carrierlist.co - Today's job recruitment is incredibly aggressive, that's why you need to operate properly which is not really a tough course of action. carrierlist.co will provide you with chance to do it so that you could produce the suitable conclusion throughout superior technique to acquire rapid and also greater end result. Doing this you're going to get much better possibility as well as less dangerous reside in the foreseeable future. American Red Cross is amongst the businesses that you can confidence to present your family ideal in addition to better stay down the road. Joining this provider could make you in a position to attain your current aim less difficult and help make ones fantasy becoming reality.
To help make the organization eye-sight along with mission happens true; American Red Cross can be wide open intended for fresh position while Position as Red Cross Corps AmeriCorps Member - Disaster Preparedness Education Companies American Red Cross in Owensboro, KY 42301 in January 2018 within Owensboro, KY 42301 originate from January 2018. All people who's enthusiastic about filling up this specific empty, remember to take part in this particular Position as Red Cross Corps AmeriCorps Member - Disaster Preparedness Education Companies American Red Cross in Owensboro, KY 42301 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Owensboro, KY 42301. It's advised for all those players to arrange most needed prerequisites just for this task recruitment course of action, because the procedure will be needing someone to allow ideal standards how the firm would like for this placement. If you are that you are the one which can populate this options, you can test you just read further information about Position as Red Cross Corps AmeriCorps Member - Disaster Preparedness Education Companies American Red Cross in Owensboro, KY 42301 in January 2018 January 2018 in Owensboro, KY 42301 below..
Red Cross Corps AmeriCorps Member - Disaster Preparedness EducationCompany American Red Cross
Location Owensboro, KY 42301
Update 6 Day ago
Serving alongside paid and volunteer staff, provide direct service to clients of the American Red Cross through the accomplishment of Red Cross Corps goals and objectives. AmeriCorps members will complete projects that enhance organizational service delivery, and expand community resources while developing their professional skill base.
Red Cross Corps members commit to serving full-time (approximately 40 hrs/week) for 11 months for a minimum of 1700 hours.
Host Site Name: American Red Cross, Western KY
Host Site Address: 335 Frederica St., Owensboro KY 42301
Host Site Name: American Red Cross, South Central KY
Host Site Address: 405 West Dixie Ave., Elizabethtown KY 42701
Also splitting time with 615A Chestnut St, Bowling Green KY 42101
Host Site Name: American Red Cross, Louisville Area
Host Site Address: 510 East Chestnut Street, Louisville KY 40202
Also splitting time with 318 Washington St., Frankfort KY 40601
Host Site Name: American Red Cross, Bluegrass Area
Host Site Address: 1450 Newtown Pike, Lexington KY 40511
Also splitting time with 107 CVB Lane, Ste. 3, London KY 40701
Host Site Name: American Red Cross, Eastern KY
Host Site Address: 4201 Blackburn Ave, Ashland KY 41101
The member will be expected to:
- Commit to successfully completing an 11 month term of service
- Deliver preparedness education to 250 adults through the Home Fire Campaign
- Deliver preparedness education to 750 youth through the Pillowcase Project
- Build local volunteer capacity to support preparedness education by training 5 new lead volunteers
- Contribute to Kentucky’s commonwealth-wide volunteer engagement plan
- Participate in Days of National Service
- Submit bi-weekly timesheets
- Attend mandatory trainings and meetings
- Participate in the local Disaster Action Team
- Be available for National Deployments (optional, 2-3 week assignments)
- Comply with all Red Cross and National Service regulations, policies and procedures
The member can expect to:
- Receive the training required to be successful in their position
- Be alerted to professional development opportunities and provided time to participate in those opportunities (20% of member time - training & professional development)
- Have an on-site supervisor available for member support
- Be treated as part of the staff
- Receive two formal evaluations (mid-year and end-year)
- Make an impact on the community in which they serve
- Hold a position that does not displace or supplant staff or volunteers
- AmeriCorps members are full-time and expected to serve a minimum of 1,700 hours during their 11-month term of service. Members must be available during normal business hours, Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of this program, there will be times when members are required to serve after normal hours including nights and weekends, sometimes on short notice.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- A U.S. Citizen, U.S. National or lawful permanent resident alien of the U.S.
- High School diploma or its equivalent required. College degree highly preferred.
- Current valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Previous successful experience working with diverse populations.
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism, flexibility, initiative, and team-oriented.
- Multilingual a plus.
- $14,000 taxable living stipend distributed bi-weekly for 11 months of service.
- Student loan deferment or forbearance for qualified loans.
- Upon successful completion of term of service, eligible for a taxable education award in the amount of $5,815 which can be used to pay educational costs at eligible post-secondary educational institutions (including many technical schools and GI-Bill approved educational programs), as well as to repay qualified student loans.
- Health insurance offered.
- Childcare available if eligible.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License