carrierlist.co - Today's job recruitment is extremely cut-throat, which is for you to function prudently and it's not really a tricky action to take. carrierlist.co will give you chance to take action which means you can create the best conclusion in better technique to receive swift and superior effect. That way you'll get far better prospective client in addition to less hazardous are living later on. PeaceHealth is probably the organizations that one could have confidence in to offer your family suitable and also greater stay sometime soon. Becoming a member of the corporation could make an individual in a position to attain your own target simpler and make your current wish becoming reality.
To create the organization perspective as well as assignment happens true; PeaceHealth is actually available regarding completely new situation as Position as Infection Preventionist - Bellingham Companies PeaceHealth in Bellingham, WA 98229 in January 2018 with Bellingham, WA 98229 originate from January 2018. Everybody who's considering stuffing this kind of nonincome producing, you should attend this specific Position as Infection Preventionist - Bellingham Companies PeaceHealth in Bellingham, WA 98229 in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Bellingham, WA 98229. It's encouraged for many members to ready just about all necessary prerequisites because of this career recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing one to give appropriate options which the firm wants due to this place. If you think that you will be one that can easily fill your specs, you can look at to see more info about Position as Infection Preventionist - Bellingham Companies PeaceHealth in Bellingham, WA 98229 in January 2018 January 2018 in Bellingham, WA 98229 below..
Infection Preventionist - BellinghamCompany PeaceHealth
Location Bellingham, WA 98229
Update 5 Day ago
PeaceHealth is seeking a Infection Preventionist - Bellingham for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 151448
Infection Preventionists assure that PeaceHealth implements best practices and processes to reduce and eliminate hospital acquired infections, incorporates appropriate vaccination and prevention strategies, and accurate methods of surveillance and reporting of infection rates. Accountable to achieve all PeaceHealth Infection Prevention goals. Ensures that PeaceHealth meets or exceeds all regulatory and accreditation requirements associated with infection control. Responsible, in collaboration with other health care team members, for the surveillance of healthcare acquired infections; educating caregivers about infection prevention; and developing policies and procedures to insure rigorous infection prevention and control standards to reduce the risk of infection to patients, visitors, and caregivers. Assures compliance with external agency guidelines including accreditation bodies, OSHA, State Epidemiology and Public Health Department, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) requirements.
1. Implement operational strategies to prevent infections and prevent the spread of infectious illnesses. Develop and implement infection prevention strategies for patient care units and outpatient areas within scope of work. Participate in the development of the infection prevention program, and identification of action plans to reduce risk from hospital acquired infections.
2. Develop and maintain a system standardized surveillance program, identifying patients who have health care acquired infections and communicable diseases.
3. Provide expert resources on topics related to infection prevention.
4. Regularly assess the infection prevention practices of staff caring for patients. Provide education for caregivers on current infection prevention practices.
5. Facilitate ongoing review and assist with updating and implementation of policies and procedures relating to infection prevention. Assure implementation of regulations as determined by federal, state, and accreditation agencies relative to infection prevention requirements.
6. Accurately collect, analyze, and report infection data based on risk assessment and regulatory requirements
7. Identify and implement infection prevention and control strategies re: hand hygiene, cleaning, disinfection and sterilization, risks associated with therapies and diagnostic procedures and devices, recalls, barrier precautions, use of patient care products and equipment, and the influx of patients with communicable diseases.
8. Analyze infections and may validate surveillance conducted by others.
9. Work closely with Employee Health and Safety on topics related to infection prevention of caregivers.
10. Consult with architects and facilities leaders for remodeling and new construction to assure designs meet or exceed infection prevention requirements and standards, and to prepare Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) for work to be done
11. Regularly assess the environment of care. Implements control measures as indicated.
12. Participate in the development of a risk assessment and plan in conjunction with state and local public health resources, other Infection Preventionists and network supervisors.
13. Take action, as needed, in emergent situations to establish control and spread of outbreak.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in public health, epidemiology, nursing (AA degree acceptable) or medical technology program (American Society for Clinical Pathology), or other equivalent discipline, or experience in the field of infectious disease and prevention.
Master’s in Nursing, Public Health or Epidemiology preferred.
Minimum of two years experience in a health care environment in a same or similar role
Experience and knowledge in infection prevention practices, microbiology, epidemiology and adult learning
Leadership experience preferred.
Experience working in a public health setting and/or Infection Preventionist role strongly preferred.
Professional certification in infection control (CIC). If not certified, must develop plan to continue education and pass the national CIC exam within 2 ½ years of date of hire
Maintain membership and active participation in the Association for Practitioners in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) or SHEA.
If RN or other healthcare professional, must have current state licensure.
Proficient use of computers including MS Office applications
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to gather and organize data in a thorough and effective manner
Excellent interpersonal skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Resides within the community or system office as needed. Willing to travel as required to support community infection prevention needs.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video , and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Bellingham , St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $ 39.10 , more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Certified in Infection Control
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Risk Management & Quality || Full Time || QUALITY IMPROVEMENT