Controls EngineerCompany Indeed Hire in partnership with DVS Technosoft
Location Troy, MI
Update 7 Day ago
Traveling Controls Engineer/Technician - Automotive Indeed Hire in partnership with DVS Technosoft - Michigan. Candidate will be performing duties in the Greater Detroit market - then will expand, possibly internationally.
Traveling Controls Engineer/Technician Duties & Responsibilities
- The Controls Engineer/Technician is responsible for the day to day engineering for one or more controls projects.
- The Controls Engineer/Technician works closely with the Controls Project Engineer in relation to each project's electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic design.
- The Controls Project Engineer is responsible to report project status and technical issues
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by following procedures, rules, and regulations.
Traveling Controls Engineer/Technician Engineering Functions
- Responsible for engineering to customer specification of; electrical, hydraulic, and
- pneumatic control systems for assigned automation projects. Includes; calculations, component
- Includes; calculations, component selection, drawing package development, panel and enclosure layout.
- Create; layout and design drawings of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic control systems.
- Perform and assist with; PLC programming, logic debug and controls commissioning.
- Change Management – Will recognize and highlight to the CPE all changes from the original Scope of Work.
- Schedule Management – Will assist CPE in the development of project schedules by communicating time needed
- for tasks and best sequence of tasks to be performed. Will be cognizant of and adhere to the agreed upon project schedule. Will report to CPE when issues occur that prevent the original schedule from be followed. Reporting of project schedule status to CPE as required.
- Cost Management – Assist CPE with hardware cost estimates. Help CPE estimate required man hours needed to accomplish programming for specific parts of a project's Scope of Work. Responsible for submitting timesheets and expenses both error free and on time.
- Training – Collaborate with CEM to determine what training will best suit the team from both an individual and team standpoint.
Traveling Controls Engineer/Technician Qualifications
BSEE with 2 to 5 years Controls Engineering Experience or 5+ years Controls Engineer/Technician experience with an Associate's Degree
GM Certified (GCCH and GCCS) - preferred
Rockwell/Siemens PLC programming experience
Traveling Controls Engineer/Technician Skills
Computer – Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD Electrical, E-PIan, PLC & HMI Programming Software as required by project (write from scratch, install, debug, commission)
Interpersonal – Must be able to interact in a professional manner with Coworkers and External Customer
Job Type: Full-time
- Rockwell or Siemens PLC Programming: 5 years
- Logic debugging: 5 years
- Controls Commissioning: 5 years
- Create; layout and design drawings of electrical, hydraulic,: 5 years
Required license or certification: