating schedule.
This clerical position performs responsible duties related to all operations of an FCPL circulation desk and the automated circulation system. A significant amount of public contact is involved; therefore courteous, proficient customer relations skills are vital. Direction may be received from the Senior Circulation Clerk; supervision is received from the Circulation Supervisor and/or Branch Administrator.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Staff the circulation desk; set-up and close the circulation desk
- Circulate library materials to the public using the automated circulation system to record all materials charged out and returned
- Add, delete and update information in the patron information database and prepare new library cards when needed
- Collect and record fines, lost book charges, other fees and payments against patrons' accounts in the database
- Organize and maintain Inter-Library Loan records for circulation transactions, search shelves for reserved materials and notify patrons when reserved items become available
- Apply bar codes to library materials and add or withdraw items from the FCPL collection database
- Sort books and materials and forward them to appropriate locations
- Answer telephone calls, assist callers and/or refer calls to other persons as appropriate
- Explain FCPL procedures and policies to patrons
- Respond to and resolve patron complaints or misunderstandings; make referral to other staff as appropriate
- Participate in outreach events to promote library services
- Assist patrons with operating the photocopier, self-check out machines and other FCPL equipment
- Attend workshops, meetings and learning opportunities
- Perform other related duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Any single position may not be assigned all duties listed above, nor do the examples cover all duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
The qualifications / requirements, knowledge/skills/abilities and physical demands or working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school graduation, or the equivalent
- Minimum 1 year work experience providing customer service, working directly with the public
- Word processing and/or data entry experience or training, with sufficient skills to effectively access and utilize the FCPL computerized information systems and circulation system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn Library practices and procedures, including the use of the Dewey Decimal System
- Accurate math and clerical skills with the ability to properly maintain cash records and other operating forms and reports
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions to complete routine assignments
- Ability to effectively make independent decisions, organize work, determine priorities, and complete assigned work with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and effectively manage time in a busy environment
- Strong and effective spoken and written (English) communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers, co-workers and the general public
- Strong internal and external customer service ability including ability to exhibit patience, tact, and courtesy working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively access and utilize FCPL's computerized systems and ability to effectively provide related instruction for all customers and staff in a friendly and respectful manner.
PREFERENCE MAY BE GIVEN FOR:
- 6 months or more of library work experience
- Additional work experience providing direct customer service to the public
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently sitting and walking, lifting up to 20 pounds, reaching and making repetitive motions; and is occasionally pushing up to 40 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly working indoors
- During outreach programs and events the employee is frequently working outdoors; working in hot temperatures (above 100 degrees) working in cold temperatures (below 32 degrees) and walking on uneven ground.
Additional Information/Examination Process:
- Available for varied workdays and hours within the FCPL operating schedule
- Ability to provide own transportation to branch libraries, meetings, trainings, etc. as needed
KIND OF EXAMINATION (may include):